Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Lessons To Learn From The Passion Of Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lessons To Learn From The Passion Of Christ (790 Views)

My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... / I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion) / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons To Learn From The Passion Of Christ by starchris(m): 9:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
In this short post, I am going to categorize the Christians of today based on the passion of Jesus Christ.
1.Judas Iscariot
Judas as we all know is the one who betrayed Jesus. It is quite unfortunate that we have plenty of Judas in the Church today. They are Christians that goes to church because they are looking for something (wealth, child, life partner, connection, fame etc) they are ready to change church or even Religion to get what they want.
2 Simon Peter.
Peter told Jesus that he is ready to die for him, at first he was bold and courageous and was really ready to die with Jesus when he boldly struck the high priest's servant and cut off his right ear, but he later became weak and faithless that he denied Jesus Three times. It was also shameful that he denied Jesus in front of a little girl. Peter in today's church are those people that are really children of God. They obey the commandments of God, they pay their tithes, they live a holy life but when they face little challenges they seem to divert their faith in God. Mind you as Christians we must face difficulties and challenges, it is a must but our ability to overcome them makes us good Christians.
3 Mary the mother of Jesus and Veronica
I decide to group this two people together because they play the same role. Both of them where with Jesus all through. Veronica even showed us how brave she was by wiping the face of Jesus, she was not afraid of what the soldiers will do to her but she was able to overcome any thing that will stop her from doing what she intended to do. Veronica in today's church are Christians who are ready to give up every thing they have for Christ even if it means giving up their life they will happily to it for Christ. Veronica in today's church are few because just a few people are ready to die for Jesus.
4 The Priest and Elders
They all new that Jesus was the son of God but hatred and wickedness filled their heart that they badly wanted Jesus down to the extent that they wanted Barnabas freed in place of Jesus Christ. In the church today they are Christians that are always praying for the downfall of their neighbor, their neighbour in this case might be their brother, friend, enemies, competitors, business rival or even their religious leader, many people are always looking for ways to bring their religious leaders(priest or pastor) down for saying or believing in the truth.

I will like to ask anybody reading this post to figure out where he/she falls in and try to make amendments

(1) (Reply)

Some Self-proclaimed Pastors Use Diabolical Means On The Congregation. / That Moment When Jesus Christ Shows Up In Ikorodu / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/09/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.