Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,877 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Nysc Website - Don't We Deserve Better - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nysc Website - Don't We Deserve Better (995 Views)

Do You Need A Website? Don't Miss This Opportunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Website - Don't We Deserve Better by dnative(m): 3:09am On Jan 02, 2010
I was discussing with a friend about recruting corpers for a business venture and I thought to check the NYSC website for helpful info.

http://www.nysc.gov.ng

Considering the yearly budget (most likely running into tens of billions) appropriated by this national agency, this is a national shame (IMHO). The site is nothing short of disorganised chaos and note that thousands of corpers are expected to get crucial information from this website. My perception of usability will definitely be a 'not registered' on a scale of ten. I'm no webmaster and if I was one, I know where I'll be sending my next web makeover proposal.

Damn - someone is definitely taking us for a ride here and might be smiling to the bank as well for such a shoddy job for all we care. And this definitely should be the worst website of 2009
Re: Nysc Website - Don't We Deserve Better by ogzille(m): 5:37am On Jan 02, 2010
My bro, i support you 100%. I support your nomination as the worst (federal) website of 2009
Re: Nysc Website - Don't We Deserve Better by akinbola2: 7:41am On Jan 02, 2010
Guy u have no point,u know dats d way all Nigerian websites lack details.NYSC is even beta,check some banks website like Gtb career page and other orgs and u wil know what am saying.if u re serious 2recruit go 2d NYSC state secretariats or Zones.corpers are not destitutes or beta still go to d web: nigeriancorpersforum.com.
Re: Nysc Website - Don't We Deserve Better by ogzille(m): 9:08am On Jan 02, 2010
Re: Nysc Website - Don't We Deserve Better by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 02, 2010
The NYSC website needs a serious makeover, its rather unfotunate that Government Institutions pay very little attention to their online presence. This is one of the major reason why incorrect information and statistics are publushed by foreigners because they cant find any credible information about Nigeria online.

ThereĀ  are a number of times when i need to look for some information online, its really heart wrenching that it take forever for me to find anything about Nigeria online (except on Nairaland).

If you know someone @ NYSC, tell them to hire me for a makeover.
Re: Nysc Website - Don't We Deserve Better by yawatide(f): 12:16pm On Jan 02, 2010
Far be it from me to say, "it's bad, but", but as akinbola has said, this one even better sef (again, not to give it kudos as it SUCKS big time). For instance, the only evidence of "flash skills or what I will call lack of good knowledge of usability grin)" by the "webmaster" is the "check email" icon that has been shaking (and is still shaking) since I visited the site. I wonder if the "webmaster" realizes that by having that thing shake, my attention is on that and that alone, as opposed to looking at the text in red saying something about 2010. In other words, am I to check email upon first visiting on the site? Is it the only thing worth doing on the site? Is the site so bad, even by the "webmaster"'s confession that he doesn't want us to notice that and hence make us get hypnotized by the "check email" icon?

I don't know where to start when it comes to education: the client or the "webmaster". This is why i have said, and will continue to say, that the first web conference should have as it's first topic for discussion/presentation, "getting back to the basics". There is no need talking about building the next facebook if we can't even code a site that validates.
Re: Nysc Website - Don't We Deserve Better by dnative(m): 12:51pm On Jan 02, 2010
akinbola2:

Guy u have no point,u know dats d way all Nigerian websites lack details.NYSC is even beta,check some banks website like Gtb career page and other orgs and u wil know what am saying.if u re serious 2recruit go 2d NYSC state secretariats or Zones.corpers are not destitutes or beta still go to d web: nigeriancorpersforum.com.

I doubt if you can genuinely make such a generalising claim! Why should mediocrity be accepted because 'that's the norm' or "the rule rather than an exception"? The fact that I'm trying to recruit corpers is really besides the point and my emphasis is the website itself and how a national govt agency can accept this as ok.

GTBank career website might not be all that in your opinion but can the NYSC website compare at all in any respect?

(1) (Reply)

Win Free Website And Hosting! (5gb - 20gb/month; Cpanel With Softaculous) / Chrome Hacker Wins $60,000 For Finding 'full' Exploit / Reliable Web Host For 2500 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.