Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,464 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts (3389 Views)

Amazing Photoshop! Donjazzy Pictured With Rihanna In New Pictures. Photos / Photos:ozil Poses With Rihanna After She Watched Arsenal Destroy Everton / Battle Of The Frills: Rihanna, Tiwa Savage, Simi – Who Nailed It? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by bossmeek(m): 5:14am On Apr 21, 2017
Nigerian music icon, Tiwa Savage, has stated that she is delighted to sell the Nigerian and African brand to the global entertainment community, adding that she would not change the brand but work harder to present it better to the world.
Speaking Wednesday on the Morning Show of Arise Television, a sister broadcast station of THISDAY Newspapers, Savage who described herself as a modern-day Fela girl, argued that the late African beat icon's girls were misunderstood.
She stated that even when she sent her works to the United Kingdom (UK) and the rhythm could not be understood, she refused to change her style, adding that Nigerians and Africans were indeed learning to appreciate their own.
She said:
"If you don't try, you won't succeed. It is not time for me to relax and say that I am at the same level with Rihanna. I need to do my thing. I need the support of Nigerians and the whole continent.
When I go to the UK to perform, they appreciate us more than American artistes. We are learning to appreciate our own. It is so cool to be a Nigerian and African. The 'pidgin' english (an English-based pidgin and creole language spoken as a lingua franca across Nigeria) is there but we are trying to present it better to the world."
According to her, before she moved back to Nigeria in 2009, the music in Nigerian clubs was 70 percent American and only 30 percent Africans.
"But when I came back, it changed with the presence of D'banj, Tuface, Don Jazzy and the rest of Nigerian artistes. We did not care whether the rest of the world was listening or not," she added.
"I am delighted to sell the Nigerian brand; I don't need to change some of the songs. When I sent the rhythm to the UK and they did not understand, I don't need to change anything," she said.
The mother of one said her music was like Jollof rice.
"I am in love with Jollof rice. When I prepare it, I can dish it out anyhow and eat. But when you have a guest, you dish it out in a very special way. That is what we do in music," Savage explained.
On her plans for next year, the music icon pledged to work harder for Africans and the rest of the world, adding that she would increase her last year's efforts by 100 per cent to encourage African women.
She said she wanted to encourage African women to understand that getting married or having kids should not put an end to their career.
According to her:
"When you get married or have kids- it doesn't mean that your career has ended. Your career has just started. I worked under Don Jazzy who is extremely talented. If you look at his catalog, no two songs are the same. I cannot take all the credit. When I was pregnant, he was very understanding and very helpful. These guys were very understanding about women issues."
Speaking on Fela's girls, she argued that they were misunderstood, adding that people acknowledged the late Afro Beats' king as a godfather and forgot the women that added glamour to his music.
According to her, what Fela's girls did on stage was mere entertainment, which did not mean that they were loose off stage.
"These girls were misunderstood. What they did on stage was just entertainment. What they do on stage doesn't mean that they are loose off stage. People say Fela is godfather but people forget the women that added glamour to Fela's show," she said.
Savage explained further:
"When I performed initially in Nigeria, they screamed that it was too much; that it was too sexy. We are still fighting the same battle the Fela girls fought. There is no way a movie and entertainment will not have sexual scenes. The only thing we can do as Africans is to provide guidelines. You cannot stop an artiste from being sexual in entertainment."

Source: http://www.bossmeek.com.ng/2017/04/i-am-at-same-level-with-rihanna-tiwa.html?m=1
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by Young03(m): 5:24am On Apr 21, 2017
story
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by Tallesty1(m): 5:43am On Apr 21, 2017
Tiwa is too sexy??
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by SoftP(m): 5:45am On Apr 21, 2017
@Fela girl, take a clue from Adele' her performance on stage is so unique and classic''' comparing urself with Rihana is like preaching the good news of Aba made to Gucci, two of them naa fashion, but one naa white wash grin

6 Likes

Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by Nobody: 5:49am On Apr 21, 2017
I'm sorry dear, but we're not.

