Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Are Xiaomi phones fake? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Are Xiaomi phones fake? (2063 Views)

How Good Are Xiaomi Phones / Should You Buy Xiaomi Phones...? / Gionee Phones Vs Xiaomi Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Xiaomi phones fake? by mikeycharles(m): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2017
The main reason​ why Xiaomi phones (even their flagship devices) are cheap is because they don't spend money in advertising their​ phones, their phones are soley advertised on social media platforms hence, making the phones affordable with great specs.

1 Like

Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by Dam5reey(m): 10:31am On Apr 22, 2017
mikeycharles:
The main reason​ why Xiaomi phones (even their flagship devices) are cheap is because they don't spend money in advertising their​ phones, their phones are only advertised on social media platforms making the phones affordable.

You made the points already...
Make tecno and co they sell their phones on aliexpress too, we no need their shops, make them have carlcare in every states

2 Likes

Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by mikeycharles(m): 10:48am On Apr 22, 2017
Dam5reey:

You made the points already...
Make tecno and co they sell their phones on aliexpress too, we no need their shops, make them have carlcare in every states
grin tecno and Co. Their phones​ are trash compared to phones on Alixpress

3 Likes

Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by Protein0: 11:11am On Apr 22, 2017
mikeycharles:
The main reason​ why Xiaomi phones (even their flagship devices) are cheap is because they don't spend money in advertising their​ phones, their phones are only advertised on social media platforms making the phones affordable.

Op, kndly reframe the topic of this thread to be in tandem with its theme.
Make it look interrogative sir.
"Are xiaomi phones fake?"

Ur primary post is the answer. grin
One love

1 Like

Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by mikeycharles(m): 11:14am On Apr 22, 2017
Protein0:

Op, kndly reframe the topic of this thread to be in tandem with its theme.
Make it look interrogative sir.
"Are xiaomi phones fake?"

Ur primary post is the answer. grin
One love
thanks
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by Protein0: 11:18am On Apr 22, 2017
mikeycharles:
thanks

Kudos boss. kiss
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by NCP: 11:30am On Apr 22, 2017
Tecno Fans Nigtmares

Compare Your UnUpgradeble Tecno With These Xiaomi Coy Facts

Xiaomi is the world's 5th largest smartphone maker. The company has over 8,000 employees.

Xiaomi is 4th world's most valuable technology start-up after it received US$1.1 billion funding from investors, making Xiaomi's valuation more than US$46 billion.

cc
Chicwoman
Xhaka et al

1 Like

Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 22, 2017
mikeycharles:

Sorry to ask, but have you been to China, Indonesia or India (their primary markets) to know that they advertise their phones only on social media?
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by mikeycharles(m): 11:49am On Apr 22, 2017
Why are Xiaomi phones so cheap with a good hardware?

Unlike other brands xiaomi never runs behind advertising or offline sales. When you try to compare it its rivals like vivo and oppo(not including Samsung because it invests a lot in R&grin), you come to know that these brands price around ₹4000–5000 more for similar device. The reason is they do a hell lot of advertising and their main focus is on offline stores. So, they have to employ a lot of people, make sellers to package them by providing some packages, rewards e.tc[url][/https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Xiaomi-phones-so-cheap-with-a-good-hardware]
Sorry to ask, but have you been to China, Indonesia or India (their primary markets) to know that they advertise their phones only on social media?[/quote]
Ggf
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by Tallesty1(m): 12:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
Dexter247:

Sorry to ask, but have you been to China, Indonesia or India (their primary markets) to know that they advertise their phones only on social media?
"We don't want to lose money on each piece of hardware sold, but we don't want to add money on top of [the cost of manufacturing and overhead] either."

Wang says that Apple, Samsung, Oppo and Huawei use the traditional business model of marking up pricing and use a chunk of that profit to pay for marketing.

"We don't want to do that. We want to show that our business model of offering high performance hardware at affordable prices is still the best business model."

Wang said this at the launch of MI 6

4 Likes

Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by mikeycharles(m): 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
Tallesty1:
"We don't want to lose money on each piece of hardware sold, but we don't want to add money on top of [the cost of manufacturing and overhead] either."

Wang says that Apple, Samsung, Oppo and Huawei use the traditional business model of marking up pricing and use a chunk of that profit to pay for marketing.

"We don't want to do that. We want to show that our business model of offering high performance hardware at affordable prices is still the best business model."

