Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN (9189 Views)

Happy Good Friday! Best Easter Meme. / Share Your Best Easter Quotation / Dates For Easter In The Past And Coming 20 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by KingsleyMalcolm: 11:55am On Apr 17, 2017
donmalcolm21:
The Chairman of the Borno State chapter of the association, Bishop Mohammed Naga, said it was Borno State’s first Easter in a peaceful atmosphere in nearly a decad

A Christian bearing Mohammed?

All these northern christians that always act confused

Kingsley, what about Apostle Sulaiman?

1 Like

Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by Evergreen4(m): 11:57am On Apr 17, 2017
Princess4ng:

Lol... No mind this skin oo.. It can deceive o... Na kpako skin ooo
hehehe, what i'm seeing on ur profile is not close ti kpako. If urs is kpako wetin my own come be
Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by Smooyis(m): 11:59am On Apr 17, 2017
I rejoice with the borno state citizens both Christians and Muslims. I thank God for the restoration of peace in that area. Glory be to God.
Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2017
hakanai:
This is our best Easter in nearly a decade – Borno CAN
By Olatunji Omirin, Maiduguri | Publish Date: Apr 17 2017 2:00AM

This is our best Easter in nearly a decade – Borno CAN
Parishioners of Sacred Heart Catholic Church Gwagwalada during the Service of the Light Easter Vigil on Saturday night.

The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) yesterday praised the efforts of the military for decimating Boko Haram insurgents so much Christians can celebrate Easter in Borno State without curfews and barricades.

The Chairman of the Borno State chapter of the association, Bishop Mohammed Naga, said it was Borno State’s first Easter in a peaceful atmosphere in nearly a decade.

Naga stated in a message during the NAF Day 2017 Celebration on the theme, ‘Consolidating Air Power Gains For Enduring Peace and Development,’ in Maiduguri yesterday, that the Christian community was grateful to God and the military for successfully fighting the ‘enemies of this country.’

He said: “It is the most peaceful Easter celebration we have had for the previous years. Since 2009, this year’s Easter is the most peaceful. Sometimes we celebrated Easter indoors, no vehicular movements, no visitations of friends. Honestly, we want to thank God and the military.”

The Commander 105 Composite Group of NAF Maiduguri, Air Commodore Charles Ohwo assured residents and troops that the fight against insurgency was almost done. “Now, we are in the last phase of fight against the menace of Boko Haram. We want to reassure that we are willing, able and ready as a service to live up to details of operations,” Ohwo said.

They are not ashamed to celebrate a pagan festival.

1 Like

Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by Princess4ng(f): 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2017
Evergreen4:
hehehe, what i'm seeing on ur profile is not close ti kpako. If urs is kpako wetin my own come be

Lol... On ur own o
Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by fabre4: 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2017
bakila:

Bad belle people see one of una.
Oga why e dey pain you say I dey hail buhari
Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by 4Face2face(m): 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2017
So does he mean that Borno State is now terrorist-free?
Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by salam1(m): 4:41pm On Apr 17, 2017
[quote author=BrutalJab post=55638853]Nonsense.

Who are the Boko Harams

Aren't they Northerners?

They brought the calamity upon themselves. [/quote c pot calling kettle black
Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by guychidile: 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2017
thanks be to God oo.,may it continue like this.
Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by aminu790(m): 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2017
gberra:
Watch & see as Igbos run towards the Lagoon...

Igbos always suffer angry

Ipob is nothing but fool's errand. All their hopes brutally trimmed by burutai
Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by Abmalcom(m): 5:44pm On Apr 17, 2017
donmalcolm21:
The Chairman of the Borno State chapter of the association, Bishop Mohammed Naga, said it was Borno State’s first Easter in a peaceful atmosphere in nearly a decad

A Christian bearing Mohammed?

All these northern christians that always act confused
You need a bit of History. The ancient northern Nigeria was exposed to Arab through trans-Sahara trade long before the advent of colonization. They could speak, read and write Arabic language. That explains why they gave their children Arabic Names. E.g. Yakubu Gowon, former Nigerian Head of State is a Christian. In Arabic countries where there are few Christian, most of those Christians bear Arabic names.
Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by Evergreen4(m): 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2017
Princess4ng:

Lol... On ur own o
@ least u cab confirm what i'm saying from my dp
Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by Princess4ng(f): 6:35pm On Apr 17, 2017
Evergreen4:
@ least u cab confirm what i'm saying from my dp

Confirm what??
Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by bakila: 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2017
fabre4:
Oga why e dey pain you say I dey hail buhari
Try to hail Buhari again.
Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by Danialuone: 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2017
Sai Buhari.....change every where. ...wishle blowers everywhere
Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by Evergreen4(m): 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2017
Princess4ng:

Confirm what??
if i no be kpako with dirty skin
Re: This Is Our Best Easter In Nearly A Decade – Borno CAN by Princess4ng(f): 12:16am On Apr 18, 2017
Evergreen4:
if i no be kpako with dirty skin

Lol.. Ur skin is more frosh Dan mine abeg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. / Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? / Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.