Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,308 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

I Need To Improve My Pronunciation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need To Improve My Pronunciation (590 Views)

How Do I Improve My Spoken English? I Need Your Advice Please!!! / Please How Do I Improve My Grades(cgpa)? / What's The Correct Pronunciation Fork? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Improve My Pronunciation by Loler(f): 8:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
Hello ! Please I need your reply, how can I improve my pronunciation problem and grammar usage .your comment will be appreciated.
Re: I Need To Improve My Pronunciation by generalbush(m): 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2017
It is difficult at first. People will laugh at you like they do to me and most likely, they will accuse you of forming oral...

Attend a good diction school. Watch British movies, American movies and take note of how they pronounce words!!

Eliminate pidgin from your grammar... Then watch how you improve!!

1 Like

Re: I Need To Improve My Pronunciation by ryom(m): 12:24am On Apr 18, 2017
if you have data, lots of free lessons on youtube.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Improve My Pronunciation by Loler(f): 3:15am On Apr 18, 2017
generalbush:
It is difficult at first. People will laugh at you like they do to me and most likely, they will accuse you of forming oral...

Attend a good diction school. Watch British movies, American movies and take note of how they pronounce words!!

Thank you I will try the method
Re: I Need To Improve My Pronunciation by Zi: 3:57am On Apr 18, 2017
generalbush:

This is good except that you have to choose one. Either you choose to acquire British or American pronunciations. They are widely different. Otherwise, you will end up mixing the whole thing and then it becomes obvious you are a "wannabe". Lol

Nigerian English is more inclined to the British pronunciation so when I started this relearning process myself, I choose the British one.
It is gonna be a long way, because it means you may have to relearn almost every word, and their intonation in making sentences. Depending on your interest level, it might take a while.
But in the end, it is quite rewarding wink I'm still learning though. I might have a few more tips if you are Igbo with the typical accent.
Re: I Need To Improve My Pronunciation by Daminovic: 6:50am On Apr 18, 2017
For you to improve the way you speak,I think British accent will be more suitable , am gonna advice you to make use of dictionary.com to learn how pronounce perfectly.
Re: I Need To Improve My Pronunciation by generalbush(m): 7:33am On Apr 18, 2017
Zi:

This is good except that you have to choose one. Either you choose to acquire British or American pronunciations. They are widely different. Otherwise, you will end up mixing the whole thing and then it becomes obvious you are a "wannabe". Lol

Nigerian English is more inclined to the British pronunciation so when I started this relearning process myself, I choose the British one.
It is gonna be a long way, because it means you may have to relearn almost every word, and their intonation in making sentences. Depending on your interest level, it might take a while.
But in the end, it is quite rewarding wink I'm still learning though. I might have a few more tips if you are Igbo with the typical accent.

Yea sure... I combined it because of the pronunciations.

But in looking for which accent to follow, I think British would be a nice choice.
Re: I Need To Improve My Pronunciation by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 18, 2017
There's nothing like a British Accent!!!!
Be specific of the accent in Britain you want to learn!

(1) (Reply)

JAMB 2017 / Free Thinkers / Latest 210-260 IINS Dumps - Eliminate Your Fears And Doubts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.