10 Likes

Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by littlewonders: 6:00am On Apr 21, 2017
Who's deceiving this lady? How aunty Tiwa go dey compare this kind dis kind thing. Smh

5 Likes

Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by Nicho118(m): 6:03am On Apr 21, 2017
tiwa garbage don start

1 Like

Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by QueenSuccubus(f): 6:07am On Apr 21, 2017
Whaaaat? undecided

Smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by jericco1(m): 6:52am On Apr 21, 2017
Inferiority complex

1 Like

Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by DreamChaser2000: 7:24am On Apr 21, 2017
QueenSuccubus:
Whaaaat? undecided

Smh

Madam are you in anyway Rihanna's spokesperson?

1 Like

Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by OKorowanta: 7:50am On Apr 21, 2017
She's on wet cannabis.
Take her serious at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by Saintsammurai(m): 7:54am On Apr 21, 2017
She did not say she is in the same level with rihana..
she was trying to give a point about promoting the African brand and not imitating rihana..

5 Likes

Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by blackylola(m): 7:55am On Apr 21, 2017
Many didn't read the article before commenting, our youth are too lazy to read. She didn't compare herself with Rihanna the OP is a confused hater

4 Likes

Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by Nickymezor(f): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2017
blackylola:
Many didn't read the article before commenting, our youth are too lazy to read. She didn't compare herself with Rihanna the OP is a confused hater
Yeah , exactly. .. OP dey mislead ppl sef undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by ejiro2017: 8:46am On Apr 21, 2017
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by flawlessjimmy(m): 10:01am On Apr 21, 2017
Op, where in neptunes name did she mention "i am at the same level as Rihanna"?

1 Like

Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by veekid(m): 10:40am On Apr 21, 2017
Is Tiwa high on coke?
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by MOSICATED5(m): 11:37am On Apr 21, 2017
People didn't even read before commenting.

2 Likes

Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by pepemendy(m): 11:59am On Apr 21, 2017
Saintsammurai:
She did not say she is in the same level with rihana..
she was trying to give a point about promoting the African brand and not imitating rihana..
OP simple English u cannot understand
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by pizzylee(m): 12:31pm On Apr 21, 2017
uhhh DTS so cute of her to say but she z not anywhere near.... maybe she meant rihannat n not rihanna
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by boss1310(m): 1:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
she didn't say they are on the same level o.most of the bloggers are like Nigerian governments since existence always saying one thing and doing the other

1 Like

Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
boss1310:
she didn't say they are on the same level o.most of the bloggers are like Nigerian governments since existence always saying one thing and doing the other
sir i need ur help.
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
Spiritually speaking...........they are mates....

Swimmers gang.....
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by BrutalJab: 6:43pm On Apr 21, 2017
pizzylee:
uhhh DTS so cute of her to say but she z not anywhere near.... maybe she meant rihannat n not rihanna

OKorowanta:
She's on wet cannabis.
Take her serious at your own peril.

littlewonders:
Who's deceiving this lady? How aunty Tiwa go dey compare this kind dis kind thing. Smh

unclezuma:
I'm sorry dear, but you're not.

veekid:
Is Tiwa high on coke?

SoftP:
@Fela girl, take a clue from Adele' her performance on stage is so unique and classic''' comparing urself with Rihana is like preaching the good news of Aba made to Gucci, two of them naa fashion, but one naa white wash grin

veekid:
Is Tiwa high on coke?

