Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,108 members, 7,818,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? (4532 Views)

Gabriel Olarenwaju Akinyemi, 60-Year-Old UTME Candidate Wants To Study Pharmacy / How To Confirm/know If Your O'level Result Has Been Uploaded On Jamb Portal / Between Unizik And UNN, Which Is A Better Place To Study Pharmacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by HIScraziness(m): 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hey guys! My younger brother would love to study pharmacy in one of the most competitive federal schools in Nigeria here and I seriously have doubts if he stands a chance with this o'level result below.... (Knowing how competitive pharmacy itself is)

Please have in mind that Nigerian universities no longer use Post Utme I.e jamb score + grades from o'level result

Cc: fynestboi

1 Share

Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by ekim004(m): 2:40pm On Apr 24, 2017
Wait am coming let me ask buhari
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by HIScraziness(m): 2:46pm On Apr 24, 2017
ekim004:
Wait am coming let me ask buhari

angry angry
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2017
Yes. But why did he refuse to go for yoruba exam? Could have also had an opportunity in herbal pharmacy.
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by HIScraziness(m): 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2017
ismokeweed:
Yes. But why did he refuse to go for yoruba exam? Could have also had an opportunity in herbal pharmacy.

Tnx but he ain't Yoruba undecided
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by ndidibabe(f): 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
Nigerians and show off. You are probably trying to show off your brother's good result because there is no reasonable reason for you to think this result might not be good enough to be admitted to study pharmarcy.

9 Likes

Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2017
ismokeweed:
grin
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by ndidibabe(f): 4:49pm On Apr 24, 2017
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by HIScraziness(m): 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2017
ndidibabe:
Nigerians and show off. You are probably trying to show off your brother's good result because there is no reasonable reason for you to think this result might not be good enough to be admitted to study pharmarcy.

The way Nigerians reason can be funny tho. We all know there are students with far better results, so there's no showing off here.
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 25, 2017
HIScraziness:
Hey guys! My younger brother would love to study pharmacy in one of the most competitive federal schools in Nigeria here and I seriously have doubts if he stands a chance with this o'level result below.... (Knowing how competitive pharmacy itself is)

Please have in mind that Nigerian universities no longer use Post Utme I.e jamb score + grades from o'level result

Cc: fynestboi
His result is perfect for the course, yes he can study it.

1 Like

Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by HIScraziness(m): 9:16am On Apr 25, 2017
MhizTenderly:
His result is perfect for the course, yes he can study it.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by NL1960: 9:44am On Apr 25, 2017
ndidibabe:

HIScraziness:

The way Nigerians reason can be funny tho. We all know there are students with far better results, so there's no showing off here.

It is not a matter of the way Nigerians reasons. It is a matter of the way you reason. I support what @ndidibabe said. Did you check the requirements for studying Pharmacy in any University before rushing to post your brother's result here?. There is what is called JAMB brochure where all universities have their requirements for every course. Anybody that has five(5) credits including English and Maths along with the relevant three(3) subjects combination can study the particular course. Your younger brother has Bs and Cs in Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology and you are here asking if he can study Pharmacy with the result. When he was choosing science in secondary school, what did you guys have in mind that he was going to read?. Is it any of the art courses?. I want to believe that you also attended a higher institution. If you had asked if he can study Law, iam sure people will not say that you want to show off.

3 Likes

Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by HIScraziness(m): 10:23am On Apr 25, 2017
NL1960:

It is not a matter of the way Nigerians reasons. It is a matter of the way you reason. I support what @ndidibabe said. Did you check the requirements for studying Pharmacy in any University before rushing to post your brother's result here?. There is what is called JAMB brochure where all universities have their requirements for every course. Anybody that has five(5) credits including English and Maths along with the relevant three(3) subjects combination can study the particular course. Your younger brother has Bs and Cs in Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology and you are here asking if he can study Pharmacy with the result. When he was choosing science in secondary school, what did you guys have in mind that he was going to read?. Is it any of the art courses?. I want to believe that you also attended a higher institution. If you had asked if he can study Law, iam sure people will not say that you want to show off.

