Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,170 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) (46210 Views)

Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap / Who Has Bought A Phone From Aliexpress ? / Please Order For Me From Aliexpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Protein0: 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2017
With the recent increase in trust in some Chinese brands, especially phones, I present a succinct shopping guide on AliExpress: ur surest source of quality, yet affordable Chinese brands.

Intro: AliExpress is a china based B2B platform for numerous Chinese products of any kind where sellers are presented to buyers in a reasonably healthy medium.

Hints:
1. Download the AliExpress mobile app and register. Set your address, you can always edit it at the check out page of each item in case you want to change it.
2. Type your desired item in the search box
3. Explore the search results viz a viz price, sellers' ratings, feedbacks and offers. This is where the bulk of your task lies. Read items' descriptions well. I repeat, read items' descriptions well. Sellers with ratings of 4.5 and above are advisable
4. Having known the price from your chosen seller, proceed to payment. Click buy now and pay directly with your card. Chances of running into appeal with direct payment from card is lower than with trying to buy alipocket these days. So, it's better to pay directly from card.
5. This write up will be incomplete without discussing APPEAL. for security of transactions, you MAY be asked to upload some documents to show you acquire the cards you want to pay with legally. This is what is called appeal. So, for every card you plan to use, get the appeal documents ready. They are picture of the front view of that card (only the first 6 and last 4 digits are needed to be revealed. Block the rest) and the account statement of the account linked to that card. You can use a screenshot of an e-alert. The above will be in addition to the pix of a govt issued ID card of the AliExpress account owner. Appeal typically takes 1-3 business days if done well.

6. Always select AliExpress standard shipping for faster shipping (1-3weeks). There are also DHL and EMS shipping if you can't wait and ready to pay the price.
7. There are coupons for new app users. It's advisable you have appeal documents ready B4 registering because the coupons have just 1 week validity in case u need to appeal.

I can categorically say that Shopping on AliExpress is safe and easy. You are well protected if items aren't delivered, not as advertised, damaged or faulty

Questions? Drop them and I'll be more than willing to assist.

It's high time we stopped paying huge for some branded craps. Look beyond!
Peace.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by yanabasee(m): 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2017
Will start to place order for foreign powerbanks as nepa isnt friendly these days...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by youngsahito(m): 11:25pm On Apr 17, 2017
Protein0:
With the recent increase in trust in some Chinese brands, especially phones, I present a succinct shopping guide on AliExpress: ur surest source of quality yet affordable Chinese brands.

Intro: AliExpress is a china based B2B platform for numerous Chinese products of any kind where sellers are presented to buyers in a reasonably healthy medium.

Hints:
1. Download the AliExpress mobile app and register. Set your shipping address too and you can always edit it at the check out page of each item in case you want to change it
3. Explore the search results viz a viz price, sellers' ratings, feedbacks and offers. This is where the bulk of your task lies. Read item description well. I repeat, read items' descriptions well. Sellers with ratings of 4.5 and above are advisable
4. Having known the price from your chosen seller, proceed to payment. Due to $100/card monthly limit on Nigeria issued cards for now. You'll need cards depending on your order value. Let me add here that only Gtbank master and access bank Visa cards work effectively at 320 and 325/$ respectively. I learnt uba also works for the first few minutes of the day.
On ur AliExpress Mobile app, click on the dashboard. Click "my account"> "my AliExpress pocket"> click the badge above the "available balance".
Select lower $ denominations and click buy to pay with your card. Remember $100/card/month. Turn on alipocket at the check out page to have your alipocket balance deducted from your total order value
If your order is below $100, you can click on "buy now" to pay directly with your card BUT I won't advise you to do this because your order might be cancelled and refund will be cumbersome. ALWAYS PAY FROM ALIEXPRESS POCKET.
5. This write up will be incomplete without discussing APPEAL. for security of transactions, you may be asked to upload some documents to show you acquire the cards you want to pay with legally. This is what is called appeal. So, for every card you plan to use, get the appeal documents ready. They're picture of the front view of that card (only the first 6 and last 4 digits are needed to be revealed. Block the rest) and the account statement of the account linked to that card. You can use a screenshot of an e-alert. The above will be in addition to the pix of a govt issued ID card of the AliExpress account owner. Appeal typically takes 1-3 business days if done well.

6. Always select AliExpress standard shipping for faster shipping (1-3weeks). There are also DHL and EMS shipping if you can't wait and ready to pay the price.
7. There are coupons for new app users. It's advisable you have appeal documents ready B4 registering because the coupons have just 1 week validity in case u need to appeal.

I can categorically say that Shopping on AliExpress is safe and easy. You are well protected if items aren't delivered, not as advertised, damaged or faulty

Peace.

how reliance and trust wordy are aliexpress in terms of faster delivery of goods n a good product also
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 17, 2017
Protein0:
With the recent increase in trust in some Chinese brands, especially phones, I present a succinct shopping guide on AliExpress: ur surest source of quality yet affordable Chinese brands.

