Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him (25790 Views)

10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On / Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On / 7 Years After Dagrin Died, These Are 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by akom0908(m): 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
shadrach77:
Overrated...ya'll trying to turn him to 9ja's Tupac. His rapping was just there cry kiss undecided lipsrsealed
sometimes I just wish say mtn stop dashing people 10mb and instead sell 1.5gb or more,people like dis for no dey browse.Ode

3 Likes

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by chronique(m): 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
shadrach77:
Overrated...ya'll trying to turn him to 9ja's Tupac. His rapping was just there cry kiss undecided lipsrsealed

Naah. He was never overrated. Trust me. Da grin was so good that he once had about 8 shows(performances and guest appearance to grace) in one day. I know this cos he was supposed to be at my event on that particular day but couldn't make it.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by praisekeyzz(m): 1:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
0b10010011:
If person own no spoil, person own no fit good

Olamide for no blow if Da'grin no die
ehen?

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by LordOfNaira: 1:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
Dagrin was just impeccable. He had the swag, the composure, a deep understanding of the Yoruba language, the delivery.

I fell in love with his rap on the very first day I heard the first rap verse of his "Kondo" song. Before Dagrin, my guys and I then used to rap in English. But the day we all started listening to Dagrin, we started finding indigenous rap wonderful. No Nigerian indigenous rapper of today comes close to Dagrin. His flows, his swags, that unique laughter that always seemed to mock the beats, his confident intros are just too good.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by imam07: 1:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
Those that are saying Dagrin can't sing, is either u did not know him because u were in village that doesn't have lite or u be deaf and dumb. Dagrin songs that old , young,male and female listen to. All naija music artist wanted to colabo with him.

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Carter4luv(m): 1:42pm On Apr 23, 2017
Naija 2pac

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 23, 2017
RIP DaGrin. May your soul continue to rest in peace. You were and still are irreplaceable.

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Stevengerd(m): 1:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
If Persin Die 7years Ago And People Stil Dey Talk About Am. I Just Dey Reason If Olamide Kon Die Today, He Go Be National Issue...
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by vickylincon(m): 1:49pm On Apr 23, 2017
Day11:
Barrack Ogrin angry
He gives birth to sweet raps that you can even dance to.
--You can dance to dis-- 'Mummy mi, o si nile 'Daddy mi, o si nile 'Emi ni kan mo wan le
it goes on. cheesy
oya, complete am
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Beebase(m): 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
You want to leave on even when you are dead? Do some shit people will appreciate today and then people will forever remember you...
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by husseinjnr: 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
shadrach77:
Ko ni da fun awon iyalaya e.
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Tapout(m): 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
femi4:
Ode!
Dagrin is Dagrin...and Badoo is Badoo. You can't call Dagrin badoo and vise versa. Their styles are different.

OK sir!! Thanks smiley
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Omar09(m): 2:42pm On Apr 23, 2017
Writer spotted grin cool
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by holuwajobar(m): 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2017
He is nt like sumpple dah wil b shoutin and dy wil say dy r singin....wetin concern me sha...dem dy see deir money
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by olusledge: 2:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
femi4:
lol....last time i checked i wrote hit track
okay my mistake
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by samwise180(m): 2:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
listening to one of his songs Ghetto dreams like he knew he was going to die. R.I.P Dagrin Barrack O Grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Ortarico(m): 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2017
shadrach77:

You're pained because you will never make an impact in society. And you can bet it the late rapper would continue to be remembered as long as his lyrics still touch lives!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by salford: 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2017
olusledge:
ajasa came before dagrin agreed but dagrin set the standard ..compare ajasa rhymes and flows to dagrin ....olamide currently is still following dagrins template too
olamide sounds like a very poor imitation of dagrin.

imam07:
Those that are saying Dagrin can't sing, is either u did not know him because u were in village that doesn't have lite or u be deaf and dumb. Dagrin songs that old , young,male and female listen to. All naija music artist wanted to colabo with him.
Dont mind them.
Dagrins style is very similar to Drake...he sings and raps e.g kondo, if i die, idi nla and others were combination of rapping and singing.

