Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,868 members, 7,841,259 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Payola!naija Djs Collect Bribe More Than Nigerian Police Force - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Payola!naija Djs Collect Bribe More Than Nigerian Police Force (1407 Views)

PAYOLA: Is It Really Entirely Wrong To Pay Djs And Media Stations For P / Payola In Nigeria Music Industry / Ghana Rappers Are Better Than Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Payola!naija Djs Collect Bribe More Than Nigerian Police Force by seemama: 2:11am On Jan 04, 2010
most djs in nigeria will not play any song no matter how good it sounds in their ears if you dont give dem money,they wont be playing it .if u watch nigezie and other dubious tv stations,you will be wondering how some videos made it to tv, yes it is because they paid money ohhh,

lets name and shame djs and other people in the industry that collect bribe to do their job,

oyaaaa
Re: Payola!naija Djs Collect Bribe More Than Nigerian Police Force by ofokaofoki: 8:13am On Jan 04, 2010
thats a lie, if ur song is tight everyone will play it, it is wack songs that usually want to bribe . this thread makes no sense to me. am sorry to say that. even police sef dey collect money , no be where u dey work u go chop? grin grin
send ur video to channel-o str8 , they no dey collect bribe .!
Re: Payola!naija Djs Collect Bribe More Than Nigerian Police Force by DaBlaze: 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2010
Some songs on Nigeezie might seem wack to you, but somebody else likes them. Who died and made you a music critic? Some DJ's might take payola, but if a song is hot, they'll be stupid not to play it, because it makes them look bad. I'm sure you're just another disgruntled artist. Sorry if your jam wasn't good enough.
Re: Payola!naija Djs Collect Bribe More Than Nigerian Police Force by seemama: 1:03pm On Jan 04, 2010
omo go and ask many artist out there and they will tell u,i dont know if u know any artist that is making it now but the fact is that this djs dont care if ur song can be a hit,i dont want to mention the names of artist and hit songs that went through this problem but later the same djs were looking for the songs dat they rejected months before because of payola, now they want to play it cuz it is a hit,this djs are killing the industry,i wonder if yankee artists pay dem money toplay their song here in naija.
Re: Payola!naija Djs Collect Bribe More Than Nigerian Police Force by rapjunkie(m): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2010
seemama:

omo go and ask many artist out there and they will tell u,i dont know if u know any artist that is making it now but the fact is that this djs dont care if your song can be a hit,i dont want to mention the names of artist and hit songs that went through this problem but later the same djs were looking for the songs dat they rejected months before because of payola, now they want to play it cuz it is a hit,this djs are killing the industry,i wonder if yankee artists pay dem money toplay their song here in naija.

Why are you posting such a naive topic? Payola is nasty BUT is part and parcel of the music industry worldwide.

Didnt anybody tell you about it before you went to the studio to record ur tracks?

Please watch this: 

[flash=425,440]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eAoqn44I-I&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/flash]

(1) (Reply)

Terry G - Akpako Master Part Deux! (download Link) / Nigerian Girls - Hot New Single For Release Feb. 14. / Drop Ur Best Ever Naija Lyrics Line Here. Lets See Whose Kill It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.