Hints:
1. Download the AliExpress mobile app and register. Set your shipping address, you can always edit it at the check out page of each item in case you want to change it
3. Explore the search results viz a viz price, sellers' ratings, feedbacks and offers. This is where the bulk of your task lies. Read items' descriptions well. I repeat, read items' descriptions well. Sellers with ratings of 4.5 and above are advisable
4. Having known the price from your chosen seller, proceed to payment. Due to $100/card monthly limit on Nigeria issued cards for now. You'll need cards depending on your order value. Let me add here that only Gtbank master and access bank Visa cards work effectively at 320 and 325/$ respectively. I learnt uba also works for the first few minutes of the day.
On ur AliExpress Mobile app, click on the dashboard. Click "my account"> "my AliExpress pocket"> click the badge above the "available balance".
Select lower $ denominations and click buy to pay with your card. Remember $100/card/month. Turn on alipocket at the check out page to have your alipocket balance deducted from your total order value
If your order is below $100, you can click on "buy now" to pay directly with your card BUT I won't advise you to do this because your order might be cancelled and refund will be cumbersome. ALWAYS PAY FROM ALIEXPRESS POCKET.
5. This write up will be incomplete without discussing APPEAL. for security of transactions, you may be asked to upload some documents to show you acquire the cards you want to pay with legally. This is what is called appeal. So, for every card you plan to use, get the appeal documents ready. They're picture of the front view of that card (only the first 6 and last 4 digits are needed to be revealed. Block the rest) and the account statement of the account linked to that card. You can use a screenshot of an e-alert. The above will be in addition to the pix of a govt issued ID card of the AliExpress account owner. Appeal typically takes 1-3 business days if done well.

Peace.

Nice wrote up
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by reptile1: 1:00am On Apr 18, 2017
in a situation whereby u want to purchase a smartphone above $100, how would u top up ur alipocket to make it up eg, $150.
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Protein0: 6:26am On Apr 18, 2017
reptile1:
in a situation whereby u want to purchase a smartphone above $100, how would u top up ur alipocket to make it up eg, $150.

Buy $10 or $20 in multiples from AliExpress pocket till it's $100. You'll see alipocket balance of $100.
On the check out page of the item, select alipocket button. $100 will be deducted from the $150 total order fee and you'll be required to balance $50. Continue with payment to pay the balance with card.

Same procedure for other orders above $100.
Buy alipocket of the highest multiple of $100. Pay the balance with your card (for $490 order. Buy $400 alipocket and balance the rest with your card) OR Buy alipocket value of the value of your order and pay everything with alipocket.

NOTE: buy lower $ denomination in multiples when funding alipocket.

I hope I've answered your question?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by adeniyilamlek(m): 8:04am On Apr 18, 2017
thanks
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by reptile1: 10:15am On Apr 18, 2017
Protein0:

Buy $10 or $20 in multiples from AliExpress pocket till it's $100. You'll see alipocket balance of $100.
On the check out page of the item, select alipocket button. $100 will be deducted from the $150 total order fee and you'll be required to balance $50. Continue with payment to pay the balance with card.

Same procedure for other orders above $100.
Buy alipocket of the highest multiple of $100. Pay the balance with your card (for $490 order. Buy $400 alipocket and balance the rest with your card) OR Buy alipocket value of the value of your order and pay everything with alipocket.

NOTE: buy lower $ denomination in multiples when funding alipocket.

I hope I've answered your question?

ok. I will experiment it the way u posted. thanks
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Protein0: 11:10am On Apr 18, 2017
reptile1:

ok. I will experiment it the way u posted. thanks

No qualms.
In case further clarifications, do let me know
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Babalegba(m): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2017
Do they deliver to a P.O box. My house has no proper address
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
I only have a fidelity bank debit card what do I do ?
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Protein0: 6:53pm On Apr 18, 2017
Babalegba:
Do they deliver to a P.O box. My house has no proper address

Don't worry about that.
They'll deliver to the post office nearest to the provided address. Just try to be explicit in the address you'll input.
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Protein0: 6:55pm On Apr 18, 2017
operaabel:
I only have a fidelity bank debit card what do I do ?

Try and find access visa or Gtbank master card.
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Babalegba(m): 7:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
Protein0:

Don't worry about that.
They'll deliver to the post office nearest to the provided address. Just try to be explicit in the address you'll input.
Thanks
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
Protein0:

Try and find access visa or Gtbank master card.

Alright..thank you sir
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by sorextee(m): 12:28am On Apr 19, 2017
Bros u re needed in one Ali express thread like DAT on did section.. Been helping out too, to the best of my knowledge. Your contriution will be highly appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Schwartz: 4:28am On Apr 19, 2017
Protein0:
With the recent increase in trust in some Chinese brands, especially
Hints:

Peace.

