Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Omo Elu Iju Akure-North - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Omo Elu Iju Akure-North (35231 Views)

My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) / Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station / This Is Iju Train Station, Agege, Lagos! (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by OmoNwa: 1:52am On Apr 30, 2017
princecool29:

Ok. I graduated 2012
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by tolzy90(m): 3:02am On Apr 30, 2017
rexericx:
Things you should know about Iju Town
As we Tour Iju.There is no doubt that Iju land is rich and blessed with culture and tradition, therefore, it's imperative to keep ourselves abreast with the history of the land.

Proudly Omo Iju

We are Iju people from Ondo state

Omo Iju

This forum is to allow the natives of Iju town, Akure North LGA, Ondo State, Nigeria meet and share Ideas and information together on this platform to develop our mind by sharing educative and productive post /comments on this platform to make a positive change in our lives and community.

Aim and Objectives:
• To build a strong network and promote better relationship among ourselves.

• To promote peace and unity among the Iju indigenes.

• To help/promote our skills, talents and gift.

• To promote better image of Iju worldwide.

• Create awareness about our community and live together peacefully with our neighbours

I.P.U /worldwide /PROUDLYomoIJU

https://m.facebook.com/PROUDLYomoIJU/
i'm from Iju and it's so nice reading your piece.

1 Like

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 30, 2017
ekensi01:
Are all those aims and objectives active? please tell us lies that what is never going to work.
don't mind them just a stubborn small town, there is nothing there. I live in Akure, so i know the town very well.
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by ekensi01: 1:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
dancok:
don't mind them just a stubborn small town, there is nothing there. I live in Akure, so i know the town very well.
sure, everywhere in our country is just covered with lies.
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Fowobi84: 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
dancok:

What make them stubborn? And what do you mean there is nothing there? I wonder why your blood is hot towards them. It is not by force to comment.
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Fowobi84: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2017
dancok:

What make them stubborn? And what do you mean by there is nothing there? I wonder why your blood is hot towards them. It is not by force to comment.
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Xcelinteriors(f): 5:48pm On Apr 30, 2017
OmoNwa:

Omo OOCIA which year did you graduate?

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Toluobaeko11: 8:51pm On Apr 30, 2017
dancok:

And we're damn really proud of our "stubborn small town". *I BLODDY REP UJU, ULU ABA ATEYE MI*

1 Like

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Toluobaeko11: 8:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
ABEG! WHO GET IYAN AND OBE ISHAPA THERE?

2 Likes

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by rexericx(m): 9:07pm On Apr 30, 2017
Toluobaeko11:
ABEG! WHO GET IYAN AND OBE ISHAPA THERE?

They just fed me Iyan now bro
We enjoyed our stay
We will be leaving Iju tomorrow
Hoping to come back soonest

More story on Facebook page for all d[color=#006600][/color] great Omo Elu Iju

https://m.facebook.com/PROUDLYomoIJU/?ref=bookmarks

https://www.nairaland.com/3743663/omo-iju-akure#55596414

My team @PROUDLYomoIJU

1 Share

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by OmoNwa: 2:23am On May 01, 2017
Xcelinteriors:

Founder niyen... I graduated 2002. Guessed you are first set
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Xcelinteriors(f): 7:18am On May 01, 2017
OmoNwa:

Founder niyen... I graduated 2002. Guessed you are first set
No o. Though I started when the school was in college road and the uniform was light brown and white check shirt. I didn't go to their secondary,instead I went to baba majasan school.
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by btsnm(m): 7:23am On Jun 04, 2017
Xcelinteriors:

No o. Though I started when the school was in college road and the uniform was light brown and white check shirt. I didn't go to their secondary,instead I went to baba majasan school.

I graduated from Ola Oluwa Pry in 1997, the set of Odunayo Ojo who later graduated from the college in 2003. So if you left the pry schl in 1998 then we might as well know each other. Uncle Taiwo and his wife Aunty Dupe were my best teachers in the pry.
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Xcelinteriors(f): 8:37am On Jun 04, 2017
btsnm:

I graduated from Ola Oluwa Pry in 1997, the set of Odunayo Ojo who later graduated from the college in 2003. So if you left the pry schl in 1998 then we might as well know each other. Uncle Taiwo and his wife Aunty Dupe were my best teachers in the pry.
you mean that fair aunty dupe was uncle Taiwo'wife? Waow shocked. What is your name
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by btsnm(m): 8:44am On Jun 04, 2017
Xcelinteriors:

you mean that fair aunty dupe was uncle Taiwo'wife? Waow shocked. What is your name

I am not talking about the fair Dupe Borisade but another dark lady. For my name we can have a private chat.
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Xcelinteriors(f): 9:26am On Jun 04, 2017
btsnm:

