Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,255 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Beware Of Smokes - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Beware Of Smokes (295 Views)

You Won't Believe This: 2 Year Old Boy Who Smokes 40 Cigarettes A Day / Get Paid #50,000 For Solving A Mathematical Task(Real and legal mods beware ) / If You Are Studying Any Of These Courses In Nigerian Universities beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Smokes by MarkSole: 12:05am On Apr 21, 2017
In my growing years, I was told to read newspapers to learn to write well. I however, may not be able to pass on such advice, considering today’s standards. This is what I read a few days ago:

“A witness, Rasaq Amao, who spoke to one of our correspondents on the telephone, said he was playing football inside the National Stadium when he saw smokes billowing into the sky.”

That came from a newspaper report titled, “Easter Tragedy: Seven killed, 19 injured in Lagos accidents.” They might explain this as a typographical error, but this is not the first time, this has happened. The same paper reported sometime back, on a fire at a warehouse as follows:

“The Fire Service was on top of the situation, but due to the combustible nature of the materials, there was nothing they could do.”
Best Regards

(1) (Reply)

Direct Entry Into 200lv / Type Of Invigilators You Can Relate With During Exams| Pictures / The Influence Of Location On Property Values In Onitsha Urban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.