Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Why Did The Media Fight MMM But Promote BBN? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Did The Media Fight MMM But Promote BBN? (304 Views)

Social Media Fight: Cynthia Morgan Unfollow Davido And Deletes Her IG Posts. / Why Did Davido Call Mercy Johnson And Her Husband 'wicked, Evil People'? / Mandy And Sophia, Davido's Babymamas Debunk Rumour Of Social Media Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Did The Media Fight MMM But Promote BBN? by OkpekeBeauty: 2:43pm On Apr 13, 2017
I was so happy when I saw the way the Nigeria media fought MMM. I was happy because I felt our sense of morality is coming back. 'Very soon' I said to myself 'this get-rich-quick-syndrome' will be a thing of the past in my beloved country. The era when lewdness and the crave for materialism is far from over as I was soon to realize not far after. With the introduction of Big Brother Naija, the media was agog with reports of what was going on in the house. The immorality, the lies, taking place in the house is so stupid that one of the participants had to confess she has done things she wouldnt want her daughter to see. Unfortunately she forgot that the internet never forgets. Surprisingly, our celebrities and poltical leaders were back here cheering, tweeting and supporting the show.

Till date nobody has been able to tell us what that event benefited Nigeria, rather economists have been lamenting how much we lost to South Africa where the event was hosted amidst tales of xenophobic attacks against Nigerians. So I want to know, why did the media attack MMM and endorse BBN? Is there a grand agenda we don't know? Could someone or an institution be behind what we swallow or vomit? Or could it be the devil himself working and walking unidentified?

Many say that Efe has been made rich, well the get-rich-quick Nigerians will be quick to believe and be inspired by this folly but any wise successful business man knows that money does not make you rich. 25 million Naira is insignificant in the face of what Mike Tyson made from boxing and declared for bankruptcy few years after. If Nigeria truely wants to be rich, we must promote godly values and teach our youths entrepreneurship by promoting it in cash and in kind. Our Media houses should know that they shape the future and therefore must be careful what they promote
Ka Chineke meziokwu

www.okpeke.com

Re: Why Did The Media Fight MMM But Promote BBN? by rottennaija(m): 4:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
You can as well ask, why did the media fight MMM but not betting companies in Nigeria?

We live in a world where the Rich gets richer. Where companies and giant will pay people already rich and well to do to be their ambassadors, paying them millions just to have their face in the label of their products.

MMM benefited everyone that ever participated. Imagine, 30% of your money, something the banks never did, something cbn never did and will never do. Why wouldn't they fight MMM? People that never expected money were getting money. It scares politicians, business men and banks.

So, why not fight MMM? The Rich are the enemies of the common people. And they control the media

(1) (Reply)

If I Have A Second Chance At My Marriage, I’ll Put God First’ – Teebillz / New Peer To Peer Donation Site Just Launched Today / Toke Makinwa Reveals How Sponsors Of Her Book Tour Pulled Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.