Using your brain calls for no cost. Gone are the days where all u gat to check is if you've got 5 credit passes only, since post Utme's been scrapped, the new system tends to favour students with A's in their o'level result. Just last year, there was a case of an OAU aspirant with 320+ in jamb but didn't gain admission, why? She didn't have the required A's to compete with other medical aspirants in the school. Grab now?

If you read my post well btw, you could see where I typed " have in mind that post Utme has been scrapped "

Next time, don't type out of ignorance

1 Like

Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by NL1960: 10:47am On Apr 25, 2017
HIScraziness:

Using your brain calls for no cost. Gone are the days where all u gat to check is if you've got 5 credit passes only, since post Utme's been scrapped, the new system tends to favour students with A's in their o'level result. Just last year, there was a case of an OAU aspirant with 320+ in jamb but didn't gain admission, why? She didn't have the required A's to compete with other medical aspirants in the school. Grab now?

If you read my post well btw, you could see where I typed " have in mind that post Utme has been scrapped "

Next time, don't type out of ignorance

I have heard you. He does not stand a chance. Now go back and tell him to go and rewrite WAEC/NECO.

If you know all these, then why posting a printout of the result here and also asking questions?. Why can't you use your own well developed brain cells to do your own analysis with his result and arrive at a conclusion?. If you already know all the answers to all your questions, why did you still come here to post a printout and ask questions.

Btw, iam in suspect of that 320+ by that candidate who could not score A's in relevant O/Level subjects.

2 Likes

Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by HIScraziness(m): 11:21am On Apr 25, 2017
NL1960:

I have heard you. He does not stand a chance. Now go back and tell him to go and rewrite WAEC/NECO.

If you know all these, then why posting a printout of the result here and also asking questions?. Why can't you use your own well developed brain cells to do your own analysis with his result and arrive at a conclusion?. If you already know all the answers to all your questions, why did you still come here to post a printout and ask questions.

Btw, iam in suspect of that 320+ by that candidate who could not score A's in relevant O/Level subjects.

I didn't post it here to get opinions from those who have failed on several attempts to gain admission into the university.

That settles it cool
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by Ichietome: 12:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
NL1960:

What is this one saying?

Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by NL1960: 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
HIScraziness:

I didn't post it here to get opinions from those who have failed on several attempts to gain admission into the university.

That settles it cool

Your joke is funny but i forgot to laugh.

Since your super brain does not know what to do, let me outline for you what you will have to do since laziness is now the order of the day to some people.

(1) Get last year's cut-off mark for Pharmacy for the competitive federal university you want for your younger brother

(2) Check how that cut-off mark was calculated vis-a-vis the component making up JAMB mark and component making up five(5) O/Level subjects combination and the marks assigned to each grade of the O/Level result.

(3) For your younger brother, JAMB mark is unknown since he is yet to write JAMB but he has O/Level.

(4) Calculate the component making up the five(5) O/Level subjects

(5) After getting (4), you will be able to deduce what he has to get in JAMB to meet the cut-off( I want to assume that you or your younger brother know how to do this since he is suppose to have gotten a B2 in Mathematics). You can factor in a change of a margin of +/-10% for this year's cut-off. That will give an ideal of a range to target. I want to believe you or him will be able to factor in this +/- 10% since he suppose to have gotten a B2 in Mathematics.

Btw, sometimes, simple analysis by oneself solves a lot of easy issues instead of quickly rushing to Nairaland for every simple issue that requires simple common sense. Your post even lack complete information for people to help you. No name of the targeted university. So you think Universities use the same process to determine cut-off?.

As for the bold, this is the problem with this new generation. Turning a discussion upside down by introducing a trivial issue and trying to be insulting. For your information, i do not belong to the 6-3-3-4 generation. I did 6-5-4 which had an option of 6-5-2-3. Go and do a research on that first. These days, i see somebody scoring 180 in JAMB and the person is celebrating success.

If iam to do an analysis of the total of your younger brother's best 6 subjects: English C4, Mathematics B2, Biology B3, Chemistry B3, Physics C5, Agric C5, this gives 4+2+3+3+5+5 = 20. Those days, this was a poor result by all standards for a science student. For your information, i did Additional Mathematics aka Addico which is now called Further Mathematics. So, go and check when Additional Mathematics was being done in secondary schools. No be everybody fit do am that time. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by ndidibabe(f): 2:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
NL1960:

Since your super brain does not know what to do, let me outline for you what you will have to do since laziness is now the order of the day to some people.

