Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,645 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash (3636 Views)

Kemi Odukoya Shows Her Baby Bump / Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Remembers Bimbo Odukoya, Late Wife 10 Years After Her Death / Bimbo Odukoya's Daughter, Tolu 30th Birthday Marked In Grand Style (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by woye77: 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2010
Pastor Taiwo Odukoya, the senior pastor of the Fountain of Life Church has finally announced that he will be getting married. The marriage is to take place this month.

The announcement which he made from the pulpit to the congregation of his church at Ilupeju, Lagos last Sunday has finally laid to rest the suspense that had attended his next line of action since the death of his wife, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya four years ago in a plane crash.

The congregation reacted in loud approval and jubilation to the announcement.

For a long time, his congregation and a lot of observers’ imagination was held by the riddle of whether Pastor Odukoya would re-marry or not and if he chooses to, would the new woman match up to the widely acknowledged standard established by Pastor Bimbo as a life partner and a woman of God.

Prior to the announcement last Sunday, Pastor Odukoya often exhibiting an infectious sense of humour on the pulpit would tease the congregation of his church with the riddle, at times quipping that he would be getting married the following week. This keeps people guessing and sometimes confounded.

He, however, did not disclose the identity of his wife-to-be as well as the exact day of the wedding. Even when he was prodded by the visiting elderly Mrs Hilda Adefarasin, the mother of the youthful men of God, Pastors Wale and Paul Adefarasin, to disclose the date, he diplomatically declined.

The frail and wizened Mrs. Adefarasin had been invited to the pulpit by Pastor Odukoya for special recognition after he had announced his wedding plan. She said she wanted to know if the date would not clash with her forthcoming 85

th birthday in January. Pastor Bimbo.

The announcement also came against the backdrop of a recent rumour of an unpalatable vision seen about Pastor Bimbo by an elderly man of God, published in several soft-sell publications. The story generated extensive hullaballoo until finally laid to rest by a string of refutations.

In an official press statement made by the Fountain of Life Church, it declared: "We consider the said publication a cheap agenda aimed at confusing the rising population of young Christians whose lives are still being influenced by Pastor Bimbo, even in death…

"Our dear Pastor Bimbo Odukoya ran the race, fought the good fight and is right now resting in the bossom of our Lord, Jesus Christ. As the Bible states, "Those who teach others to live right will shine like stars forever and ever."

Pastor Bimbo’s legacies in spite of the recent controversy will indubitably linger on for years to come and some observers are of the opinion that it might be a big task for it to be overshadowed by any new marital relationship Pastor Taiwo might get into.

He himself was not oblivious of this conundrum. He said during a ministration not long after Pastor Bimbo’s death: "I hear people say certain things and I laugh. And some will even ask me the question, ‘Will you re-marry?’ I say I don’t know yet. But it is not impossible. They say I wonder how that woman will be. Why? Because they are saying who can match that standard? She was a standard. She became a standard to the world in speech, in purity and in love. And yet she was warm, jovial – you will always assume you can take her for granted. You can’t."

In a very recent statement during an interview, he made a categorical statement on why he wanted to remarry: "Oh yes, definitely, I have never made a secret of that, in fact, right from the first year of her passing away; I said so. A person like me will work himself out. I need to be slowed down from time to time. We were both workaholics but we had a way of slowing ourselves down."
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by idomababe(f): 5:31pm On Jan 03, 2010
congratulation to Pastor odukoya on his forthcoming marriage. I pray he finds peace,joy,love and a true companion in his new wife.
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by PastorAIO: 6:01pm On Jan 03, 2010
May Odu divert all his suffering away. I will not begrudge a man his due companionship even if I do not agree with his practices.
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by AKO1(m): 6:49pm On Jan 03, 2010
SOURCE

I hope this story is credible, and he isn't introduced to his 'new wife' by the press.
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by MrCrackles(m): 6:50pm On Jan 03, 2010
Praise the Lord
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by Odunnu: 7:49pm On Jan 03, 2010
Ths decision is awesome.Instead of hm dyin of 'lack of in timacy',i thnk he shd b givn all support.Hope he weds on 30th Jan. so we'l both kip dat day 2heart.I LOVE YOU SIR.
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by MrCrackles(m): 7:50pm On Jan 03, 2010
I guess the pastor can stop wan/king and have s/e/x again. . . . . tongue wink
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by lawrence83: 10:48am On Jan 04, 2010
Man no be firewood, nuff said
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by tnk24: 7:00pm On Jan 04, 2010
The wedding is coming up this week, but it will be strictly by invitation. The new wife is a South African lady, almost of the same stature with Pastor Bimbo Odukoya of blessed memory and looks to have her own peculiar qualities which will unfold with time, though we should not expect her to be another Pastor Bimbo as they are both 2 distict individuals.
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by noetic16(m): 8:39pm On Jan 04, 2010
Pastor AIO:

May Odu divert all his suffering away. I will not begrudge a man his due companionship even if I do not agree with his practices.

and whats Odu?
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by AKO1(m): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2010
I wonder why people are saying his wife must be of Pastor Bimbo's stature, however they define that.

My speculation is that he is looking for a companion and a mother to his children, not a replacement as co-pastor. And at that he alone knows who is best.

If you want someone like Pastor Bimbo, you must go to heaven and bring her with back with you tongue
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by PastorAIO: 10:24pm On Jan 04, 2010
noetic16:

and whats Odu?

Odu is an ancient yoruba goddess that is still found in yoruba names of families that used to worship her like Odusanya, Odukoya, Odusanmi,
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by ilosiwaju: 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2010
good move. better than having to cope with scandals.
grin
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2010
Is Odu not from Ifa?
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by AKO1(m): 3:32pm On Jan 06, 2010
According to this source, Pastor Taiwo got married to Simangele Zulu yesterday in Lagos. The wedding was strictly by invitation to avoid a large crowd. I wish them all the best.
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2010
NL wishes them luck
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by Kay17: 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2010
MrCrackles:

I guess the pastor can stop wan/king and have s/e/x again. . . . . tongue wink
those four years must have been long and hard!!
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by hotlips: 1:25am On Jan 10, 2010
I wish the new couple a happy married life. Nobody must expect the new wife to fill pastor Bimbo's shoes o, especially in spiritual matters.

(1) (Reply)

The Catholic 'Mary' is not the Mary of the bible!!! / Boko Haram Kill Children Of Ex-Boko Haram Member For Converting To Christianity / Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.