I am not talking about the fair Dupe Borisade but another dark lady. For my name we can have a private chat.
ok
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by rexericx(m): 10:03pm On Jun 19, 2018
I miss Iju town

Akure North

Ondo state

Who has bin there recently

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by ADEGUNWA01: 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
lx3as:

There is nothing separates Ondo people from other Yorubas. Akure North, Akure South and Ifedore are purely Ekitis except they want to calve new identity for themselves, they're central Yorubas just as Ekitis, Ifes, Ijesas, and Igbominas. While Akokos, Owos, Ondos, Ilaje, Ikales, Ijebus,etc are eastern/southern Yorubas.
They have nothing to do with Igbos. Whatever similarities Igbos seem to have with these people were gotten from Igala, Bini and other isolated Yorubas like Olukumi, Oba, etc

Mr man Akure is not and wasn't part of ekiti. Akure is purely Akure, of course akure share common boundaries with Ekiti just like Akure share boundary with Ijesha, Benin, Ondo, Owo, idrannre. We have ijesa akure ppl, we have ekiti akure pll, we have Ado(benin) ppl. Akure is akure and Akure is the gate way for Benin ppl into Ekiti. At least u will not know akure history than some of us who are prince of akure the Deji Deji Dynasty. The british made a big error into putting akure in Ekiti division in 1914 but they also corrected themselves in 1946 by removing akure from ekiti. Akure is Akure
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by Xcelinteriors(f): 8:27am On Apr 24, 2023
rexericx:
I miss Iju town

Akure North

Ondo state

Who has bin there recently
You can follow 'omo iju television' on Facebook
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by lx3as(m): 4:17pm On May 22, 2023
ADEGUNWA01:

Mr man Akure is not and wasn't part of ekiti. Akure is purely Akure, of course akure share common boundaries with Ekiti just like Akure share boundary with Ijesha, Benin, Ondo, Owo, idrannre. We have ijesa akure ppl, we have ekiti akure pll, we have Ado(benin) ppl. Akure is akure and Akure is the gate way for Benin ppl into Ekiti. At least u will not know akure history than some of us who are prince of akure the Deji Deji Dynasty. The british made a big error into putting akure in Ekiti division in 1914 but they also corrected themselves in 1946 by removing akure from ekiti. Akure is Akure
Mr man you have a lot to learn about your history... Notwithstanding, Akure was recently carving an identity for itself which I understand. It doesn't change history. Why was Deji part of Ekiti Pelupelu or why do Ondo Ekimogun history shows that they only share boundary with Ekiti and Akoko? Tell me the differences in their culture, dialects, food and markets.

In the classification of Yoruba groups, there was nothing like 'Akure' as Yoruba group until recently.
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by ADEGUNWA01: 9:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
lx3as:
Mr man you have a lot to learn about your history... Notwithstanding, Akure was recently carving an identity for itself which I understand. It doesn't change history. Why was Deji part of Ekiti Pelupelu or why do Ondo Ekimogun history shows that they only share boundary with Ekiti and Akoko? Tell me the differences in their culture, dialects, food and markets.

In the classification of Yoruba groups, there was nothing like 'Akure' as Yoruba group until recently.

I don't know whre u got ur own history and there was no time in Ondo Ekimogun map orshows it share boundary with Ekiti NO, Osemawe says he share boundary with Deji at omi Owena and the same omi Owena is the boundary btw Deji and Owa obokun Adimula ijesha and Osemawe of Ondo so I don't know who told u akure is ekiti, go and read pa Atandare iwe Itan akure ati agbegbe re. The British merged akure with ekiti for administrative convenience not history and in 1946 when the British realized the mistake they separated akure from ekiti and apologise for the error merging akure with Ekiti. Otun Moba ekiti was once under the ilorin Emirate can we say Otun is now ilorin. Most of u don't even know akure history jsut say things u aren't expose to with all confidence and all na lies and fear says. The Deji hardly attend pelupelu meeting go back to ur history the Deji only attend twice. Wen the prince of Wales later king Edward came to nigeria in 1925 the Deji represent akure division not Ekiti oba and the first yoruba oba meeting in 1937 the Deji wasn't addressed as ekiti oba. So I don't know whr u are getting this nonsense from. The Deji was the highest paid Oba inthe whole old ondo province(onod and ekiti states) of today. The Deji was more paid than Osemawe, olowo, Ewi, elekole who were the snr obas on the old ondo province ofthen. Wo I'm a prince of akure who know history so u cant tell me about my own ppl and Kingdom
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by ADEGUNWA01: 9:22pm On Jul 22, 2023
lx3as:

Obviously u are olodo saying ondo Ekimogun share boundary with Akoko who taught u that nonsense,when akoko was under Owo division, the Osemawe cant even say such nonetity talk, the boundary of Osemawe ondo, is with Deji akure, owa obokun Adimula ijesha, ooni and ikale/ilaje ppl and part of Ijebu. U don't know anything eyah go read more about akure, ondo, owo, ekiti ✌🏼
Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by lx3as(m): 5:21pm On Aug 08, 2023
ADEGUNWA01:

