Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,314 members, 7,836,362 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Did Jesus Christ Ever Sleep ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Christ Ever Sleep ? (884 Views)

My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... / Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Christ Ever Sleep ? by EYIBLESSN(m): 11:30pm On Apr 15, 2017
Hello NAIRALANDERS !

I am an ardent reader of diverse books across subject. I involved myself in Research work across so many fields.

I have a very powerful question to ask from intellects and gurus.
Was it ever mentioned in the Bible that Jesus Christ during his time that he for once sleep while carrying out his father's work?
Did he sleep while doing the father's work ?

I need your candid opinions.

I am a Moralist
Re: Did Jesus Christ Ever Sleep ? by zico530(m): 11:38pm On Apr 15, 2017
Take my email address and i will send you enough Bible references to tell you that he did sleep.
Re: Did Jesus Christ Ever Sleep ? by orisa37: 6:25am On Apr 16, 2017
Jesus came as The Son of Man and enjoyed and suffered every experience as a son of man. He slept and ate as humans.
Re: Did Jesus Christ Ever Sleep ? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
EYIBLESSN:
Hello NAIRALANDERS !

I am an ardent reader of diverse books across subject. I involved myself in Research work across so many fields.

I have a very powerful question to ask from intellects and gurus.
Was it ever mentioned in the Bible that Jesus Christ during his time that he for once sleep while carrying out his father's work?
Did he sleep while doing the father's work ?

I need your candid opinions.

I am a Moralist

Hello EYIBLESSN. I'll answer you, but whatever purpose or reason you asked, God'll judge you for it cheesy . Just go through the verses and see for yourself.

Matthew 8:23-27 King James Version (KJV)
And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples
followed him.
And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea,
insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but
he was asleep.
And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying,
Lord, save us: we perish.
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of
little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the
sea; and there was a great calm.
But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man
is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

King James Version (KJV)
Re: Did Jesus Christ Ever Sleep ? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
Did Jesus ever sleep? What kind of a question is that.. Have you seen any human being that doesn't sleep. Yeah He does but worked hard in doing His Father's, Our Father's business.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Migrants Mock Christian English Man / Who Killed Jesus? / Exclusive Pictures From Tim Godfrey Fearless Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.