Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

The Russian Government VS The Jehovah Witness: The Sad Outcome Against The Jws - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Russian Government VS The Jehovah Witness: The Sad Outcome Against The Jws (496 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Russian Government VS The Jehovah Witness: The Sad Outcome Against The Jws by Nobody: 3:02am On Apr 21, 2017
These are some of the dug out points my Russians friends sent to me that the government might be holding on to tagging the JWs as extreme.
Though it's not like the JW are forcing anyone to do their doctrine....but every one knows religion is a powerful remote control, if pple can be brain washed to strap a bomb and blow them selves, anything is possible

1) Prohibiting blood transfusions for its members even to the point of death
Remember they have doctors amongst the JW. These doctors are employed every where thruout the nation's hospital.

It's already bad enough to have citizens(JW members) that won't take blood even to save their own life and also take the decision for their children i.e minors who can't sign consent forms at hospitals. To now add JW doctors to the issue is even more worse since they are JW, the fear of the authorities is now for for patients that aren't JW, these doctors might not be objective to make d call if a patient needs transfusion....at least that's what the Government think

2)Recommendations, defiance of government institutions and civic duties.
JW don't allow their members participate in government organized activities. Including the almighty franchise.
The government is getting pretty worried as the JW community keeps growing, they might be no one left to exercise franchise..

3)JW doctrine in Russia do not allow their members to be enlisted in Military.
For crying outloud, world war III is around the corner. The government aren't finding it funny that a large chunk of the populace isn't patriotic enough to die for Russia and that my people isn't something any nation's government can be happy about. What if these view are entertained by other Christians and citizens.

4) The door to door paroles.
This last point is funny though some people don't like them for this, their house to house movement.
The government probably feels threatened that they can easily pass on these so called brain washing messages and other Coded messages to their people and other people easily with no way for the government to monitoring or censor.
Incase You don't know, JWs don't do live shows, they don't do TV shows, no radio broadcast, infact their Internet presence isn't that much.
It's funny and at the same time curious they rely mainly on the old school way to pass their information, books, tracts, and their popular 20 page magazine "AWAKE & WATCHTOWER" .
Hey! You can't hack or monitor human legs walking door to door what if they are passing anti government views secretly from door to door..The Russian government feels powerless, kinda not in control in this area...at least that's the way the government feels.

I feel it's the government that's extreme though...they scared of the JWs and their ever growing presence.

It's My Opinion though...

Lalasticlala: somone told me JWs & Russians likes "snake".... paddii me, u understand naaa
Re: The Russian Government VS The Jehovah Witness: The Sad Outcome Against The Jws by Nobody: 6:17am On Apr 21, 2017
4...Insulting other religions ,calling themselves the only Gods organization.

5..Shunning of people who freely decide to stop being Jehovah’s Witnesses. Emotionally abusing, disowning and blackmailing them.

6..Non signing of the national Anthem
Re: The Russian Government VS The Jehovah Witness: The Sad Outcome Against The Jws by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 21, 2017
damariox:
4...Insulting other religions ,calling themselves the only Gods organization.

5..Shunning of people who freely decide to stop being Jehovah’s Witnesses. Emotionally abusing, disowning and blackmailing them.

6..Non signing of the national Anthem

Really? They don't sing the national anthem....wow! That's a bit extreme for something as harmless as a national anthem....

I know their guys don't marry non-JW ladies otherwise get u get expelled if u insist on doing so..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Russian Government VS The Jehovah Witness: The Sad Outcome Against The Jws by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 21, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Really? They don't sing the national anthem....wow! That's a bit extreme for something as harmless as a national anthem....

I know their guys don't marry non-JW ladies otherwise get u get expelled if u insist on doing so..

Somehow they are the most extreme Christian group. When you disassociate yourself or follow another religion that's when you will understand.
Only Ex Jehovahs can give you a balanced testimony of how the sect operates

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional- April 26th 2017 / Some Facts About Mary Mother Of Jesus Christ. / The Importance And The Effects Of Sacrament Of Confirmation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.