Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,908 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Is It Good To Use 0.30 Gauge Aluminuim Sheet To Roof A Small Bungalow? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Good To Use 0.30 Gauge Aluminuim Sheet To Roof A Small Bungalow? (2980 Views)

Is It Advisable To Roof A House Using Palm Tree Wood? / Please How Much Will It Cost To Roof A One Bedroom Self Contained / Please What Is The Recommended Soak Away Size For A Small Bungalow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good To Use 0.30 Gauge Aluminuim Sheet To Roof A Small Bungalow? by danny34(m): 10:29am On Apr 14, 2017
Hello E-Family,

Is being a while. Hope you are good? Last December i asked about the recommended size for a septic tank/soak away for a 3bedroom, bungalow with a master. I did appreciate the responses i got. The soak is 80% completed.

However, am here because am about roofing the house and am considering my options. This is really low cost as my pocket aint heavy. My roofer advised i can use the minimum gauge in aluminium, that is better than use the short aluminuim called cameroon zinc.

I have made enquiries and found out that 0.30 is around 950 per sqm. PLEASE, IS THIS A GOOD OPTION? IS THERE ANY DISADVANTAGE IN USING IT TO ROOF?

The bungalow is quite high. the foundation is 5 course and the main building is the finishing block is 3 course after lintel. The location is Ibagwa Nike Enugu and is dry land.
PLEASE I NEED YOUR OPINION.

The cameroon zinc (short aluminum zinc that is 15 a bundle) and the long span 0.30 which is better?

THANKS. EXPECTING YOUR SUGGESTIONS. THANKS
Re: Is It Good To Use 0.30 Gauge Aluminuim Sheet To Roof A Small Bungalow? by folmus: 6:10pm On Apr 14, 2017
danny34:
Hello E-Family,

Is being a while. Hope you are good? Last December i asked about the recommended size for a septic tank/soak away for a 3bedroom, bungalow with a master. I did appreciate the responses i got. The soak is 80% completed.

However, am here because am about roofing the house and am considering my options. This is really low cost as my pocket aint heavy. My roofer advised i can use the minimum gauge in aluminium, that is better than use the short aluminuim called cameroon zinc.

I have made enquiries and found out that 0.30 is around 950 per sqm. PLEASE, IS THIS A GOOD OPTION? IS THERE ANY DISADVANTAGE IN USING IT TO ROOF?

The bungalow is quite high. the foundation is 5 course and the main building is the finishing block is 3 course after lintel. The location is Ibagwa Nike Enugu and is dry land.
PLEASE I NEED YOUR OPINION.

The cameroon zinc (short aluminum zinc that is 15 a bundle) and the long span 0.30 which is better?

THANKS. EXPECTING YOUR SUGGESTIONS. THANKS

0.30mm will not be a good option except you plan to change it soon. Too light for a residential. If the Alo zinc or cam Zinc is what you can afford, go for it.

Goodluck
Re: Is It Good To Use 0.30 Gauge Aluminuim Sheet To Roof A Small Bungalow? by danny34(m): 7:48pm On Apr 14, 2017
Thanks @Folmus, I will give thought to it
Re: Is It Good To Use 0.30 Gauge Aluminuim Sheet To Roof A Small Bungalow? by danny34(m): 10:36pm On Apr 14, 2017
Am still waiting for other advice pls
Re: Is It Good To Use 0.30 Gauge Aluminuim Sheet To Roof A Small Bungalow? by danny34(m): 9:34pm On Apr 15, 2017
More professional advice needed pls
Re: Is It Good To Use 0.30 Gauge Aluminuim Sheet To Roof A Small Bungalow? by mamatwiny(f): 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
Congrats on ur ibagwa land. It is not easy to buy a land there and secure it as many land there are in contention.
0.3 guage is too poor for residential. Move it up.
As for the Cameroon zinc , I will advise you to save up money and do aluminum zinc cos in less than one year after you put the Cameroon zinc, you will see your house as outdated and will want to change it. It will amount to double expense as you will be paying again for labour , also, you will be selling ur Cameroon as used zinc. The price gap is much.

Take care
Re: Is It Good To Use 0.30 Gauge Aluminuim Sheet To Roof A Small Bungalow? by danny34(m): 10:29am On Nov 11, 2019
Thanks mamatwiny, i finished the house october 2017 and have moved in since. Infact, due to a project we are implementing in Maiduguri for the next 1 year, am planning to restructure the house. I hope to remove the roof, put pillars and deck. I agree that most lands there are in contention, but it happens mostly when you buy community land. I bought from one of the families. The rate of development in the area now, no be small thing.

mamatwiny:
Congrats on ur ibagwa land. It is not easy to buy a land there and secure it as many land there are in contention.
0.3 guage is too poor for residential. Move it up.
As for the Cameroon zinc , I will advise you to save up money and do aluminum zinc cos in less than one year after you put the Cameroon zinc, you will see your house as outdated and will want to change it. It will amount to double expense as you will be paying again for labour , also, you will be selling ur Cameroon as used zinc. The price gap is much.

Take care
Re: Is It Good To Use 0.30 Gauge Aluminuim Sheet To Roof A Small Bungalow? by mamatwiny(f): 11:00am On Nov 11, 2019
danny34:
Thanks mamatwiny, i finished the house october 2017 and have moved in since. Infact, due to a project we are implementing in Maiduguri for the next 1 year, am planning to restructure the house. I hope to remove the roof, put pillars and deck. I agree that most lands there are in contention, but it happens mostly when you buy community land. I bought from one of the families. The rate of development in the area now, no be small thing.

Congrats on your new project.I wish you safety

Some of my friends that bought ibagwa land lost it but my sis is just lucky. They are building a 2 storey building there and hope to put tenants by DEC as what is remaining isn't up to 500k in cost.

This one you plan to put pillars and deck, are you planning to go up? If yes, hope you factored it in while doing your foundation.
Re: Is It Good To Use 0.30 Gauge Aluminuim Sheet To Roof A Small Bungalow? by danny34(m): 12:07pm On Nov 11, 2019
I didnt factor it in. But i have sampled opinions and i am willing to go on with it. Na money be the issue.

meanwhile find my painting projects in this link https://www.nairaland.com/2621092/need-quality-painting-screeding-building

lets handle the painting aspect. No one beats our touch, our price, our quality

mamatwiny:

Congrats on your new project.I wish you safety

Some of my friends that bought ibagwa land lost it but my sis is just lucky. They are building a 2 storey building there and hope to put tenants by DEC as what is remaining isn't up to 500k in cost.

This one you plan to put pillars and deck, are you planning to go up? If yes, hope you factored it in while doing your foundation.

(1) (Reply)

Dry 745 Square Meters Land For Sale In Isheri North GRA Beside Channel TV / RentBuddies: Rooms to Rent, Room Share, Flatshare in Lagos / Wow,wow..cheap And Massive 3bed Flat @ 500k In Majek,ajah (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.