Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Sataric Nicknames And Their Origins - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Sataric Nicknames And Their Origins (899 Views)

Funny Nicknames Of Famous Nigerian Footballers / Share Your Nicknames (a.k.a) And Why The Name Is Given!! / Nicknames Instrumentalist Give Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sataric Nicknames And Their Origins by Boyooosa(m): 5:03pm On Apr 15, 2017
When we are growing up, at one point or the other, we usually inherit one nickname or the other, this got me inquisitive this morning when I was thinking of one of my nicknames (so funny), ASHIPA! What actually got me curious (to trace the origin) was the fact that I traced all my names in life (acquired, merited or original) and noticed that non can be affiliated/associated to this hilarious name ‘ASHIPA’ (Yoruba inclined people will understand that better, am sorry for being bigotry, after all that’s my origin).
ASHIPA literally is a name of a town in Yoruba land, Osun state precisely (or probably a chieftain title in Owu, Ogun State) but what made the name sounds funny can be traced to a character in one drama/fairy-tale back than in the 70s/80s. The man was an active and funny chief according to the story line.
Don’t let me bore you, how I got that name is quite amusing: One small girl back then actually imposed this name on me as a reaction to her mother’s way of cheering me up from my real name ‘Adebayo’. Anytime the woman sees/saw me, she was always very excited to carry and eulogize me according to my mum. She would first start with: Ademi Ba Ba! Then Ade Ba Ba! Then Ade PaN PaN! As if I was a Honk in a car. According to my mum, Jumoke, the woman’s daughter was always amused with the name too and got excited the way her mum used to sing sonorously with the name, ‘Ade Mi Ba Ba’, that was ME o while being in her mother’s hand grin.
Out of her uncontrollable excitement even while she, the daughter would be on the floor crawling (just imagining), she would just start spoiling my revered name and would be addressing me as ‘ASHI PAN PA!’ in an effort to just mimic her mum. Probably learning how to talk (frown) then. Me too will be smiling and be responding to the two unofficial names, I didn’t know that I was getting a nickname that will last forever like Hausa made perfume cheesy.
Anyway, such things are meant for fun in life. RECEIVE all the blessings in this festive period as you share your own funniest nickname too and the origin. Gracia!

(1) (Reply)

Man Narrates A Scary Experience After Sleeping Off At His Girlfriend’s Hostel / Breaking News 9ja Memes Now!! / Solve This Riddles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.