Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,502 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

My Funny Interview Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Funny Interview Experience (21022 Views)

Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki / My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Funny Interview Experience by Teettyllayho: 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2017
MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Good day everyone. I'll like to share my funny experience at an interview few days back

It all started on a cozy beautiful evening. I was enjoying the fresh air while sitting comfortably at the entrance of my apartment and listening to the lovely voice of Shontelle on the track " Impossible"

I just love the song because it's one out of the many songs I've listened to that makes me ruminate on certain things about my life and give thanks to my creator. The song was at the last chorus when i was jolted by a vibration that interrupted my thinking. I picked up my phone, thinking it was another etisalat advert sms and checked my inbox only to find an interview invite from a school i applied to the previous day.. I
quickly typed the name on Google to check its authenticity and avoid stories that touch. Luckily for me, the invite was real. .

Later in the day, i started preparing for the interview against the next day. I went to bed after this, waiting patiently for dawn.

The next day, i woke up very early so as to get to the venue in time.
On getting to the venue, i was met by a lovely structure and warm welcome from the principal of the school. She directed me to the interview room where i met 3 other candidates,a lady and two guys, seated. I greeted them all and had my seat. .

While waiting, being the type that get bored easily, especially when doing nothing, i broke the silence. I started by initiating conversation with one of the guys seated beside me and before long, we became friends. We had the opportunity to discuss at this length because the interview for one person alone lasted for about 30 minutes and the lady i met was the first person to be called in

Few minutes later, the guy besides me was called in leaving me with Mr no nonsense. I gave him the name because the guy refused to smile or even respond to my greetings when i arrived earlier. Anyway,i guess that's not why he was there. As a result of this, i just sat quietly and pretended he wasn't there because i don't want someone to come and snub me.

After a while, he started complaining about the interview process lamenting and speaking loudly to himself. I wasn't invited, so i kept mum. And after pacing with no one to talk to, he said "hello" and i replied "hi". He sought my opinion on the interview process and i told him to be patient since we are the ones that need the job, he smiled when i said this and became a bit calm.

Minutes later, he spoke to me again "so what subject do u teach?"
"Biology, basic-science and social studies" i replied.
"Oh, you read biology?" He asked again and i said
"No, anthropology" . The next thing i heard was serious laughter! Ah! I became scared o because i don't understand what is happening o, i just adjusted a bit to avoid being beaten by a mad man (incase i thought right)

I started getting scared until he stopped laughing and said "why will you waste four years at the university for such course, nah,nah,nah, that's bad"
Ah! See this chicken brain laughing at himself and not me. Its obvious he doesn't know the importance of Anthropology. I pretended i didn't hear that because i don't know how to explain to him that we are in the same shoes. After a while, i asked him "oga, what's your discipline".
"Computer engineering"
"Wow! That's lovely! So, what are you doing here" i asked with a straight face and he started stammering
"I........i....i'm here for interview of course!"
"With an anthropologist and with the same pay, right?" I said sarcastically..........Nonsense human being, i thought inwardly.

He didn't bother answering my question knowing he messed up big time!

Do you know why I'm sharing this, Mr no nonsense didnt get the job because he didn't perform well at the interview and demanded for a pay above what the school was ready to offer......i also got to know later that he had a third class, but, that wouldn't have been a problem if he had carried out a little research about the school before going for the interview.

In conclusion, work on yourself and avoid putting people down as this might be an invitation to your downfall.

163 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by kixo(m): 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
hope you got the job? better jobs ahead...always stay humble
modified
Hip Hip Hurrray! FTC, so na like this e de be! Walking like a boss..lol

10 Likes

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by Afriifa(m): 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2017
I can imagine his foolish thoughts
Re: My Funny Interview Experience by Teettyllayho: 1:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
kixo:
hope you got the job? better jobs ahead...always stay humble

Yes, i did, and that was why i shared this. I want people to believe in themselves and do whatever they do very well, as this will make them stand out from the crowd. I pray i and anyone that need a better job, get it soonest

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by kixo(m): 2:02pm On Apr 13, 2017
Teettyllayho:

Yes, i did, and that was why i shared this. I want people to believe in themselves and do whatever they do very well, as this will make them stand out from the crowd. I pray i and anyone that need a better job, get it soonest
congratulations and a Big amen

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by ilevic(m): 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2017
Congrats man. BTW, which kind school employs anthropology to teach biology, basic science and social studies? No wonder private schools price professional teachers cheap, since they know there are computer engineers who are desperate to take up the job. Yet, we all complain that the standard of education is falling abysmally in naija. No insult meant man. just saying the bitter truth.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by LAFO: 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nice story.

Was thinking say Na fabricated stuff but towards the end I got what you were trying to say.

Some folks bad mouth some courses not because they don't necessarily like it but sometimes because of their insecurities in order to 'feel good' about themselves

Conrats OP.