I am shocked reading this. You mean that this is the stress Nigerians go through to shop on Aliexpress. Wow!
In Germany here you just download the APP, choose what you want, click buy, enter your credit number. We have no limits on how much should be on the card or at any point. Why is Nigeria restricting online shoppers to only 100$ shocked also nothing like Appeal here o. Uploading proof of ownership of card? Wow shocked quite sad.
Just enter your credit card, address and within 3 weeks it come to you. If you're not around the delivery people give it to your neighbour and leave a note on your mail box. The best part is once you open a dispute even if its just a little error they refund you immediately. I honestly prefer them to Amazon.
I have sent screen shots to my friends. No 5 is particularly shocking I must say

6 Likes

Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Protein0: 11:19am On Apr 19, 2017
Schwartz:

I am shocked reading this. You mean that this is the stress Nigerians go through to shop on Aliexpress. Wow!
In Germany here you just download the APP, choose what you want, click buy, enter your credit number. We have no limits on how much should be on the card or at any point. Why is Nigeria restricting online shoppers to only 100$ shocked also nothing like Appeal here o. Uploading proof of ownership of card? Wow shocked quite sad.
Just enter your credit card, address and within 3 weeks it come to you. If you're not around the delivery people give it to your neighbour and leave a note on your mail box. The best part is once you open a dispute even if its just a little error they refund you immediately. I honestly prefer them to Amazon.
I have sent screen shots to my friends. No 5 is particularly shocking I must say

Well, that's what recession brought. There used not to be limits here too. What do we have to do than to live with it. Meanwhile, if you can pay at parallel market rate for payments after $100, you can get a $ mastercard from Gtbank or pay from your dormicilary account, no spend limits.
On appeal, yes we now appeal there was nothing like that in the past tho.
As far as I'm concerned, AliExpress is no mate of Amazon.
To sum up, it is in no way stressful. All these processes are usually settled under 4days and wait for ur order to be delivered within 2weeks. It rarely take 3 weeks here.
By and large, we are optimistic about the future of Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by damanjohn: 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
Sweet post @Op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by tlanry: 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
what are the requirements to open a domiciliary account??
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by ddjay: 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
Protein0:

Don't worry about that.
broe if the item arrives at the post office,hope no one dia will steal the item most especially if the item is a phone.are items safe in our post offices.
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by OCTAVO: 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
tlanry:
Remember you have to fund your dom account with dollar at parallel rate.
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Najwal: 4:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
OCTAVO:

Remember you have to fund your dom account with dollar at parallel rate.

I already have a dom acct but yet to fund, so how much do i need to fund and assuming i want to collect the card how much is the charges and also is there truely maintainance fees? Thanks.
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Protein0: 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
ddjay:

broe if the item arrives at the post office,hope no one dia will steal the item most especially if the item is a phone.are items safe in our post offices.

Even if ur item is gold, it's safe.
With my experiences so far, nipost parades one of the best staff in the civil service.
Items not claimed 15days after delivery at the post office are likely to be returned to their source tho.
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by HarveySpecter1: 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
Tried to fund my account and got this. See screenshot.

Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by olurotimi1: 6:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
WHICH BANK IS BEST FOR ONLINE TRANSACTION? I KNOW FIRSTBANK DOESNT WORK
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by ddjay: 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2017
Protein0:

Even if ur item is gold, it's safe.
With my experiences so far, nipost parades one of the best staff in the civil service.
Items not claimed 15days after delivery at the post office are likely to be returned to their source tho.
wow, thank God for that,Naija is getting better
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Protein0: 9:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
tlanry:

Contact the bank but I think 2 referees each with current account with the bank where u want to open it, $100 minimum balance plus other basic account opening requirements. That was what Gtbank and access banks peeps told me.
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Protein0: 9:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
olurotimi1:
WHICH BANK IS BEST FOR ONLINE TRANSACTION? I KNOW FIRSTBANK DOESNT WORK

Gtbank and access.
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Protein0: 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2017
HarveySpecter1:
Tried to fund my account and got this. See screenshot.

Hmm.
Welcome to the "republic of appeal" grin

Log in with a PC and click on my orders. You'll see "you have an appeal in progress" msg. Click "want to appeal" and upload the necessary documents as required.
You can use chrome on phone but load desktop site. You can do this from your chrome setting.
You can try paying using a PC if you don't find the appeal msg.

1 Like

Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by adeniyisamuel59(m): 11:56pm On Apr 19, 2017
Which one is appeal again, nawa o
Re: Aliexpress Shopping Guide(updated!!!) by Folabimi(m): 12:49am On Apr 20, 2017
Protein0:

Hmm.
Welcome to the "republic of appeal" grin

Log in with a PC and click on my orders. You'll see "you've an appeal in progress" msg. Click "want to appeal" and upload the necessary documents as required.
You can use chrome on phone but load desktop site. You can do this from your chrome setting.
You can try paying using a PC if you don't find the appeal msg.

Pls, if I order 4 just one smartphone battery, will it be delivered to me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Download Odin 3.09 For Windows & Android (latest Version) / Cheapest MTN Data Bundle Price (2GB@N1000) / Shocking!!! New Zzapo Phone 4GB RAM+64GB Storage @ 8k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.