Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:03 PM

Quick/simple Approach To Solving Quadratic Equation Involving Factorization Meth - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Quick/simple Approach To Solving Quadratic Equation Involving Factorization Meth (385 Views)

Derive A Frequency Equation For Me Please. / This App Can Scan And Solve Maths Equation Instantly / Superb Maths Equation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quick/simple Approach To Solving Quadratic Equation Involving Factorization Meth by Skilme(m): 3:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
Quick/Simple Approach To Solving Quadratic Equation Involving Factorization Method

If; ax2 + bx + c = 0------------(i)
ax2 + (α+β)x + c = 0 ----(ii)

Note: From equation (ii) b= α+β
Product of the coefficient of x2 'a' and the constant 'c' = a.c
Considering a.c: the two factors of a.c which when added gives the coefficient of x
Let the two factors be α and β
The solution to the quadratic equation will now be :
x=(additive inverse of ∝)/(coefficient of x2 i.e a)
OR
x=(additive inverse of β)/(coefficient of x2 i.e a)

In short;

x=∝(add.inv)/a
OR
x= β(add.inv)/a
a is the coefficient of x2 , ∝and β are the factors of the product of the coefficient of x2 i.e a, and the constant 'c'
Examples
Consider these two sets of quadratic equation :
x2 - 3x - 4 = 0 ;
2x2 - 3x - 5 = 0
From the first equation the coefficient of x2 is 1
Multiplying the coefficient of the x2 with the constant -4, (1×-4) gives -4
The next thing that follows is having two factors of the -4 which when added gives -3 which is the coefficient of x
The two factors are -4 and +1
So the solution to it will be additive inverse of -4 and additive inverse of +1 which are +4 and-1
The second equation follows the same procedure but here we consider the coefficient of the x2 because it's not 1 this time around
We multiply the coefficient by the constant which is 2 × -5 = -10
The two factors of -10 which when added gives the coefficient of x are -5 + 2 = -3
So the solution to the answer will now be additive inverse of -5 divided by the coefficient of x2 which is 2 and the additive inverse of +2 divided by the coefficient of x2 >> Ans, x = (+5)/2=2 1/2 or x = (-2)/2 = -1

Please note: This approach applies to the quadratic equation only factorization method can solve

By OJELABI OLUWASEYI( Bsc Industrial Chemistry)

1 Like

Re: Quick/simple Approach To Solving Quadratic Equation Involving Factorization Meth by notobiafrababe(f): 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
unfortunately thr is no board n marker

(1) (Reply)

7 Simple Tips To Become A Smartphone Typing Guru / Autocad Training / Request A Ride And Get To Your Destination In Minutes With Matatu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.