Obviously u are olodo saying ondo Ekimogun share boundary with Akoko who taught u that nonsense,when akoko was under Owo division, the Osemawe cant even say such nonetity talk, the boundary of Osemawe ondo, is with Deji akure, owa obokun Adimula ijesha, ooni and ikale/ilaje ppl and part of Ijebu. U don't know anything eyah go read more about akure, ondo, owo, ekiti ✌🏼
You must still be in the secondary school; my bad not being aware earlier. Get education first before coming online to disgrace yourself. Ire o!

This is the map of Yoruba tribes; nothing like Akure.

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by lx3as(m): 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2023
ADEGUNWA01:

I don't know whre u got ur own history and there was no time in Ondo Ekimogun map orshows it share boundary with Ekiti NO, Osemawe says he share boundary with Deji at omi Owena and the same omi Owena is the boundary btw Deji and Owa obokun Adimula ijesha and Osemawe of Ondo so I don't know who told u akure is ekiti, go and read pa Atandare iwe Itan akure ati agbegbe re. The British merged akure with ekiti for administrative convenience not history and in 1946 when the British realized the mistake they separated akure from ekiti and apologise for the error merging akure with Ekiti. Otun Moba ekiti was once under the ilorin Emirate can we say Otun is now ilorin. Most of u don't even know akure history jsut say things u aren't expose to with all confidence and all na lies and fear says. The Deji hardly attend pelupelu meeting go back to ur history the Deji only attend twice. Wen the prince of Wales later king Edward came to nigeria in 1925 the Deji represent akure division not Ekiti oba and the first yoruba oba meeting in 1937 the Deji wasn't addressed as ekiti oba. So I don't know whr u are getting this nonsense from. The Deji was the highest paid Oba inthe whole old ondo province(onod and ekiti states) of today. The Deji was more paid than Osemawe, olowo, Ewi, elekole who were the snr obas on the old ondo province ofthen. Wo I'm a prince of akure who know history so u cant tell me about my own ppl and Kingdom
Very unfortunate a so called prince knows nothing about Akure history but recent emotions for Akure to stand separate. Akure as part of Ekiti confederation shares boundary with Ondo Ekimogun. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? Most of those Ekiti towns in Kwara are not also putting Ekiti behind their names but they still accept themselves being Ekitis.

Re: Omo Elu Iju Akure-North by ADEGUNWA01: 2:09am On Dec 29, 2023
lx3as:
Very unfortunate a so called prince knows nothing about Akure history but recent emotions for Akure to stand separate. Akure as part of Ekiti confederation shares boundary with Ondo Ekimogun. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? Most of those Ekiti towns in Kwara are not also putting Ekiti behind their names but they still accept themselves being Ekitis.

I believe you know akure more than akure, akure was only part of ekiti division because of administrative purposes that was why the British merged akure with ekiti nothing else, we don't share any thing with ekiti except for the son of the Deji that left akure to become Ogoga of ikere ekiti nothing else. The Deji has always being superior to Ekiti obas obviously u are naive and u know nothing about us oga Ade. I will not share akure historical archives with u cos u don't know nothing and obviously u cant know nothing. Showing wikipedia map shows u are too naive to know wikipedia that any idi*t can update. Come to the Deji's palace we will give u books fact books to read. Go to Ondo, ijesa and Benin they will tell u they only share boundaries with akure from time immemorial not ekiti, akure is gateway for Benin ppl into Ekiti hinterland and ijesa. Wo I can't return myself educating a nobody about our history. Kwara Ekiti accpet themselves as ekiti and they still form demslfs ektit kwara but in akure we have never been akure Ekiti be not even when we were in Ekiti division did any letter address akure as Ekiti it only bears Akure, Ekiti division I hope u can see the coma not like Ado ekiti u join together. The whole of Akure Kingdom is way better than ur Ondo Ekimogun u can Osemawe the second Oba following Deji at the back. When akure tlak ondo listen. Those are the obas representing the each divisions in the old Western region house of chiefs at Ibadan the 12 most snr obas u can see the Deji is representing akure division not ekiti, Ewi of Ado is representing Ekiti division so pls open ur eyes and stop forcing ur stupid history on akure ppl we aren't ekiti and Ekiti is not akure simple, we are two different sub ethnic groups in yorubaland like ijebu,ijesa,egba,owo,Ondo so as akure is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flood Takes Over Ngwa Road, Aba In Abia State (Photos) / The Sorry State Of Benin-lagoss Expressway (photos) / Toyota Sienna Crashes Into A Bush In Delta, Many Injured (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.