Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,745 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Please Lawyers,on What Ground Can You Be Evicted? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Lawyers,on What Ground Can You Be Evicted? (441 Views)

Psquare Splits Over Critical Quarel At Lawyers' Office Today - Nasarawareports. / Share Your Embarrassing Moment You Felt The Ground Should Swallow You / Top 10 Richest Lawyers In Nigeria - Law Repository Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Lawyers,on What Ground Can You Be Evicted? by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 22, 2017
A friend of mine is having troubles.
His landlord insist he should leave his house and he has been harassing him with a lawyer.
Now, he pays 4000 per month for the room he uses.
So he owe 8000 balance for last year.
So this year,since January,the lawyer just started coming with series of eviction letter.
Then he gave them 20k.(payed his arrears) and 12k to cover for jan-March. So he decided to give them another give another 20k for another 5months and the landlord told him he has increased his rent to 6k per month without prior notice. He didn't collect the 20k what he saw was a court summon.
Pls in this type of situation what can he do? This is happening in Ilorin kwara state.

Cc lalasticlala pls help move this to fp so lawyers in the house could advise him.
Re: Please Lawyers,on What Ground Can You Be Evicted? by BlackDBagba: 10:06am On Apr 22, 2017
So... you want free legal advice? This is a serious issue. Ask for the details of a lawyer based in Kwara and you'll see the landlord take to his heels.

P.s: some lawyers can handle it pro bono too.
Re: Please Lawyers,on What Ground Can You Be Evicted? by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 22, 2017
BlackDBagba:
So... you want free legal advice? This is a serious issue. Ask for the details of a lawyer based in Kwara and you'll see the landlord take to his heels.

P.s: some lawyers can handle it pro bono too.
oh ok I thought it is something they can give me am advice on.

(1) (Reply)

Study In China / Anti-corruption War: Northern Group Writes Buhari, Accuses Him Of Bias / Pls Who Has Experience With Iwriter.com Pls I Nrd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.