(1) Get last year's cut-off mark for Pharmacy for the competitive federal university you want for your younger brother

(2) Check how that cut-off mark was calculated vis-a-vis the component making up JAMB mark and component making up five(5) O/Level subjects combination and the marks assigned to each grade of the O/Level result.

(3) For your younger brother, JAMB mark is unknown since he is yet to write JAMB but he has O/Level.

(5) After getting (4), you will be able to deduce what he has to get in JAMB to meet the cut-off( I want to assume that you or your younger brother know how to do this since he is suppose to have gotten a B2 in Mathematics). You can factor in a change of a margin of +/-10% for this year's cut-off. That will give an ideal of a range to target. I want to believe you or him will be able to factor in this +/- 10% since he suppose to have gotten a B2 in Mathematics.

Btw, sometimes, simple analysis by oneself solves a lot of easy issues instead of quickly rushing to Nairaland for every simple issue that requires simple common sense. Your post even lack complete information for people to help you. No name of the targeted university. So you think Universities use the same process to determine cut-off?.

As for the bold, this is the problem with this new generation. Turning a discussion upside down by introducing a trivial issue and trying to be insulting. For your information, i do not belong to the 6-3-3-4 generation. I did 6-5-4 which had an option of 6-5-2-3. Go and do a research on that first. These days, i see somebody scoring 180 in JAMB and the person is celebrating success.

If iam to do an analysis of the total of your younger brother's best 6 subjects: English C4, Mathematics B2, Biology B3, Chemistry B3, Physics C5, Agric C5, this gives 4+2+3+3+5+5 = 20. Those days, this was a poor result by all standards for a science student. For your information, i did Additional Mathematics aka Addico which is now called Further Mathematics. So, go and check when Additional Mathematics was being done in secondary schools. No be everybody fit do am that time. cheesy

You spoke my mind. I understand you very well because I passed my WAEC in 1996 and got admitted to Ife in 1997. I also did addico grin.

Like you said, something is really wrong with the OP. I decided to ignore him immediately i realised that he is a slowpoke.
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by NL1960: 3:23pm On Apr 25, 2017
ndidibabe:
You spoke my mind. I understand you very well because I passed my WAEC in 1996 and got admitted in Ife in 1997. I also did addico grin.

Like you said, something is really wrong with the OP. I decided to ignore him immediately i realised that he is a slowpoke.

Wa o. Correct babe. Even though iam a Uniben product, I dey always doff my hat for Ife products.

I have even checked the result again. It is Nov/Dec NECO that the OP's younger brother did that he is parading here. He should paste his WAEC and let us see. No wonder he is asking if the result can be used to study pharmacy. He is already afraid. The OP's younger brother should not even bother to apply to the likes of Ife, Uniben, UNN, UI, Ilorin, Unilag.
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by HIScraziness(m): 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
NL1960:

NL1960:

Wa o. Correct babe. Even though iam a Uniben product, I dey always doff my hat for Ife products.

I have even checked the result again. It is Nov/Dec NECO that the OP's younger brother did that he is parading here. He should paste his WAEC and let us see. No wonder he is asking if the result can be used to study pharmacy. He is already afraid. The OP's younger brother should not even bother to apply to the likes of Ife, Uniben, UNN, UI, Ilorin, Unilag.
ndidibabe:
You spoke my mind. I understand you very well because I passed my WAEC in 1996 and got admitted to Ife in 1997. I also did addico grin.

