Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. (5607 Views)

Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) / 5 Good Things And Bad Things About Nigerian People / Just To Say I Love You Nigerian People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by CILondon: 12:08am On Jan 02, 2010
Just to let you know, Bimbola has just done an article on my website about 5 Good and Bad things about Nigerian people. Read it if you want to smile and have steam coming out of your ears at the same time - although I personally feel that her article is well balanced, you may not agree with me. My website url is in the signature below.

Thank you
CILondon
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by CILondon: 12:36am On Jan 02, 2010
Those are 2 different articles - are they written by the same author?
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by Gabry(f): 1:19am On Jan 02, 2010
1) So not punctual

2) Too loud as if they are going to fight

3) When people invited them to a party and only them, they would bring a whole football tema with them

4) Not adventerous to try other food from other countries even though they have left their country

5) Drink too much and sleeps too much with various people

Im not referring to all but. . , lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by chiogo(f): 3:42am On Jan 02, 2010
Gabry:

1) So not punctual

2) Too loud as if they are going to fight

3) When people invited them to a party and only them, they would bring a whole football tema with them

4) Not adventerous to try other food from other countries even though they have left their country

5) Drink too much and sleeps too much with various people

Im not referring to all but. . , lipsrsealed
Hmm, interesting.
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by Nobody: 3:45am On Jan 02, 2010
Very interesting. . . .
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by Gabry(f): 3:58am On Jan 02, 2010
ojuobo:

I picked up something. I"ll relate this to 9ja girls in the U, ? fill the rest by urself.

TOO BRAGGY ABOUT YOUR DEGREE. Yeah, yeah, Congratulations on your degree graduation in Social Policy and Theatre Studies – whatever that means – but do you have to brag on and on about it, and on and on and on….?
Give it a rest, even Einstein never boasted that much, and he actually achieved something meaningful in the world of academics.

I thought that is more for the Indian people shocked shocked shocked
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by sjeezy8: 3:59am On Jan 02, 2010
chiogo:

Hmm, interesting.

FL Gators:

Very interesting. . . .

Triple interesting  . . . .
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by rockzy(f): 4:36am On Jan 02, 2010
undecided undecided undecided
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by chopmonee: 6:27am On Jan 02, 2010
Good post, remember that critics are doing you good, this will help the Ladies to know themselves better, what about we the men, let hear the house, we got to be cultured, change the way we think, even in churches, if you don't have Jeep to show off, you are a sinner, their mentality is so low, no anointing to deliver the people, the anointing they crave for is Jeep anointing, let us change the way we think,

The order day I went out with a friend to interview some folks looking for jobs, one guy came with a fantastic cv, having worked in various establishments and a graduate for for that matter, I was thinking to my self that cant this guy with his brilliant idea think of something he can do for himself, instead of begging to apply here and there?

Please let share our views to deliver our selves, a country where people thinks that essential commodity is food instead of ideas, and to embezzle, we have to, start somewhere, this is our country, we have all it takes, the girls too should wise up and not feel too lousyand think cheep some of them girls for giving a good Mr Big treat, will just open and,
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by lovemoi2(f): 6:45am On Jan 02, 2010
ojuobo:

I picked up something. I"ll relate this to 9ja girls in the U, ? fill the rest by urself.

BAD ATTITUDE, TOO AGGRESSIVE AND ARGUMENTATIVE. Why would any man want you when he can have a White or Asian woman, and instantly cut his drama in half? Until black women learn to be less belligerent and argumentative, the only wedding she will be in, is the one where she’s hired to do the catering. No man in his right mind would ever want to marry a woman that has attitude. There is nothing more beautiful and heart warming than a beautiful personality. A black woman with a beautiful humble personality, kind heart and even average good looks will not be a single woman for too long.

TOO BRAGGY ABOUT YOUR DEGREE. Yeah, yeah, Congratulations on your degree graduation in Social Policy and Theatre Studies – whatever that means – but do you have to brag on and on about it, and on and on and on….?
Give it a rest, even Einstein never boasted that much, and he actually achieved something meaningful in the world of academics.

i wonder where all these remorse come from, and what is really the big deal about having an asian or white girlfriend, that some of some NL men always like to rub on the average naija girl face

all the things you talked about, i see them in the races u just mentioned everyday, and even worse
is just that the world is too hard on black women and actually the black race in general
try to make a point with maturity
but its weird cos on NL, the nigerian black men, think they have no problem
the world also see u a black man, as aggressive, a thief and even worse for a nigerian man 419
but u dont see NL girls saying anything
you guys need to grow up, only preschoolers fight against genders
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by CILondon: 5:55pm On Jan 02, 2010
I do think that Bimbloa has a valid point she mentioned about Nigerian materialism - if you have money and wealth, every one will treat you like a king in Nigeria - it doesn't matter if you got the money by drug traffiking, 419, embezzelment, whatever - no one will care and you will be given a place in high society in Nigeria.
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by CILondon: 8:15pm On Jan 02, 2010
I though Bimbola's article was fair and balanced giving the good and the bad points unlike the articles of Kate Ukezue and Liz Nwankwo which were very one sided and highly critical of Nigerians.
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by CILondon: 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2010
We as Nigerians have got to start doing something to improve our reputation in the eyes of the world. The way the rest of the world views us is not good at all.
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by CILondon: 3:51am On Jan 06, 2010
what do you think
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by chiogo(f): 3:58am On Jan 06, 2010
Why should we care? grin Ok seriously, I think it needs to start by working on your individual self.

But there will always be stereotypes.
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by CILondon: 10:03pm On Jan 11, 2010
CILondon:

We as Nigerians have got to start doing something to improve our reputation in the eyes of the world. The way the rest of the world views us is not good at all.

esp now after the bomb on plane fiasco
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by CILondon: 1:27am On Jan 13, 2010
chiogo:

Why should we care? grin Ok seriously, I think it needs to start by working on your individual self.

But there will always be stereotypes.

Why should we care? Why should we care? Nigeria has just been put on the terror list and all Nigerians are going to be put through wahala and pure headache at the arrival desk of every aiport in the world because of the actions of 1 silly 23 yrd old boy - and you're asking me why should we care?

No, Its not just about individual self - as you can see from the events of the last few weeks, other people's actions affect your life!
Re: 5 Good And Bad Things About Nigerian People. by DAVE5(m): 8:22am On Jan 22, 2010
@poster i went thru the site nd did not find the link -5 good and bad things about naija pple but 4rm what i saw i think we dig our graves our hands eg all i saw was black this black that white women black women men this women that then later we'll say the whites are being racists mean while we race against ourselves by ourselves.but pls be kind to draft ur points down to nl and not redirecting my browser

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians & Foreign Accents / Would You Want To Be Born Again As A Nigerian? / BUSSA: Igbo-barbadian Warrior And Freedom Fighter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.