Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,729 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively (14083 Views)

How To Stop Whatsapp From Eating Your Smartphone Storage / Don't Delete Your Important Files Because Of Low Storage Space, Try This.. / See The Top 8 Android Smartphones With Massive Storage Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by smartty68(m): 8:25am On Apr 17, 2017
Mikylopez:
mehn my Samsung and l.g frustrated me then cos of the low storage space twas always hanging couldn't download couldn't install the two phones became useless

Possible cause:
1. Facebook
2. Instagram
3. Twitter
4. 2go - LOL
5. Pictures

Facebook app is RAM/storage eater. Lol
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by DollarAngel(m): 8:25am On Apr 17, 2017
WHAT IF THE CLOUD IS FILLED UP CAN I MOVE IT TO THE SEA?
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by smartty68(m): 8:27am On Apr 17, 2017
DollarAngel:
WHAT IF THE CLOUD IS FILLED UP CAN I MOVE IT TO THE SEA?

Nope!
You'll move it to space
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by seniorkachion(m): 8:31am On Apr 17, 2017
forlahkhe:
Op, thank u 4 ds write-up; it's just 4 me. I lost my techno phone to "memory full" and all of a sudden, it just stop working.....now my samsung s5 is doing d same now even wen d internal memory is 16g and memory card too is 16gig. I just bought a 32gig memory card bt after inserting it on d samsung, d stuffs i av on the fone cannot b moved to d new memory card so its stl saying "memory full" and i dont wana loose my samsung like i lost my techno. My questions are ds:

1. When i want to disable those useless apps that coms wt my fone,apps like fliboard, it tell me my fo e can malfunction is i remove built-in app, ao true is dt?
2. Pls explain more on ao i can back up over d cloud and is there anyway i can delete all those useless back up files?
What general advice do u av 4 me and pls all d gurus in d house shd pls com to my aid o........
ANY1 DT WANTS TO ANS MY QUESTION SHD PLS QUOTE ME.

Apps downloaded from Google Playstore cannot be moved to memory card, but you can move apps downloaded from Palm Play to memory card. So go through palm play to see how many of the apps you got from Google Playstore that are also on Palm play. If see any you should delete from Google and re download it from Palm Play and move to memory card.
Those apps that came with the phone can be disabled without hurting your phone. Ignore the warning. I have disabled Hangouts, Google Chrome and a few others and no problem. You can re enable them when you want.
Always clear the Cache from your phone daily to open up space infa
ct when you want to download an app and your phone tells you not enough space and shows the mb needed all you may need to do is remove accumulated cache from all the apps you have been using.
Move your videos and pictures to memory card. Open thumbnails folder in internal memory and empty it regularly.

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by pxjosh(m): 8:41am On Apr 17, 2017
I honestly don't know why WhatsApp database take up my phone space, but anytime I have memory issues that's the first place I go to. I'd just wipe our the database files and everything still works perfectly fine.

Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 17, 2017
even uninstalling the app is not enough, if the app was sent by xender, you need to go 'files: and delete the app. Or else, it takes a lotta space
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 17, 2017
smartty68:

Possible cause is maybe because the sdcard sitting is bad

Bulls-t. There's nothing wrong with the memory card. What's worse is that tecno can't even give a reasonable explanation for this problem.
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by smartty68(m): 9:49am On Apr 17, 2017
shockwave91:

Bulls-t. There's nothing wrong with the memory card. What's worse is that tecno can't even give a reasonable explanation for this problem.

Then its a factory problem. Request for a replacement if its still within grace period(warranty period)
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by adanny01(m): 10:11am On Apr 17, 2017
How to test a new memory card.

Just gather all the big sized movies you can get and send them to your mcard till it is full and says insufficient space.

Open the movies from the mcard. All the ones that don't play are automatically the space that is not available on the device. Sum them up and subtract from the total mcard size.

For example, if you bought 16gb mcard and transfered 15gb movies into the card, if only 7gb of movies play and the rest becomes corrupt, it means you have a fake 8gb card formatted to display 16gb.

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by Vincente74: 10:45am On Apr 17, 2017
Still don't seem to understand this cache stuff. Someone enlighten me please.
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by Elnino4ladies: 11:34am On Apr 17, 2017
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by smartty68(m): 11:43am On Apr 17, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

Pls help me my whatsapp is not working

I uninstalled the old one and downloaded new one

This is what I have been experiencing trying to install the one

Eliminate the 0(zero) before the 7(ie, 703 and not 0703). It should go through

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by sirusX(m): 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2017
Speedyconnect5:
Mine is that i will have space and it will still show " not enough space " while downloading from playstore.
Your phone's RAM is the wahala

It's not the storage, but how much resources used by your android at that particular period
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2017
grin

Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by Elnino4ladies: 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2017
smartty68:

Eliminate the 0(zero) before the 7(ie, 703 and not 0703). It should go through

Still not working
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by smartty68(m): 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

Still not working
What network are you using?
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by Elnino4ladies: 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2017
smartty68:

What network are you using?

Working now

I mistakenly switched off whatsapp network notification
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by smartty68(m): 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

Working now

I mistakenly switched off whatsapp network notification
Ok

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by mentro: 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2017
mrken003:
how to solve your financial problems.......see details below
Mr Ken are u for real??
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by mentro: 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2017
mrken003:
how to solve your financial problems.......see details below
Mr Ken are u for real?? I don't trust u guys parading this things on Nairaland. If y'all making such amount of money, why sell games again for 10,000 and if d person ask for free games first, you'll say no. I'm smelling scam
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by TheVictorious(m): 7:57pm On Apr 17, 2017
One would think op had a new solution. You just said three things that everybody knows but don't want to do because of stress and cost!
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by sholatheblogger: 8:54am On Apr 18, 2017
visit This Tech Blog In Nigeria for update and tips
Re: 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively by SOMICMACPHERSON: 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2018
Create a Free pCloud Account! Get up to 20 GB Free! Learn More PCLOUD.COM

https://www.teachalearner.com/pcloud-online-storage/

PCloud – The best secure Dropbox, Google drive, OneDrive alternative!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls How Can I Upgrade My Blackberry Bold 2 To Bold 4? / Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? / Pls I Nid Help On How To Download 2go On My E5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.