Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Open Letter To Futo Management - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Open Letter To Futo Management (605 Views)

Check List: FUTO Management Expels 10, Rusticates 103 See Reasons! / An Open Letter To Futo Management / FUTO Management Decision On March 17th Students Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Futo Management by patoxx: 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
http://www.patogist.com/2017/04/open-letter-to-futo-management.html

On 20th of April 2016, Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) got the shocker news of the year that each students is to pay a sum of 12,500 for the damages caused during the protest on 17th of February 2016. One Mr Hanyanwuh Chukwukadibia has taken to his facebook page to write an open letter to the Vice Councillor on behalf of every students of Futo

It Reads..

*OPEN LETTER TO FUTO MANAGEMENT*
Dear V.C and the management team,I bring you greetings in the euphoria of Easter.

I want to use this special medium to commend your efforts to ensure students return back to campus as soonest for the completion of the harmattan semester 2016/2017 Session.
But Sir,we due respect I must condemn you inhuman decisions that are engrossed with so much greed and wickedness.

We the students of this great Citadel of learning have tried our best to remain peaceful after the Feb 17th incidence but am sorry to say that you are taking our quietness fore granted.
First was your no bike policy which we are yet to see your alternative because as for your Moluwe called Shuttle,its not an option at all.
Secondly is the expulsion of Six final year Students.
Sir if I may ask,how will you feel if your won in final year is expelled because he decided to speak out when things were going wrong.
Where on earth do you pass judgement on people without trial?
Am sorry to say that for barely 8months in office you have demonstrated noting but tyranny in your leadership.
To worsen the matter you came up with the worst decision which is imposition of damage fee of #12,500 on us .
My V.c sir,to the best of my knowledge, futo admits average of 5,000 students yearly totaling up to 25,000 futoites and each student is meant to pay #12,500.
If I know my Mathematics Very well this sums up to #312,500,000.
What on earth did we damage?
Glasses and system in ICT is it what amounts to this?
Now am beginning to believe the rumour that you sold all you have just to assume the position of Ordinary V.C.
Don't think you have achieved anything.
Your mate somewhere is a Governor, Senator what have you and here you are thinking that the position of V.C is that of gate keeper in heaven.
God is watching.
My V.c sir,to the best of my knowledge, in other institutions students pay their school fees even after final year exams during clearance.
Why is our own different. Why are we paying higher that our sister schools yet you force us to pay before we can write *first semester* exams.
With due respect sir,for peace to reign, kindly call back the "expelled students", reduce our tuition fees and the so called damage fee to maximum of #5000 else FUTO will cease to exist because there will be no futo without students or lectures.
Thank you and God bless you and give you the grace to have more sense.
*ATTACHED BELLOW ARE THE CONDITIONS FOR RESUMPTION*
*CONDITIONS FOR RESUMPTION*
We the Concerned Student's Futo after our close door meeting yesterday have agreed to resume school under the following Conditions
1-Mr.FC Eze reduces Futo Tuition Fees to a bearable amount
2.That a standard Shuttle system be introduced in the school to replace the banned bike and not the moluwe you call Shuttle
3.That the expelled Students be called back with immediate effect
4.That the damage fee be reduce to #5,000
Sir Once these conditions are met,you kindly inform us for resumption else remain in school alone.
Thanks
Yours in Service
Chairman
CONCERNED STUDENTS
(07088567809)

https://web./369180863252583/

Re: Open Letter To Futo Management by patoxx: 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2017

Re: Open Letter To Futo Management by BlackDBagba: 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
Noted. Will pass on. cool
Re: Open Letter To Futo Management by patoxx: 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Transfer / 2017 David Oyedepo Foundation Essay Competition Scholarship Award Apply Now / Which Private Universities Offer Accounting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.