8 Likes

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 13, 2017
Thread title says "Funny Interview Experience" I took the pain to read OP's entire narration, every bit of it, yet I did not find one _fucking thing to laugh about. I'm so devastated right now! angry

i also got to know later that he had a third class.....

By the way, what is the meaning of this drivel? What were you implying? I hope you know I'm a third class graduate too. angry angry

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by Teettyllayho: 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2017
LAFO:
Nice story.

Was thinking say Na fabricated stuff but towards the end I got what you were trying to say.

Some folks bad mouth some courses not because they don't necessarily like it but sometimes because of their insecurities in order to 'feel good' about themselves

Conrats OP.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by Teettyllayho: 3:20pm On Apr 13, 2017
ilevic:
Congrats man. BTW, which kind school employs anthropology to teach biology, basic science and social studies? No wonder private schools price professional teachers cheap, since they know there are computer engineers who are desperate to take up the job. Yet, we all complain that the standard of education is falling abysmally in naija. No insult meant man. just saying the bitter truth.

Guy we actually have the science part of anthropology, that's what i studied.......you can find out

3 Likes

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by Teettyllayho: 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
LastMumu:
Thread title says "Funny Interview Experience" I took the pain to read OP's entire narration, every bit of it, yet I did not find one _fucking thing to laugh about. I'm so devastated right now! angry

Ouch! Sorry about that,guess i'm not funny,lol

By the way, what is the meaning of this drivel? What were you implying? I hope you know I'm a third class graduate too. angry angry

Na the guy cause am Joor, i don't mean any harm. Some third class are better than some first class graduates because they work on themselves and do whatever they know how to do very well

4 Likes

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by ilevic(m): 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2017
Teettyllayho:

Guy we actually have the science part of anthropology, that's what i studied.......you can find out

I don't doubt your knowledge of the subject matter but the pedagogical skill.

6 Likes

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by Idydarling(f): 4:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
what happened next op, complete the gist na
Re: My Funny Interview Experience by joseph1832(m): 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2017
LastMumu:

Why did you graduate with 3rd class?

12 Likes

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by homiben(m): 6:40pm On Apr 13, 2017
ilevic:

I don't doubt your knowledge of the subject matter but the pedagogical skill.

OP, give a response na!
Re: My Funny Interview Experience by tstx(m): 8:59pm On Apr 13, 2017
funny indeed
Re: My Funny Interview Experience by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
joseph1832:
Why did you graduate with 3rd class?

Spent more time with girls than I did on books. sad

10 Likes

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by Tazdroid(m): 10:42pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nice piece. Congrats on your job.

but in the beginning, you said you were sitting at "the entrance of your apartment" enjoying the fresh air. Were you waiting for NEPA to bring light or did you spray insecticide and you were waiting for the mosquitoes to expire?

14 Likes

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by joseph1832(m): 3:41am On Apr 14, 2017
LastMumu:

Spent more time with girls than I did on books. sad
I figured.

2 Likes

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by duduade: 6:15am On Apr 14, 2017
ilevic:

No mind am... Everyone dey advice... Ant too dey advice.... Mscheeeew

1 Like

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by nmreports: 7:31am On Apr 14, 2017
Very funny.

How To Act At Job Interviews:
http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/09/how-to-act-during-job-interviews.html?m=1

Its not by being serious-faced etc.
Who complains at interviews when you are the one looking for job?.

He feels he is entitled to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by Justuceleague2: 7:31am On Apr 14, 2017
This is novel and comedy not real
Re: My Funny Interview Experience by Drazeen(m): 7:32am On Apr 14, 2017
Re: My Funny Interview Experience by SHOPPERS(m): 7:34am On Apr 14, 2017
Seems jobs are coming in these days..
Re: My Funny Interview Experience by oluwalfa: 7:35am On Apr 14, 2017
zoo people
Re: My Funny Interview Experience by zicoraads: 7:35am On Apr 14, 2017
If you graduate with third class, it means you were never serious while in school. As for your friend, I have seen a lot of science graduates who have that attitude about them. Nothing new there.
Re: My Funny Interview Experience by zicoraads: 7:36am On Apr 14, 2017
SHOPPERS:
Seems jobs are coming in these days... Just got one too
Congrats cool

2 Likes

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by princefunmmy(m): 7:40am On Apr 14, 2017
The guy needs a life...
Re: My Funny Interview Experience by AlphaStyles(m): 7:41am On Apr 14, 2017
grin

Re: My Funny Interview Experience by Sharon6(f): 7:45am On Apr 14, 2017
Hahahahahahahahaaaaahaha

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get The Dream Lecturing Job: What No One Told You / Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions) / Orezone!? Gold Quest!?: The Sinister Plot Of Qnet. Job Scam In Burkina Faso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.