You've said it all

1 Like

Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by mikeycharles(m): 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
Tallesty1:

You've said it all
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2017
Tallesty1:

What concerns me with his speech at the Mi6 launch..
Xiaomi however engaged in TV commercials and Newspaper prints adverts in order to advertise xiaomi devices in India and Indonesia.
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
mikeycharles:
Why are Xiaomi phones so cheap with a good hardware?

Unlike other brands xiaomi never runs behind advertising or offline sales. When you try to compare it its rivals like vivo and oppo(not including Samsung because it invests a lot in R&grin), you come to know that these brands price around ₹4000–5000 more for similar device. The reason is they do a hell lot of advertising and their main focus is on offline stores. So, they have to employ a lot of people, make sellers to package them by providing some packages, rewards e.tc[url][/https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Xiaomi-phones-so-cheap-with-a-good-hardware]
Ggf

Fact, but my emphasis is on the word you used - "only", they advertise mostly on social media but not solely.. Take note
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by mikeycharles(m): 5:43pm On Apr 22, 2017
Dexter247:

Fact, but my emphasis is on the word you used - "only", they advertise mostly on social media but not solely.. Take note
okay
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by julioralph(m): 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2017
mikeycharles:
The main reason​ why Xiaomi phones (even their flagship devices) are cheap is because they don't spend money in advertising their​ phones, their phones are soley advertised on social media platforms hence, making the phones affordable.
Bros no vex but u be techno marketer

1 Like

Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by mikeycharles(m): 7:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
julioralph:

Bros no vex but u be techno marketer
I rather die
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
i'm thinking of joining the xiaomi family. mi max prime shld be my next device.
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by jeepcyyy: 8:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by mikeycharles(m): 9:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
crotonite:
i'm thinking of joining the xiaomi family. mi max prime shld be my next device.
I'm planning on getting one too, the specs are to die for.
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 22, 2017
mikeycharles:
I'm planning on getting one too, the specs are to die for.
the phone is a beast...6.44" display, massive battery, 4g lte, snapdragon soc ...i'm in love with her specs. wish i could easily get in nigeria without going through the stress of ordering for it online and waiting.
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by mikeycharles(m): 9:48pm On Apr 22, 2017
crotonite:
the phone is a beast...6.44" display, massive battery, 4g lte, snapdragon soc ...i'm in love with her specs. wish i could easily get in nigeria without going through the stress of ordering for it online and waiting.
quality you can afford
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
mikeycharles:
quality you can afford
On point. cool
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by humblesteve(m): 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2017
Very great phone. Thank God I was opportune to use xiaomi and other Chinese brands
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by Protein0: 12:05am On Apr 23, 2017
crotonite:

dhl will deliver it faster.
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 23, 2017
Protein0:

dhl will deliver it faster.
do they charge much?
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by Youngzedd(m): 9:50am On Apr 23, 2017
Tallesty1:

I like this.
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by mikeycharles(m): 10:20am On Apr 23, 2017
The MI 6

Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by mikeycharles(m): 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2019
UPDATE
Their phones are not cheap due to only promotions and advertisements but they are cheap since they make use of budget phone chips and emphasized mainly on copying other phone brands since they can't spend a dime in coming up with their own innovations.
They made sure to create a buzz early on concerning the familiarity's often drawn out by iPhone users, this led to so many users trying out their devices. I have a review coming out about the whole Redmi Note 7 and it's false 48 megapixel claims, so be sure to check that out.
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by Blastedholligan: 4:45pm On Jan 22, 2019
mikeycharles:
The main reason​ why Xiaomi phones (even their flagship devices) are cheap is because they don't spend money in advertising their​ phones, their phones are soley advertised on social media platforms hence, making the phones affordable with great specs.
cos it's affordable doesn't make it fake
Re: Are Xiaomi phones fake? by Blastedholligan: 4:48pm On Jan 22, 2019
Dexter247:

What concerns me with his speech at the Mi6 launch..
Xiaomi however engaged in TV commercials and Newspaper prints adverts in order to advertise xiaomi devices in India and Indonesia.
but not in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Tecno CX Air Or L9 Plus / Watch/stream Unlimited Movies For Free On Airtel Using Nuvu App / Frustration Mounts Over The Delayed Released Of The Redmi Note 9 Pro In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.