Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

NPOWER: Poverty Alleviation Or Aggravation? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NPOWER: Poverty Alleviation Or Aggravation? (1383 Views)

Npower Startup Nigeria Registration 2019 / Npower Nigeria IBM Jumpstart Competition: How To Apply! / FG May Replace Unverified NPOWER Beneficiaries Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NPOWER: Poverty Alleviation Or Aggravation? by Preator: 2:43pm On Apr 20, 2017
I have always been politically neutral as i my personal perception of all Nigerian politicians is that they are all crooks irrespective of party affiliations. However, the brief leadership of the Vice-President mellowed my bias a bit. I thought perhaps we may have some competent hands at last. The shoddy handling of the N-Power program has given me serious cause for concern. I have friends and acquaintances who partake in this scheme. Some of them have not received a dime from the scheme and are continually borrowing to go to their PPA. i watched a video where the assistant to the VP was explaining the reasons for non-payment and i must say i was unimpressed with him. does he mean it will take him 5 months to sort out name verification?.
What amazed me was that a guy that used two(2) names instead of all the three(3) captured via his BVN. He was advised to make publication in newspaper and swear affidavit so that the bank account name can be changed. This is a guy who has not received a dime from the scheme being asked to incur further cost. i am torn between lending him the required funds or advising him to bid riddance to their rubbish.
I can not imagine that the VP is not aware of all this. The N-POWER scheme has only one helpline which is always busy and one e-mail that never replies to inquiries or complaints.
A look at N-Power's twitter and Facebook page will show you the appalling state of the matter. There are hundreds of complaints that no one is replying to and all bothers on the issue of non-payment. What is the essence of the application process if such a high number of volunteers have name mismatch.
I have watched this people go through the pains and shame of borrowing to survive with the hope that they will be able to clear their debt when they are finally paid. This is dehumanizing and i think we all need to lend voice to their plight. perhaps someone in authority will see it or hear about it and something will be done.
Re: NPOWER: Poverty Alleviation Or Aggravation? by Preator: 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
do i need to add snake before this can be pushed to FP?
cc lalasticlala
Re: NPOWER: Poverty Alleviation Or Aggravation? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
Nawa o

1 Like

Re: NPOWER: Poverty Alleviation Or Aggravation? by Osu175(m): 5:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
I know it will end up being another joke from day one.

I applied jokely

Checked my name jokely

Saw my name jokely

Didnt go for verification, cos i know it will end up being another tale by moon light
Re: NPOWER: Poverty Alleviation Or Aggravation? by sonofthunder: 8:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
Preator:
I have always been politically neutral as i my personal perception of all Nigerian politicians is that they are all crooks irrespective of party affiliations. However, the brief leadership of the Vice-President mellowed my bias a bit. I thought perhaps we may have some competent hands at last. The shoddy handling of the N-Power program has given me serious cause for concern. I have friends and acquaintances who partake in this scheme. Some of them have not received a dime from the scheme and are continually borrowing to go to their PPA. i watched a video where the assistant to the VP was explaining the reasons for non-payment and i must say i was unimpressed with him. does he mean it will take him 5 months to sort out name verification?.
What amazed me was that a guy that used two(2) names instead of all the three(3) captured via his BVN. He was advised to make publication in newspaper and swear affidavit so that the bank account name can be changed. This is a guy who has not received a dime from the scheme being asked to incur further cost. i am torn between lending him the required funds or advising him to bid riddance to their rubbish.
I can not imagine that the VP is not aware of all this. The N-POWER scheme has only one helpline which is always busy and one e-mail that never replies to inquiries or complaints.
A look at N-Power's twitter and Facebook page will show you the appalling state of the matter. There are hundreds of complaints that no one is replying to and all bothers on the issue of non-payment. What is the essence of the application process if such a high number of volunteers have name mismatch.
I have watched this people go through the pains and shame of borrowing to survive with the hope that they will be able to clear their debt when they are finally paid. This is dehumanizing and i think we all need to lend voice to their plight. perhaps someone in authority will see it or hear about it and something will be done.
anyone that has challenges with verification is as a result of the poor attitude of their states... I believed everyone properly verified is getting paid.
might be wrong on the last note though.

1 Like

Re: NPOWER: Poverty Alleviation Or Aggravation? by Ayaba03(f): 8:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
My brother, u just said my mind. Wen my husband saw his name, we were so happy that we wl b getting a tip at d month end even though it not much becuase he has been unemployed for over two years nw. Up til dis moment he hasnt got a dime and he goes to his ppa everyday. He has done verification over and over again, yet no positive outcome. It is quite frustrating
Re: NPOWER: Poverty Alleviation Or Aggravation? by Preator: 7:14pm On May 18, 2017
Ayaba03:
My brother, u just said my mind. Wen my husband saw his name, we were so happy that we wl b getting a tip at d month end even though it not much becuase he has been unemployed for over two years nw. Up til dis moment he hasnt got a dime and he goes to his ppa everyday. He has done verification over and over again, yet no positive outcome. It is quite frustrating
Hope he has received something nw?
Re: NPOWER: Poverty Alleviation Or Aggravation? by komzy589(m): 8:29pm On May 18, 2017
I don't understand what you guys are complaining about. Everyone I know that followed the instructions given by the recruiters throughout the recruitment process are being paid promptly; including me and my younger sister. Please don't spoil the good work this people are doing. Some that didn't go for verification are now regretting. Blame yourselves and not the government.

1 Like

Re: NPOWER: Poverty Alleviation Or Aggravation? by Ayaba03(f): 8:19am On May 25, 2017
Preator:
Hope he has received something nw?
not yet

(1) (Reply)

Mind Smith Limited Latest Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / Who Knows Something About Bruce Chingez Foundation? / Triversa Ltd Fresh Graduate Job Recruitment (3 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.