Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm (970 Views)

Liverpool Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (2 - 3) On 11th March 2020 / Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid: UEFA Super Cup (2 - 4) On 15th August 2018 / Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid: UCL (3 - 0) On 2nd May 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by Sanchez01: 11:24am On Apr 21, 2017
Real Madrid host Atletico Madrid in what will be the first leg of the Champions League semifinals (Tuesday, 20:45 CET). Pepe, Coentrao and Gareth Bale are injured and won't be available, but otherwise Zidane has a fairly healthy roster and he will have plenty of options to choose from.

The French coach is expected to start Isco Alarcon behind Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo, although some reports from Spain suggest that Benzema could be dropped in favor of Marco Asensio, who would play on the right wing. However, the French attacker will almost surely be in the starting lineup unless he isn't fit enough to play.

[img]https://metrouk2.files./2017/05/mg_champions_league_madrids_comp.jpg?w=748&h=427&crop=1[/img]
Re: UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by SUPERPACK: 11:31am On Apr 21, 2017
madrid to win the cup again

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by Sanchez01: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2017
SUPERPACK:
madrid to win the cup again
History awaits! grin grin grin
Re: UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2017
A. Madrid dey come with revenge! grin
Re: UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by udatso: 4:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
Sanchez01 are you a Madrid fan. If you are, I can only feel pity for you cos come Sunday, we shall use Real Madrid to console ourselves for the uefa loss

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by Sanchez01: 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2017
udatso:
Sanchez01 are you a Madrid fan. If you are, I can only feel pity for you cos come Sunday, we shall use Real Madrid to console ourselves for the uefa loss
grin grin grin grin grin

Honestly, I can't wait. I don't see Barcelona beating us come Sunday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
Sanchez01:

grin grin grin grin grin

Honestly, I can't wait. I don't see Barcelona beating us come Sunday.

Lets wait and see
Re: UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by udatso: 9:44pm On Apr 23, 2017
Sanchez01 where are you. I told you victory is ours
Re: UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by Chikelue2000(m): 7:03am On Apr 25, 2017
will support A.Madrid dis time
Re: UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by Sanchez01: 9:18am On Apr 25, 2017
udatso:
Sanchez01 where are you. I told you victory is ours
grin grin grin

Lol... It was a well deserved win. I would have loved that any Barca player but Messi completed the brace angry
Re: UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by udatso: 10:47am On Apr 25, 2017
Sanchez01:

grin grin grin

Lol... It was a well deserved win. I would have loved that any Barca player but Messi completed the brace angry
Let me guess. Cr7 is your man.
Re: UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by Sanchez01: 4:55pm On May 02, 2017
Possible line-ups

Real Madrid: Navas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo; Kroos, Casemiro, Modrić; Isco, Benzema, Ronaldo.

Out: Bale (calf), Pepe (ribs)

Atlético: Oblak; Hernández, Godín, Savić, Filipe Luís; Ñíguez, Koke, Gabi, Carrasco; Griezmann, Gameiro.

Out: Juanfran (hamstring), Giménez (adductor), Fernández (knee)

Doubtful: Vrsaljko (knee)
Re: UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by Sanchez01: 4:55pm On May 02, 2017
What are they saying?

Zinedine Zidane has insisted his side are not the favourites, describing the tie as "50-50".

"We know each other very well," said the Real Madrid coach. "The rivalry with Atleti hasn't changed since I was a player. It's a derby in the capital. It's intense, but the rivalry remains the same.

"We need to do everything well tomorrow. If we do, then we'll see. Getting to the semis means you've done great so far but this is a new game," he added.

Re: UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by Sanchez01: 4:56pm On May 02, 2017
Diego Simeone, meanwhile, has put aside his tough nut image, admitting that he always feels "a bit scared before games."

"I'm isolated from everything, and with the tension it's normal," said the Atletico manager. "You've got a lot of responsibility and that gets bigger and bigger. I feel it facing any side – irrespective of the match and opposition.

"They'll come out strong as they always do at home. They can play in different systems with Isco, James, Asensio. They'll try and hurt us from the off. We need to be strong and stay as cool as possible. It'll be tight but hopefully we can take advantage of the spaces we create."

Re: UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by Sanchez01: 5:03pm On May 02, 2017
Head-to-Head

Match Facts

1. This is the fourth season in succession that these city rivals face off in the Champions League knockout phase; Atlético are yet to claim victory over Los Blancos during this recent run (D2 L2).

2. Atlético Madrid have reached the semi-finals of the Champions League for the third time in four seasons. They had never reached that stage previously (since 1992/93).

3. Real Madrid have reached the Champions League semis for the 7th consecutive season, a record in the history of the tournament.
Atlético Madrid have lost only one of their 10 Champions League games this season (W7 D2).

4. Real Madrid, alongside Juventus, are the only unbeaten team in this season’s Champions League (W7 D3). They have also only lost one of their last 12 knockout games (W8 D3), it was against Wolfsburg in April 2016 (0-2).

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid Today 2nd At 7:45pm by Sanchez01: 5:05pm On May 02, 2017
udatso:

Let me guess. Cr7 is your man.
My man, anytime, anyday. cool

(1) (Reply)

. / Javier Pastore, The Most Underrated Player In The World Today / Mourinho Vs Rikkard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.