Just when I was wondering when these guys graduated to really make them reason this way grin

I'd just desist from exchanging words with you ndidibabe, can't get banned cos of an air head like you. undecided
Since it's now obvious you both graduated in ancient times, u need to get updated

As of last year when post Utme was scrapped, just few schools released their cut off points and the school's aspiring fro didn't release theirs. He's got two courses on his mind, either biochemistry/pharmacy and I for one think the result is kinda weak for pharmacy judging from how competitive it is

And ur doubt that someone who.made 320+ couldn't make A's in her WAEC holds no water abeg, have ur research done.
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by NL1960: 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2017
HIScraziness:

Just when I was wondering when these guys graduated to really make them reason this way grin

I'd just desist from exchanging words with you ndidibabe, can't get banned cos of an air head like you. undecided
Since it's now obvious you both graduated in ancient times, u need to get updated

As of last year when post Utme was scrapped, just few schools released their cut off points and the school's aspiring fro didn't release theirs. He's got two courses on his mind, either biochemistry/pharmacy and I for one think the result is kinda weak for pharmacy judging from how competitive it is

And ur doubt that someone who.made 320+ couldn't make A's in her WAEC holds no water abeg, have ur research done.

First bold. So from saying "I didn't post it here to get opinions from those who have failed on several attempts to gain admission into the university.", it is now the bold. This shows that you should be careful before you say such statements. It is just Addico that we said and you are already confused.

On the second bold, what is the name of the school?.
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by HIScraziness(m): 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2017
NL1960:

First bold. So from saying "I didn't post it here to get opinions from those who have failed on several attempts to gain admission into the university.", it is now the bold. This shows that you should be careful before you say such statements. It is just Addico that we said and you are already confused.

On the second bold, what is the name of the school?.

I'd ignore the bolded undecided

The school is UNN.
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by frankeencense(m): 5:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
UNN? The grades are not very good enough, only if his jamb score wud be high. My friend that got admitted to study pharmacy last year had 270 something and his o'level he had two A's and the rest C's. Goodluck to ur bro

NB: u can PM me for to get his no, I trust him to put ur bro tru
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by NL1960: 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
HIScraziness:

I'd ignore the bolded undecided

The school is UNN.

Now you are talking. You gave scanty information in the first post. You need to lay all the information bare for people to be able to help you.

Let us now wait for comments as i guess people will know how UNN admitted into her various courses last year. If the information was not released to the public last year, you can also find out from the school as i believe that there must have been a criteria used to admit students after Post Utme was scrapped.
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by HIScraziness(m): 5:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
frankeencense:
UNN[b]? The grades are not very good enough, only if his jamb score wud be high.[/b] My friend that got admitted to study pharmacy last year had 270 something and his o'level he had two A's and the rest C's. Goodluck to ur bro

NB: u can PM me for to get his no, I trust him to put ur bro tru

Hmmmm! Will send you a PM soon enough, thanks btw.
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by HIScraziness(m): 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2017
NL1960:

Now you are talking. You gave scanty information in the first post. You need to lay all the information bare for people to be able to help you.

Let us now wait for comments as i guess people will know how UNN admitted into her various courses last year. If the information was not released to the public last year, you can also find out from the school as i believe that there must have been a criteria used to admit students after Post Utme was scrapped.

During the days of Post Utme, admission procedures were transparent cos most schools do release cut off but now that's it's been scrapped, the procedures are very vague. Even Unizik where I school, they never did release their cut off too
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by frankeencense(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
HIScraziness:

Hmmmm! Will send you a PM soon enough, thanks btw.

U welcum.
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by FromZeroToHero(m): 8:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
I don't think so, pharmacy is highly competitive just like medicine, Nursing, Elect/Elect, etc. He need at last A1 in (Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English) then B2 or B3 in four other relevant subjects with a very high UTME score at least 300 and above.
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by HIScraziness(m): 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
I don't think so, pharmacy is highly competitive just like medicine, Nursing, Elect/Elect, etc. He need at last A1 in (Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English) then B2 or B3 in four other relevant subjects with a very high UTME score at least 300 and above.

Mehn! Thanks bruh
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by AkProsper(m): 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2017
Go and ask jamb. . . . . . meanwhile, check my signature
Re: Can My Younger Bro Get To Study Pharmacy With This O'level Result? by katelyryan: 6:44am On Apr 26, 2017
May be he is eligible to get admission but its not a good option for him to choose this field according to his grades.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jamb Scholarship 2017 / Jamb Declares Exam Inconclusive Sets New Date For Exam / Jamb Release Withheld Result,no Bio Verification And No Result Yet!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.