Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu (54132 Views)

Spurs Coach Mauricio Pochettino Blasts Andre Villas-boas Harry Kane Title Claim / Manchester City Vs Tottenham: Walker An Enemy Of Spurs – Danny Rose / Real Madrid Get Huge Boost Ahead Of Spurs Champions League Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by robosky02(m): 4:05pm On Apr 21, 2017
ok
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 21, 2017
Bad week for Man U family
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by earthcrust: 4:07pm On Apr 21, 2017
World of uncertainty may His soul rest on peace
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by PDJT: 4:13pm On Apr 21, 2017
Another death today?

My thoughts are with his family & friends.

Rest on, Nwadiala!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by Johnsown1(m): 4:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
Guyman02:
Sad day for Nigeria sports lovers, losing several football fans in Calabar and Coach Ehiogu in England. cry cry

What really happened at calabar
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by lozanni(m): 4:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
Pejah:
Ipod

Souless yoots. Smh.
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by jbcul4ril(m): 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2017
It comes like a thief in the Night. That why we must commit our lives to Jesus. Any life lived without him is wasted. Dying without accepting our Lord Jesus is Hell Bound.
What is the use of suffering the challenges or enjoying the goodies of this life and lose your soul to the Devils Hell?

Accepting Jesus sincerely by asking him for forgiveness and commit the rest of your life time to him. Confess him as your lord and personal savior now and be save.

I hope the above message will not stand against you all on the last day if you shelve it off.

Jesus loves you.

God bless you
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by MirabelArode(f): 4:17pm On Apr 21, 2017
Bring him home and bury him according to Igbo customs. It's good he denied nigeria and settled for a better country, else he would have died like a nobody just like yekini and co. did.

RIP brotherly.
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by dammywapes(m): 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2017
TheLogicalMind:

BRO, STOP ACTING LIKE YOUR NAME
That reply is like putting one to the sword
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by dammywapes(m): 4:22pm On Apr 21, 2017
MirabelArode:
Bring him home and bury him according to Igbo customs. It's good he denied nigeria and settled for a better country, else he would have died like a nobody just like yekini and co. did.

RIP brotherly.
ur talk tire me cos u talk too much. lol. and 2 i know ur bro
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by EmekaBlue(m): 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
Rest in Peace nwanne
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by MirabelArode(f): 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2017
dammywapes:
ur talk tire me cos u talk too much. lol. and 2 i know ur bro

Tell me more....
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by dammywapes(m): 4:34pm On Apr 21, 2017
MirabelArode:

Tell me more....
That will b private
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by MirabelArode(f): 4:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
dammywapes:
That will b private
Say it here... you have my permission.
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by dammywapes(m): 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2017
MirabelArode:

Say it here... you have my permission.
No
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by oyetpel(m): 4:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
Its postponed not Cancelled.

And its actually Tottenham that postponed all their academy matches and that includes U23, to which Ehiogu is one of their coach.
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by goldedprince: 5:22pm On Apr 21, 2017
i thought they cancelled cos of death in calabar
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by Bluesearoll(m): 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
I LIKE THIS CLUB
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by seacoast(m): 8:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
Young03:
Ugo RIP

bt this phone iam fixing sinc morning no gree work

i no ft loose this money oo
Bia iga amakwa ihe na itooo? Lol.. Bring the phone to my hospital.
Re: Manchester United Cancel Match Following The Death Of Spurs Coach Ugo Ehiogu by gidjah(m): 8:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
robosky02:
who is Ugo Ehiogu?

Ugo Ehiogu full name is Ugochuku Ehiogu 3 November 1972 to Nigerian parents he was an English professional footballer, who played as a central defender from 1989 to 2009. He was the coach of the Tottenham Hotspur U-23 Team until his death in April 2017.

He played in the Premier League with lengthy spells at Aston Villa and Middlesbrough. He also played in the Football League for West Bromwich Albion, Leeds United and Sheffield United, as well as a spell in the Scottish Premier League with Rangers. He won a total of three Football League Cups, two with Aston Villa in 1994 and 1996, then with Middlesbrough in 2004. Ehiogu was an England international, with a record of 4 caps and 1 goal. In 2012, he came out of brief retirement by signing for non-league side Wembley to participate in the club's FA Cup games alongside other retired veteran players.

international career:
At international level Ugochuku Ehiogu Ehiogu dumped Nigeria for England, thus He made his senior England debut as a substitute against China on 23 May 1996, replacing Tony Adams after 76 minutes of a 3-0 win at the Workers' Stadium in Beijing. He went on to win another three caps and scored once for his country, a header in a 3–0 victory over Spain on 28 February 2001 at Villa Park.

Coaching career:
worked with the England under-20 football team in 2013 and was part of Peter Taylor's coaching team at the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup.[33] Following a period working part-time with the Tottenham Hotspur Academy[34] Ehiogu was appointed Under-21 Team coach as part of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. Academy in July 2014.[35]

Personal life:
After retiring Ehiogu founded his own record label, Dirty Hit.[

On 20 April 2017, Ehiogu collapsed due to a suspected heart attack at the Tottenham Hotspur training ground and was taken to hospital, where he died early the next morning at the age of 44, leaving behind his wife Gemma, a son Obi Jackson and daughter Jodie
thanks 4d expose, most of our younger foot ball lovers here might not know him while in his playing days,, met him in the early 90's , a very sociable personnel.RIP UNCLE UGO.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 World-class Players Who Rarely Get Injured / Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom / France Vs Nigeria: Women's Friendly - 8 - 0 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.