Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Episodes Of Life (the Coincidence) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Episodes Of Life (the Coincidence) (326 Views)

Coronavirus: Was The WUHAN VIRUS Predicted In This Book Or Was It A Coincidence? / My First Girlfriend - My Life Story (in Episodes) / Life The Way I See It ( Family Drama Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Episodes Of Life (the Coincidence) by phantomayo: 11:26am On Apr 17, 2017
PART 3

Terry felt tension rise within her. She got curious at the same time afraid. She wondered if the favour needed was beyond her.
But somehow she managed to speak trying to hide her fear,
“Yes? Go ahead.."
“I need you to help me keep my households safely at your home if you don't mind?" Vic spoke.
“Do you realise or rather sure of what you are about to do?" Terry asked looking straight in his eyes. “Hii ni Nairobi bana.(this is Nairobi Mr.) And you want to trust me within hours. How sure are you I'm not gonna run away with your staff."
“If at all you were that bad you wouldn't be sounding a warning to me. So please will you?"
Terry agreed but she told him she has to talk to her friend about it first.
They boarded the same bus towards Embakasi area. Since they were neighbours.
“What's the ultimatum..I mean from your sick uncle?"
“Should be out by tomorrow morning"
Terry cursed and bit her lips as she looked out through the window.
They exchanged numbers as every party took way to where they leaved.

Terry narrated her encounter with Vic early that morning following the incidence with the sick-headed lecturer to Jess.
How she had to come back home earlier than expected then bumped into the same guy whom they met earlier and needed her or rather their help.
Jessica did not receive the news too well. Nairobi had its own way of stealing from people and Vic could be of no exception.
She was totally against if but Terry tried to convince her somehow.
“For heaven's sake, the guy is not coming to stay but his stuff would be here temporarily. Besides God will protect us we are doing what He loves most, * helping others *.
In the end Jess agreed. They would go together at Vic's and help with the packing.

Terry called Vic to ask where he stayed. She recorded on a peace of paper.
They walked hurriedly towards Pipeline, an estate directly opposite hers. The two estates were separated by the outering road. It was a highly congested area, very untidy and dumpy.
The shoes they were putting on were not really good for the surrounding...Masai sandals.
That didn't matter now. The issue was to help Vic move.
Terry felt its somehow her responsibility to help this guy.
The two girls were eyeing everyone suspiciously. Kids were running up and down carelessly to show their mischief.
Some young boys and girls were cuddling while others sniffing glue and smoking bhang anyhow.
Terry eyed Jess who seemed scared. She ignored her and moved on.
They finally met Vic. They followed him hastily because it was getting pretty late, especially for the two ladies who were not used to such surroundings.
“People live lives while others survive the same" Jess thought it out loud.
Vic had quite a number of valuable stuff.
A 5*6 sized bed, a TV set, A glass table, some kitchen stuff, gas cooker and a dark brown carpet just to mention a few.
He didn't seem to have a problem with cleanliness.
The single room was well furnished and neatly arranged.
They put everything in place and set off to Terry's.
Vic had talked to a friend who helped in moving the stuff on his cart, commonly known as mkokoteni in Kenya.

Vic looked around at the kind of life the two damsels lived. Damn!! They are in heaven. He thought out. He looked at the wall unit neatly arranged..a big sized TV set, the kind of comfy white leather seats.
I mean everything didn't seem like students owned the apartment. He was rooted by the door glancing admirably here and there.
He was startled by the push he was given by Jess as she carried the luggage in.
He mumbled something which was assumed to be an apology.

When everything was securely placed in the house, Terry looked at him with askance.
Then asked genuinely and with concern, “where are you gonna spend the night?"

Could this be some kind of plan or just a mere coincidence?

"Dogs do not actually prefer bones to meat; it is just that no one ever gives them meat."
Read chapter 4-13 here https://continet-alnews..com.ng/2017/04/episodes-of-life-chapter-4.html?m=0

(1) (Reply)

Win N300,000 For Reviewing Nigerian Entertainment In #thecriticchallenge2017 / Register For An Online Course In Publishing / Literary Blog Writers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.