Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

5 Popular Myths About NYSC Registration - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 5 Popular Myths About NYSC Registration (2215 Views)

NYSC Registration Portal Opens For 2019 Batch B Stream II / 5 Popular Myths About The NYSC Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Popular Myths About NYSC Registration by corpersforum(f): 9:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
5 Popular Myths about NYSC registration is a list of some false conception that people have about NYSC registration. We are getting few things wrong.

NYSC registration is very close and prospective Corp Members must have heard a lot of things.

Myths are irrational explanation about a particular thing. They are tagged as irrational explanations because they don't provide a near accurate evidence or prove about their subject.

Myths are false or wrong conceptions or impressions we have toward a particular thing.

Corpers Forum is here to present to you 5 popular Myths about NYSC registration and the truth about them.

1. Registration Begins 12am

Myth: The NYSC Registration Portal will be open by exactly 12am of the day
Many people believe that since the registration date is 20th of April 2017, then the NYSC Portal will be Open at exact 12am of the day. So you have to spend your night awake at the cafe or wherever so that you can register on time.

Fact: The portal will not be open at exact 12am. You are free to sleep and enjoy your night.
I fell for that believe too. My friends and I, a day before the day, we went and spent the night on campus waiting for 12am. We were not alone off course. Many graduates like us were there. 12am exactly, we all rushed to the stand only to discover that the portal I not yet opened. We waited till around 10am of the day.

We slept and woke up around 3pm.

We were sleeping while others are doing their registrations. So funny.

Judging based one just one experience is not a good one. Apart from my experience, ask around, you will hear few more experiences.
If you want to flex through the night, it's okay. But thinking that the portal will open by exact 12am is a false claim.

2. First Come First Serve.

Myth: If you register early, you will be posted to a good place.
This one is really very common. I believe there are other ways we ex Corper can form for these Prospective Corps Members than giving them false impressions.

Many would say if you register on time, especially immediately when the portal opened, you would be posted to a good City like Lagos, Abuja, and Kano etc.

Fact: The posting is randomly, relax and take your time.
Registering earlier does not mean you would be posted to a good city.

Note, there is no bad city anywhere. So you don't need to rush yourself and make mistakes filling the form. You will be posted to a place. It's now your choice to make it good or bad.

3. You cannot register by yourself

Myth: You can't do the NYSC registration by yourself, you have to use a registration centre or a Cyber Cafe.
This I not very true, the fact is below

Fact: You can do the registration by yourself.

The only reason why they say you should go to a Cyber cafe is just for the sake of the finger print scanner external gadget. If you can get it or you have a friend who have one. You can use it. The passport would be snapped with your phone or through your system webcam.

During my day, my friend and I, we did only the thumb print verification at a Cafe and since we passed that level, we completed it by ourselves on our system.

Once you have a good network and passed the thumb printing verification, you can do it all on your own.

4. You will get a fitted NYSC kit if you fill the measurement part of the form correctly.

Myth: Make sure you fill the measurement aspect of the form correctly and you will get a fitted NYSC kit during orientation camp.
There I an aspect of the form where you need to enter your measurement details. Your size, length and the rest. People believe if you fill it accurately, you will get a fitted kit.

Fact: That aspect of the form is just for formality sake. If you are a professional tailor or you consulted one, you will still be disappointed when you will still be given an Oversize or inaccurate kits at camp. It's normal.
What you fill there I not what you will get.

5. If you fill the state selection aspect exactly as your friend, you will be posted to the same place

Myth: You have a friend and you wish to serve in the same place. Fill the state selection aspect of the form exactly as your friend and you will be posted to same state.
Is that funny to you? Am asking because it I very funny to me.

Fact: The posting is randomly, nothing I ever certain.
If you are posted to the same state as your friend, it's just luck. IT'S not because you filled or select the same states as your friend.

Now Your Turn
Do you have other Myths you want to add?

Do you see any fault in the facts above?

Do you want to give more explanation?

Do you have any questions?

Use the reply button below....

Thanks for reading 5 Popular Myths about NYSC registration

Remember to share for your friends.

