Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,953 members, 7,828,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Hit And Run By A DPO At Elele - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hit And Run By A DPO At Elele (635 Views)

Grandma Flogged By A DPO In Edo, In Coma (Photos) / Format Of Drugs, Job & Sex Trafficking Scam Run By Nigerians In South Africa. / Young Man Beheaded In Elele, Rivers State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hit And Run By A DPO At Elele by mesoprogress(m): 2:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
As I was travelling back from Imo state to Port Harcourt, a white Hilux with tinted glasses made a dangerous over take hitting my vehicle(with my children inside) in the process. This happened at the boundary, but in Rivers side.

My thinking was that the vehicle would stop, but to my utter surprise, it continued speeding at more than 150km/h. There were up to five check points between boundary and Elele roundabout. My thinking was that I would meet the vehicle at the next check point. The vehicle continued speeding through check points without being stopped. Finally he was slowed by other vehicles, causing a little traffic. At that point, I managed to pass the Hilux and stopped at the next check point, blocking the road intentionally, telling the police men on duty that there was a hit and run vehicle coming behind. This checkpoint is immediately after Madonna University entrance road.

The mobile men swung into action. They asked me to pack well. To my greatest surprise, when they saw the vehicle, they did nothing. In fact, the occupants of the vehicle that hit me dropped their indented vehicle and continued their journey with the mobile police vehicle on standby.

It was at that point the mobile men told me that he is their DPO, that commissioner of police visited his station in his absence, and he was rushing to meet up.

They now told me to drive down to their station, close to Elele roundabout, that perhaps he might pay for the repair. I was furious and asked how can he hit a vehicle with little children and he couldn't even stop?

The mobile men laughed and said they talking about commissioner and I'm talking about children. He said that even if he hit and killed people, he would not have stopped because the commissioner was waiting for him.

I was really tired at this point, I just left them and continued on my journey. I wonder how our policemen are trained with no regard even to children's life.

Perhaps the DPO did not want to enter his station without police vehicle, and the unmarked accidented white hilux might beg some questions from commissioner. This is what I met today.
Re: Hit And Run By A DPO At Elele by DreamChaser2000: 2:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
How about the damage bro? Did they compensate you at least?
Re: Hit And Run By A DPO At Elele by mesoprogress(m): 2:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
DreamChaser2000:
How about the damage bro? Did they compensate you at least?

Did not bother to go to their station. A DPO that didn't care to stop after hitting me. There wasn't much damage. Those guys are criminals
Re: Hit And Run By A DPO At Elele by DreamChaser2000: 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
mesoprogress:

Did not bother to go to their station. A DPO that didn't care to stop after hitting me. There wasn't much damage. Those guys are criminals

Wow that's awful bro. Sorry to hear that.
Re: Hit And Run By A DPO At Elele by Tapout(m): 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
The mobile men laughed and said they talking about commissioner and I'm talking about children. He said that even if he hit and killed people, he would not have stopped because the commissioner was waiting for him

wow!! Just wow!!! ... What a country
cry
Re: Hit And Run By A DPO At Elele by SUPERPACK: 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
if na me i go just drive to the next church for an emergency thanks giving service, it is nt easy to survive such accident nt to talk of ur children in the car.
Re: Hit And Run By A DPO At Elele by mesoprogress(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
DreamChaser2000:

Wow that's awful bro. Sorry to hear that.

Thanks bro
Re: Hit And Run By A DPO At Elele by smellingmenses: 5:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
Go there and meet with him. Don't be aggressive or confrontational.... It could be the beginning of an interesting relationship. But first of all delete this blackmail thread

(1) (Reply)

18 Years After: How Wale Omole’s Cultists Murdered Afrika, 4 Other OAU Students / Hi-tech Prison Break : U.s Prisoner Escapes From Maximum Sec. Prison Using Drone / Blood Like Water, Badoo’cult’ Killings Spark Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.