Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,985 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Help... Battery Problems - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help... Battery Problems (1042 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help... Battery Problems by karo93: 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2017
I have not driven my car for three weeks, i however warm it for at least 5minutes and sometimes 20mins daily.... Today my battery failed to start the car.... Another battery started the car without delay..... The battery is only 7 months old....

What could be the possible causes of this problem and how could we take better care of our batteries in the future?.... Thanks in anticipation

Cc Gazzuz
Re: Help... Battery Problems by mayor2013: 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2017
Is ur charging system (battery and alternator) ok? Do you have any after market gadget installed? By the way are we talking about a keke napep undecided
Re: Help... Battery Problems by karo93: 7:55pm On Apr 11, 2017
Lol..... We are talking about a car..... Camry 05,i suspect the alternator is not charging the battery but how do i diagnose it?

The mechanic i saw just concluded that its the battery and he will charge it but i guess there is more to it..... Thats why i am here to get concrete opinions and suggestions before i see another mechanic. Thanks boss
Re: Help... Battery Problems by SmartchoicesNG: 8:40pm On Apr 11, 2017
karo93:
Lol..... We are talking about a car..... Camry 05,i suspect the alternator is not charging the battery but how do i diagnose it?

The mechanic i saw just concluded that its the battery and he will charge it but i guess there is more to it..... Thats why i am here to get concrete opinions and suggestions before i see another mechanic. Thanks boss
Most likely faulty charging system
Re: Help... Battery Problems by mayor2013: 8:41pm On Apr 11, 2017
karo93:

Do you have a multimeter?
Re: Help... Battery Problems by karo93: 9:56pm On Apr 11, 2017
I dont have a multimeter..... Clearly i should get one
Re: Help... Battery Problems by karo93: 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
Against the backdrop that i am currently quite busy to spend time with mechanics and autos in diagnosing this problem....... How effective can i be if i get my battery charged and constantly disconnect my battery wen i park the car to avoid discharge...... On the chances the alternator isnt charging the battery. How long can i use this manoever before the battery discharges again?!...... Thanks in anticipation
Re: Help... Battery Problems by karo93: 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2017
Is it possible that my car mp3 which is never removed from its outlet was a cause of the battery drainage?
Re: Help... Battery Problems by 3kay945(m): 5:11pm On Apr 12, 2017
karo93:
Is it possible that my car mp3 which is never removed from its outlet was a cause of the battery drainage?

Remove the mp3 na,. Must you leave it there?

(1) (Reply)

Honda Bullet Swap / Engine Swap Needed For 2005 Acura MDX / Toyota Nigeria Accredited Dealers And Their Contacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.