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Ortarico(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
femi4:
You are wrong...Lords of Ajasa set the standard. Listen to "Otiya" by lord of Ajasa and you ll bow

I beg to differ! You listen to 'Virus' where both rapped and compare.
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by marcoreus(m): 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
I f*cking love dis guy..He is d best ever..lyrical were..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by marcelin(m): 3:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
Dagrin is dead but his manhood still lives on
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by herlarho(m): 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
When did he die
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
herlarho:
When did he die

Ask Google.com

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by olusledge: 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
salford:

olamide sounds like a very poor imitation of dagrin.

Dont mind them.
Dagrins style is very similar to Drake...he sings and raps e.g kondo, if i die, idi nla and others were combination of rapping and singing.
sure i agree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Thryphosa(m): 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
A very fine, genuine and talented rapper. To me, he was the Nigerian version of Tupac. RIP Olaitan.

1 Like

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by Krisddon: 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
0b10010011:
If person own no spoil, person own no fit good

Olamide for no blow if Da'grin no die
Bros, I no gree oh. Shey even now wey Olamide be numba one indiginious Yoruba rapper shey other Yoruba rappers no dey make am ni? Reminisce even get endorsements pass Olamide, no be by noise. But I must say that Olamide was destined for greatness I love d guy.
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by posterity(m): 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
Dagrin was a cynosure in a budding indigenous rap industry. But Yoruba hiphop died the day dagrin was laid to rest. I see articles online asking and comparing artises who has lived up to Dagrins legacy, but i cringe and stutter in dismay because such comparisons are ludicrous. Its obvious am an avowed fan of dagrin, and i always reminisce what would have been had he not meet his inexorable death. For me one thing is sure though, some chasms are not meant to be filled,and the great akogun is one of those who has left a gaping abyss in the anals of 9ja indigenous rap industry. I will forever remain nostalgic when i listen to his songs becos it takes me to an eerie place where i feel transcendental abt life's issues. Is it pon pon pon, everyday, ghetto dream, thank God, which ever song u listen to he did not shy away from talking abt social issues and his upbringing. Am tempted to say he was real,but dat word wouldnt cut it, because dagrin was an idealist was dreamt of a better life even when he was in squalor and under he snare of poverty.

He truly has lyrics like a machine gun that's why he called himself lyrical wehrey. Wehrey in dis context does not stand for d Yoruba word mad,rather it denotes madness. So Dagrin was in state of lyrical madness, he was swimming in lyrical abundance that was beyond the gamut of the average rap artist in nigeria. In fact i could postulate that he saw rap reality and knew rap was a tool for him to reach millions of young boys and girls, which he did emphatically in his ghetto dreams, reminiscing about what he has gone through. And for every man who sees reality, an iota of madness is a concomitant symptom.

He was not the kind of omoita who did not believe in hard work, he was not the kind of omoita who believe in expropriating things from others. Rather he was the omoita that believe in hope, even though forlorn and who had confidence in his abilities to alleviate himself through his lyrics. He was d omoita who kept his eyes on the pacific and the horizon, because he believed in unlimitedness and d power of his dream. Dagrin was a giant in an arena previously dominated by pgymies. And his greatest legacy was that he bequeathed an unadulterated indigenous rap industry to his scions and pretentious heirs.
Farewell dagrin: da greatest rapper in nigeria, and dis acronym is not make believe, image laundering or window dressing.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by shadrach77: 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
husseinjnr:
Ko ni da fun awon iyalaya e.

Iya e lo m bawI
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by shadrach77: 4:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
Ortarico:

You're pained because my father will never make an impact in society. And you can bet it the late rapper would continue to be remembered as long as his lyrics still touch lives!

grin grin
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by shadrach77: 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
akom0908:

sometimes I just wish say mtn stop dashing people 10mb and instead sell 1.5gb or more,people like dis for no dey browse.Ode

Your fada!
Re: 7 Years After, DAGRIN Still Lives On” - See What People Are Saying About Him by roeb1987(m): 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2017
original street boy...RIP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kehinde Bankole Welcomes A Baby In The UK? / Denrele's Emotional Tribute To Goldie / A Nairalander With Kwam1, Foluke-Daramola, Shan-George & Emeka-Ike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.