Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

I Want To Be The First Sug President Of My School, What Are Your Opinions? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Want To Be The First Sug President Of My School, What Are Your Opinions? (2576 Views)

Record Set! A Lady Becomes The First Female Sug President Of FUNAAB! / Is Boarding School Better Than Day School? What Are The Reasons / Uniabuja SUG President “okoye” Suspended For Looting Millions - 9jaflaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be The First Sug President Of My School, What Are Your Opinions? by Jennynenny(f): 4:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
I have always wanted to be a leader wherever I found myself. Starting from my primary school, through secondary school and presently an executive of my faculty. I look forward to climbing higher and breaking glass ceilings while leading others in all aspects that is deemed right. To lead without titles. To correct all wrong deeds of the past and several stereotypes.
I DECIDED TO CONTEST AS A FEMALE ASPIRANT FOR MY SCHOOL SUG( STUDENT UNION GOVERNMENT) WHEN THE TIME COMES.
I told one of my friends about it... a female actually. I was shocked of her reply ' you are never going to win. You are a woman. This is Nigeria, not some western country' To be frank, that discouraged me. Why would she say that? why at all will she think differently of woman that way?
I decided to seek another persons opinion... a male this time around. He kept laughing at it till today. He would always call me "SUG PRESIDENT" grin
I believe that by winning:
It'll set a good role model for the girls, who will then turn around and maybe actually finish school, and a whole a lot.

Besides, according to a study published by Development Dimensions International, companies with the greatest numbers of women in leadership roles perform the best financially, and a recent survey found that female entrepreneurs are more likely to succeed than their male counterparts. This shouldn’t be surprising: We still have to work harder to get the same recognition and pay as men, and are less likely than men to seek positions for which we may be under qualified. As a result, women who secure leadership roles are often significantly more qualified for the job than their male counterparts. On top of that, a recent Pew poll shows that over a third of Americans ( I know...yes... we are in Nigeria) believe female politicians are better than men at working out compromises and being honest and ethical. (Over half said that men and women are equally good at these things).

I am not trying to bring feminism into this... because I know most of you are already spinning in that line of thought. I am only saying; HE CAN... SHE CAN...LEADERSHIP IS NOT BY GENDER. WOMEN AND MEN CAN BE GOOD LEADERS.

DROP YOUR OPINIONS...
Re: I Want To Be The First Sug President Of My School, What Are Your Opinions? by teemanbastos(m): 5:14pm On Apr 17, 2017
Jennynenny:
I have always wanted to be a leader wherever I found myself. Starting from my primary school, through secondary school and presently an executive of my faculty. I look forward to climbing higher and breaking glass ceilings while leading others in all aspects that is deemed right. To lead without titles. To correct all wrong deeds of the past and several stereotypes.
I DECIDED TO CONTEST AS A FEMALE ASPIRANT FOR MY SCHOOL SUG( STUDENT UNION GOVERNMENT) WHEN THE TIME COMES.
I told one of my friends about it... a female actually. I was shocked of her reply ' you are never going to win. You are a woman. This is Nigeria, not some western country' To be frank, that discouraged me. Why would she say that? why at all will she think differently of woman that way?
I decided to seek another persons opinion... a male this time around. He kept laughing at it till today. He would always call me "SUG PRESIDENT" grin
It'll set a good role model for the girls, who will then turn around and maybe actually finish school, and a whole a lot.

Besides, according to a study published by Development Dimensions International, companies with the greatest numbers of women in leadership roles perform the best financially, and a recent survey found that female entrepreneurs are more likely to succeed than their male counterparts. This shouldn’t be surprising: We still have to work harder to get the same recognition and pay as men, and are less likely than men to seek positions for which we may be under qualified. As a result, women who secure leadership roles are often significantly more qualified for the job than their male counterparts. On top of that, a recent Pew poll shows that over a third of Americans ( I know...yes... we are in Nigeria) believe female politicians are better than men at working out compromises and being honest and ethical. (Over half said that men and women are equally good at these things).

I am not trying to bring feminism into this... because I know most of you are already spinning in that line of thought. I am only saying; HE CAN... SHE CAN...LEADERSHIP IS NOT BY GENDER. WOMEN AND MEN CAN BE GOOD LEADERS.

DROP YOUR OPINIONS...
good idea.. But one, leading students the right way and not being a management's stooge.... Then hope you have the funds and you are good to go. All the best
Re: I Want To Be The First Sug President Of My School, What Are Your Opinions? by Justuceleague2: 5:42pm On Apr 17, 2017
Unless you have 6.0 gp and unlimited access to funds, no try am

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be The First Sug President Of My School, What Are Your Opinions? by Jennynenny(f): 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
teemanbastos:
good idea.. But one, leading students the right way and not being a management's stooge.... Then hope you have the funds and you are good to go. All the best

thanks., kiss
Re: I Want To Be The First Sug President Of My School, What Are Your Opinions? by twisteddaNy(m): 8:49pm On Apr 17, 2017
Honestly go for it
Re: I Want To Be The First Sug President Of My School, What Are Your Opinions? by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 9:37pm On Apr 17, 2017
Jennynenny:

DROP YOUR OPINIONS...
Hello Bae,please settle for VP. That's the female lane. This is Nigeria,not Sierra Leone .
Re: I Want To Be The First Sug President Of My School, What Are Your Opinions? by lilmax(m): 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2017
lol.... its better you face facts.... even girls sef no go vote for you grin
Re: I Want To Be The First Sug President Of My School, What Are Your Opinions? by Swizdoe(m): 1:41am On Apr 18, 2017
In Nigeria politics ain't about leadership qualities, abilities and zeal, it's all about your A game i.e if you can play ball with the powers that be.

You being a female is a big disadvantage.. But it can come handy if you are willing to play dirty
Re: I Want To Be The First Sug President Of My School, What Are Your Opinions? by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 18, 2017
Go for it. Yes you can!
Re: I Want To Be The First Sug President Of My School, What Are Your Opinions? by Ichietome: 8:48am On Apr 18, 2017
Jennynenny:

DROP YOUR OPINIONS...
Now am not here to advice you for or against but I just want to point out the fallacy in your assertions.
Women generally have been known to be terrible leaders. Working class citizens who have women as their bosses would testify to this. Men are generally better than women in handling leadership positions. That's why you have few women billionaires and even most of them inherited the wealth - they didn't work for it.
Men here, even women would also testify that women leaders are often times very terrible. This is because they tend to be overly domineering. Their emotional and mental instability............
So now you know

(1) (Reply)

Do You Still Remember Okwuchi:the Only Survival Of The Sosoliso Plane Crash / The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without A Head / ASUU Has Extended Strike To Two Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.