Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,494 members, 7,843,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

What Good Music Means To Me – Award Winning Artiste, Frankie Walter Reveals - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What Good Music Means To Me – Award Winning Artiste, Frankie Walter Reveals (295 Views)

Walter Anga Flaunts His New House (video, Photos) / Ese Walter Who Also Publicly Accused Pastor Fatoyinbo Of Rape Speaks / Maureen Waititu & Frankie Of Just Gym Maternity Photos Set Internet On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Good Music Means To Me – Award Winning Artiste, Frankie Walter Reveals by Triton1996(m): 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2017
Multi-talented Artiste, Frankie Walter is no doubt on who has become a force to reckon with in the industry judging by the kind of sound he produces and the kind of voice he is blessed with. His latest release ‘Mr Damola’ which the video just came out some months back has been rocking the airwave.

In an Interview with Osho Oluwatosin, he talked about his career, challenges, and his next plan as regards his music career.
Excerpts Below:
Q- My name is Osho Oluwatosin, Can i meet you?
R – My name is Frankie Walter AKA Mr Damola, I’m a singer, song writer, voice actor, my career is all about music. Music is life to me, it’s not just a gift, it’s not just a hubby, It’s life to everything to me
Q – How long have you been in the music industry?
R –I’ve been in the industry for like ten years now and if i tell you it has been smooth all through, i’ll be lying to you, i’ve had the up side of it and the down side of my career but so far, it’s been good, God Has been Good.
Q – Can you mention some of the challenges that you faced?
R – When i was starting in the music industry, i faced some of the challenges every artiste who was trying to come up faced, challenges like you wanting to record a song and you don’t have the money, or maybe you have the money but it’s not up to what they will collect in the studio and you are worried if you still want to do music, you have the zeal but you don’t have the money to do it, and it takes a whole lot for someone to believe in you to the point of wanting to invest in you. We have times when you record a song and you don’t have the money to promote it so what is the use of recording when you can’t promote it, it can be demoralizing, discouraging if you are not passionate about the music thing, you might give up before time.
Q – So how were you able to overcome these challenges?
R - First, God, two, Determination, i don’t believe in giving up, i don’t do that, i believe in whatever i want to do, i should do it well and once i set my heart and my mind to do something, until i get it done, i don’t rest.
Q – What is your definition of Good music?
R – Good music is the kind of song i hear and it calms me down first, two, there is a message, three, a song that is evergreen, four, a song my kids, 10 years from now can listen to and it’s still fresh in their ears, because it has something and it’s still telling them till then.
Q – In the next five years, where do you see yourself?
R – Huge, i see myself really huge, five years is even too much, i see lot of awards, notable awards globally, not only Africa, Grammy awards, BET Awards, NMVA, lot of them and the name Frankie Walter is a name every child on the street will know.
Q – Who are those you’ve worked with since you started?
R – I’ve worked with lot of artiste, I’ve done something with Vector, that’s the next track we dropping, I’ve worked with Chuddy K, We’ve not dropped that one, I’ve worked with Jumabee, with Dede Senior, he’s yet to launch out, watch out for him, I’ve worked with quite a number of people.
Q - What are your plans for 2017?
R – 2017, We will drop a lot of beautiful songs, audio and videos to accompany them back to back, I’m just going to feed my fans with Good Music and Videos, we’ve waited for too long.
Q – Who are those you look up to in the industry?
R – I’ve always been a Tracy Chapman fan, she’s not a Nigerian. In Nigeria, I’m not just saying this, i know what I’m saying, i respect 2face a lot, i respect his longevity, creativity, I respect his touch, he’s one of the people that respect good music, I don’t know why I keep mentioning Johnny Drille, One of the artiste Don Jazzy Just signed, he’s my good friend, shout out to him and there are so many people i respect, i learn things from everyone.
Q – In the music industry today, a lot of artiste leave their record labels controversially, what do you think is the cause of that and do you feel you will be exiting you label soon?
R – The truth is i believe people have reasons as to why they do what they do, if you feel the way you guys started, there’s need for the contract to be reviewed because things have changed and maybe your label are not listening to you and you want to change that contract or terminate it with them. People have their reasons but for me, I’m very good with my label for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AF4q-9Ng-k

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

#music: Burna Boy – Rock Your Body (prod. By Juls) / Singer Sean Tizzle Set To Be A Father In August / Random Act Of Kindness Nigerian Man Amb Dion Osagie Dashing Money To Labourers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.