[Source: http://www.corpersforum.com/nysc-library/5-popular-myths-about-nysc-registration/]
c
lalasticlala
My4nd
Crazyman
Ogbeche77
Yokiti
Ishilove

1 Like

Re: 5 Popular Myths About NYSC Registration by Hotdiamond(m): 10:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
Nigerians and Myths. Not new.

1 Like

Re: 5 Popular Myths About NYSC Registration by corpersforum(f): 10:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hotdiamond:
Nigerians and Myths. Not new.

lolzzz

1 Like

Re: 5 Popular Myths About NYSC Registration by callmesouth(m): 11:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
lols all my friends are awake at the campus.

1 Like

Re: 5 Popular Myths About NYSC Registration by LuckyWinner(m): 11:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
Very interesting. You need to come and see people sleeping outside here anyhow. All in the bid to register first and get desired states.
People are in love with the myths sha. It's fun. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 5 Popular Myths About NYSC Registration by corpersforum(f): 1:55am On Apr 20, 2017
callmesouth:
lols all my friends are awake at the campus.

Lolzzz.... the portal isn't Opening...
Re: 5 Popular Myths About NYSC Registration by corpersforum(f): 1:56am On Apr 20, 2017
LuckyWinner:
Very interesting. You need to come and see people sleeping outside here anyhow. All in the bid to register first and get desired states.
People are in love with the myths sha. It's fun. cheesy
Lolzzzz.....i knew many would fall for it
Re: 5 Popular Myths About NYSC Registration by torres89: 6:32am On Apr 20, 2017
tell them
my friend Disturbed my precious sleep this morning because of desired state
Re: 5 Popular Myths About NYSC Registration by corpersforum(f): 7:12am On Apr 20, 2017
If you have passed your bio-metric verification, Corpersforum can help you complete the registration for free anywhere you are..... REGISTER on the forum here and lets help you
Re: 5 Popular Myths About NYSC Registration by LuckyWinner(m): 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
Your myth was wrong.. I was still awake.. site opened by 1:00am today. Surprisingly!
Re: 5 Popular Myths About NYSC Registration by sunshinegold22: 9:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
Do you have the need to travel outside with your family to relax, but no funds?

All paid Travel Expenses to Tourist Sites in Dubai, South Africa, Mauritius, Kenya, Ghana (Visa, Flight Ticket, 4 Star Hotel, Feeding, Tourist Attraction).

Do you want to acquire Professional Certified Training to enhance your Career, but no Funds?

Trainings like NEBOSH, BOSIET, Web Developer, CCNA, Coding, App Development, Software Engineering, Hardware, ICT, Accounting Software packages, Oil and Gas Software Courses. We have over 100 more courses to choose from and still adding.

Do you want to attend a Fashion Design Academy, Catering, Baking School, Makeup and Beauty School, Vocational Schools to enhance your Business and Passion, but no Funds?

Attend our Summit Programme in LAGOS.

N 750,000 worth of Certified Skilled Training Scholarships and many more packages to benefit from.

Registration is Free. Call or WhatsApp 08171272445.

Venue: Vantage Hub, 2nd Floor, Mosesola Building, 103, Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria.

Date: Saturday, 29th April, 2017.
Click on this link to fill your form and select your batch time. Registration Link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYp7kDIclF74OEMvPzF-2tKKjuOqFwjswju5V-I3rclDPn1Q/viewform?c=0&w=1
Re: 5 Popular Myths About NYSC Registration by kaymart: 8:42am On Apr 22, 2017
I wanted Lagos or abuja but the two weren't appearing. So, I was forced to go for other choices against my wish. I'v b'n so sad since then, somehow am depressed sef. Haven't b'n happy @ all I finally went for Kaduna, Oyo, kwara and Rivers. Honestly, I did not desire any of these four but against my wish I went for them.... Funny enough, I've bn spending the bulk of my time at d cafe ever since they opened the portal....
pls, I still want Lagos or abuja nd am hell bent on this. pls tell me how to get my desire.

(1) (Reply)

Open A Verified South Africa, AE, US, Paypal Account Nigeria|E-book / Nysc Batch B 2016 How True Is This News?????? / Help!!! NYSC Gave Me A Wrong State Of Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.