Did you guys even read what was written above there? SMH
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by Shadbay(m): 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2017
bossmeek:
Nigerian music icon, Tiwa Savage, has stated that she is delighted to sell the Nigerian and African brand to the global entertainment community, adding that she would not change the brand but work harder to present it better to the world.
Speaking Wednesday on the Morning Show of Arise Television, a sister broadcast station of THISDAY Newspapers, Savage who described herself as a modern-day Fela girl, argued that the late African beat icon's girls were misunderstood.
She stated that even when she sent her works to the United Kingdom (UK) and the rhythm could not be understood, she refused to change her style, adding that Nigerians and Africans were indeed learning to appreciate their own.
She said:
"If you don't try, you won't succeed. It is not time for me to relax and say that I am at the same level with Rihanna. I need to do my thing. I need the support of Nigerians and the whole continent.
When I go to the UK to perform, they appreciate us more than American artistes. We are learning to appreciate our own. It is so cool to be a Nigerian and African. The 'pidgin' english (an English-based pidgin and creole language spoken as a lingua franca across Nigeria) is there but we are trying to present it better to the world."
According to her, before she moved back to Nigeria in 2009, the music in Nigerian clubs was 70 percent American and only 30 percent Africans.
"But when I came back, it changed with the presence of D'banj, Tuface, Don Jazzy and the rest of Nigerian artistes. We did not care whether the rest of the world was listening or not," she added.

"I am delighted to sell the Nigerian brand; I don't need to change some of the songs. When I sent the rhythm to the UK and they did not understand, I don't need to change anything," she said.
The mother of one said her music was like Jollof rice.
"I am in love with Jollof rice. When I prepare it, I can dish it out anyhow and eat. But when you have a guest, you dish it out in a very special way. That is what we do in music," Savage explained.
On her plans for next year, the music icon pledged to work harder for Africans and the rest of the world, adding that she would increase her last year's efforts by 100 per cent to encourage African women.
She said she wanted to encourage African women to understand that getting married or having kids should not put an end to their career.
According to her:
"When you get married or have kids- it doesn't mean that your career has ended. Your career has just started. I worked under Don Jazzy who is extremely talented. If you look at his catalog, no two songs are the same. I cannot take all the credit. When I was pregnant, he was very understanding and very helpful. These guys were very understanding about women issues."
Speaking on Fela's girls, she argued that they were misunderstood, adding that people acknowledged the late Afro Beats' king as a godfather and forgot the women that added glamour to his music.
According to her, what Fela's girls did on stage was mere entertainment, which did not mean that they were loose off stage.
"These girls were misunderstood. What they did on stage was just entertainment. What they do on stage doesn't mean that they are loose off stage. People say Fela is godfather but people forget the women that added glamour to Fela's show," she said.
Savage explained further:
"When I performed initially in Nigeria, they screamed that it was too much; that it was too sexy. We are still fighting the same battle the Fela girls fought. There is no way a movie and entertainment will not have sexual scenes. The only thing we can do as Africans is to provide guidelines. You cannot stop an artiste from being sexual in entertainment."

Source: http://www.bossmeek.com.ng/2017/04/i-am-at-same-level-with-rihanna-tiwa.html?m=1

shocked Aunty Tiwa kontinu lying oo
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by SoftP(m): 9:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
BrutalJab:

Yea' intelligent pep dont read message body' with headlines, , u can tell the rhythm of a music

Did you guys even read what was written above there? SMH
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by Lordapson23(m): 9:50pm On Apr 21, 2017
Don't mind them.. It's either they didn't read or they just can't comprehend simple English.. Always lookin for the slightest excuse to jump down people's throat with criticism.. Retarded fools
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by yemoxyl(m): 10:18pm On Apr 21, 2017
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by yemoxyl(m): 10:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
op sef undecided..ur headline is misleading
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by mhile(m): 4:41am On Apr 22, 2017
U re seriously mad
Re: I Am At The Same Level With Rihanna - Tiwa Savage Boasts by siie: 10:22am On Apr 22, 2017
I knew it.. Some will type without reading and understanding what she meant in this article undecided

(1) (Reply)

Khloe Kardashian Sends Love To Nollywood Actress Mercy Aigbe. Photo / Smash Or Pass? Blac Chyna Showcases Plenty Of Side Boobs And Backside (photos) / "I'm Very Different From My Movie Roles, Future Husband Please Locate Me - Etiko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.