Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,415 members, 7,850,474 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:10 PM

Hello Please Can Someone Explain To To Me What Torrent Files Are - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Hello Please Can Someone Explain To To Me What Torrent Files Are (412 Views)

Hello Please How Can I Create An Internal And External Link On My Blog / Hello, Please Anyone Has A Cargo Or Delivery Script For Sale / Hello Please How Do You Contact Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hello Please Can Someone Explain To To Me What Torrent Files Are by realestniggah: 11:13pm On Apr 12, 2017
hello nairalander..please i will like someone to provide a better understanding of what torrent files are..and how to use them..

i keep on hearing about torrent files but i don't even have an idea how to go about downloading a torrent file and getting it to work
Re: Hello Please Can Someone Explain To To Me What Torrent Files Are by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
Torrent is a file that is constantly moving accross a large network of computers (sharers). In order to download the file, the downloading file segments must at the same time be uploaded to other users requesting the file. Torrents are tagged with a unique ID(metadata) so that any particular torrent can be located from anywhere on the network with the correct software. The files carry info about folders and subfolders to efficiently store themselves, locate their missing parts and report their actual location to other users in the larger network seeking them. It's a give and take process

Let's say you want to watch a pirated box office movie that's nowhere in the open, you have watched part 1 of Hidden Figures because you bought it or somehow copied it and saved it in your computer, now you want to watch Part 2 which is obviously protected(illegal) so you go to a BitTorrent site to download that part 2 and immediately, that site(BitTorrents) would search your system and take your saved Part 1 to another person in Australia who wants it while giving you the part you wanted to download from that person or from any other computer anywhere in that network(might be America). Anytime you seek a download, your computer uploads some file for others to use. Whether that file is partly or fully in your system or none doesn't matter. Your system would upload a prepared pathway or encrypted file report showing other seeking computers where that real file can be found in the network of BitTorrent computers around the world.

(1) (Reply)

Shopsportfolio, Cool E-commerce Site / Cyberattack Spreads In Asia; Thousands Of Groups Affected / A Ponzi Site Programmer That Resides In Abuja Needed Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.