Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Enchanted - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Enchanted (402 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enchanted by xchiz(m): 3:25am On Apr 19, 2017
Alex was a strange creature. I had seen white people on the television but she was the first I met and touched. Her nuances were strange and her body language was just wrong. She was doing things to the left and often mother beat me to stop using left because it was only an ofeke - a fool- who did things with the left hand. She did not keep any toys and I never liked to share my toys, heck, I never shared before, but she had a pet duck with 7 ducklings. The ducklings we're golden yellow and the duck was a strong mother. I knew it because she only let Alex close to she and her ducklings and when she walked, the ducklings followed behind her in a single file. I was fascinated. I shared my toys and Alex let me play with her pets. I had the time of my life and wished Alex would not go by the end of December. She promised to come back and I promised to wait for her, no matter how long it took. Afterall, we had time on our side, we were just 3. I never saw her again.
I assumed that having a brother would be as enjoyable as Alex's company, but I was wrong. Mother stopped caring for me as soon as her Tommy began to get bigger. Instead of making me breakfast on time, she would spend the morning vomiting in the bathroom, leaving me to the untrained hands of her husband. She made more demands than I, frankly sometimes I almost wanted to shush her, I mean she was being a baby the whole nine months and stealing the attention from the real baby, me.
I was happy when I walked into the hospital ward in my dad's arms and found that mother no longer had a big Tommy - maybe she'd start acting like an adult again- but then, I never expect the baby to be my new competition.
The whole house smells funny and I can't even be fully rocked to bed at night because the baby always needs them. I have become desolate and lonely this time. My toy cars no longer cheered me, I wish Alex was here.
When my father walks in with bags bearing gifts now, I don't run after him with expectations any more, I know what he's always carrying, baby cereals and baby toys. I don't know how long I can take this, I must speak with that baby. Maybe make him a deal, I mean if he's my brother, he had better start acting like it. No brother would want their brother to be miserable, though I didn't know anyone else who had a brother besides me, perhaps I may be wrong, maybe brothers frustrate each other usually. I waited for a moment alone with him.

http://cobiezcourt..com/2017/04/Enchanted.html

(1) (Reply)

Life - Olumide Olanrewaju / Story Challenge: Write A 30 Word Story / The Chronicles Of Paulinus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.