Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/04/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/04/17 (677 Views)

Ofm Rhema For Living Daily Devotional 25/04/2018 Wednesday / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/04/18 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/04/18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/04/17 by dallyemmy: 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: TUESDAY 25TH APRIL 2017

THEME: GOD IS NOT INTERESTED IN THIS

Memorise:

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. John 3:17

Read: Ezekiel 33:14-16

33:14 Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;

33:15 If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.

33:16 None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.

Expectedly, you may be wondering what God is not interested in. God is not interested in the death of a sinner (2 Peter 3.9). Many sinners don't even know that God has no delight in condemning them. It is therefore necessary that those who know this truth should make it known to them.
"Again when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right; If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.” Ezekiel 33:14-15

It is clear from the above Scripture that God is not interested in the death of any sinner, but desires that the sinner repents and turns away from his or her wicked ways. It is amazing that God Almighty promised that none of the sins committed by a converted sinner will be remembered any more. God is always wanting to restore fellowship with His human creation back to what it was in the beginning, if only they would appreciate His love for them. Jesus Christ in John 15:13 said:
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

If indeed we are the friends of Jesus, we then must do whatever He commands us to do (John 15:14). Are you a friend of Jesus or willing to be one? lf you are willing to be a friend of Jesus, you must accept Him today, because tomorrow may be too late. The Bible says:
"For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." 2 Corinthians 6:2

For believers who would aIways pray that sinners should "fall down and die", I will like to admonish you to stop wasting your time, because if the fellow you are praying against is a candidate for salvation in the future, your prayers may be an exercise in futility. This is why the Lord God said vengeance is His (Romans 12:19). May God fill our hearts with the compassion of Christ, so that we can be more concerned about the salvation of sinners rather than their death!

Prayer Point:

Father, fill my heart with the compassion of Jesus, so that I would care for sinners even as You do.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Numbers 18-19
Jeremiah 20:7-18

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 2: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS

1. What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

2. Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;

3. Are we weak and heavy laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge-
Do your friends despise, forsake you?
In his arms he'll take and shield you;
You wilt find a solace there.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/04/17 by femoint007(m): 6:04am On Apr 25, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens, (Tuesday, April 25th, 2017) - GOD IS NOT INTERESTED IN THIS
1.Thank you, Father, for sending your son, not to condemn the world, but that the world through Him, might be saved.
2.Thank you, Father, for your compassion, love and mercy, for sinners, that you are not interested in their death, but, that they should come to repentance.
3.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me.
4.Father, give me the grace to turn away from sins and to turn to you, in total repentance, in Jesus' name.
5.Father, help me to redeem my pledges and to restore anything, l have taken by falsehood, from anyone.
6.Father, release upon my life and destiny, the power to "go and sin no more", in Jesus' name.
7.Father, only the living can praise you; please, let my soul live and l will serve and worship you, for the rest of my life, in Jesus' name.
8.Father, fill my heart with the compassion of Jesus, so that I would care for sinners even as You do.
9.Father, help me to be more concerned with the salvation of sinners, rather than their death, in Jesus' name.
10.Father, please, help me to see sinners, the way you see them, in Jesus' name.
11.Father, please, give me the grace to obey you, in all things and situations, even, unto death, like Jesus did; in Jesus' name.
12.Your Personal Petitions.
(Philippians 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

(1) (Reply)

Three Popes Gather For Ecumenical Prayer Service / Who Is Seeing Number 11,111 Or 1111 Everywhere / Us President Donald Trump Meets Pope Francis At The Vatican City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.