Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,333 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live (36448 Views)

Aston Villa Vs Manchester United - (0 - 3) On 9th July 2020 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 17th February 2020 / Watford Vs Manchester United (2 - 0) - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by mikron(m): 2:35am On Apr 28, 2017
wow, even without 6 1st team regulars in
Ibra aka baba
Pogba the pass master
rojo the defence marshall
mata the dimunitive wizard
phil jones the no-nonsense defender
smalling (not too pleased with his form this season), mourinho still went ahead to force a draw in the etihad, man city are more useless than i earlier thought. without these absent afore mentioned players mancity still cant beat us in their home? shame. the earlier result in old trafford was a big mistake. i doff my hat for u coachilla (mourinho)

GGMU, come on boys lets roast swansea on sunday. arsenal will come next, then tot, southampton and finally crystal palace.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by AmiableJay(m): 7:04am On Apr 28, 2017
Try harder next time. Scammer. Why can't y'll do some honest work.?

Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by HARDDON: 8:46am On Apr 28, 2017
nastycgolden:
Proudlyngwa call the squad seunny4life harddon emzreus kyase mareema bayocanny nepapole optional1 must also support us today.

Ntw knocked me off my peckings.

Sad we didnt win
Glad we didnt lose , given itz an away sometin

Bloodzzz Rollzzzzz Red
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by Urukpe: 8:47am On Apr 28, 2017
damoneyman007:
Oga stop dis nonsense talk. , u can say Morinho Is 1 of d best manager defensively, he makes games borin. U can call guardiola a better coach al round, talkin bout Zidane, he is a far beta coach dan Morinho dis season, c d squad he used against sporting, and won 4-1 away, ysterday d same youth team won 6-2, against barca it wasn't is fault. He brought in james who scored d equalizer but dat genius Messi finished dem. Morinho is A good coach but he makes games to borin for my liking

playing a boring game(Defending) or attacking game does not define a coach, all the coach in existence play either of the two. what define a coach is the outcome of the match at the end of a day.

someone once said there is nothing like a good coach we only have good players

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by Urukpe: 8:53am On Apr 28, 2017
naturalwaves:

Thank God you added the clause@bolded even though I do not believe that
James should have come to just look on. See the way you saying he scored the equaliser as if he is not an equally good player.
A good coach should have good reactions to unforeseen situations. Zidane goofed big time by not reacting to Ramos' red card, he was so clueless. Even when Real scored, I kept on telling anyone that cared to listen that the defence has become so porous and Barca was going to add another goal. It was just too porous and he was looking on like a dummy variable from the sidelines. Zidane is a good coach in his own terms but he needs to improve on his reactions.
Unfortunately, when the game of football was invented, it was said that the aim shall be to put the ball in the opponent's net. The ways to put it in the net were not stated. Moreover, no definitions were given for" beautiful football" , " tiki taka" , " bus parking" etc. Any team have the liberty to play a suitable style depending on the situation.
Belive it or not, tonight's game was one of the best matches I have seen in a while with respect to tactical acumen and reaction. Immediately, Fellani got a red card, he was still on the field when MOU summoned the right replacement and play was adjusted to suite the new style. Guy, oga na master, forget! Under MOU, Manchster United has lost just 3 matches in the EPL this season. That is highly commendable.

You are a football genius. Most people see football in one direction only and d same set of people blame arsenal every season for not winning anything.
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by naturalwaves: 9:52am On Apr 28, 2017
Urukpe:

You are a football genius
smiley Thanks o.
Urukpe:
Most people see football in one direction only and d same set of people blame arsenal every season for not winning anything.

Exactly! Over the years, Wenger has refused to place his team based on the opposition. Arsenal plays almost the same style for all matches and that is not good enough. The type opposition, state of opposition, state of a team, types of players available should determine how the players will set out and the style they choose. I believe if Wenger starts doing this, Arsenal will perform better subsequently.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by Urukpe: 9:59am On Apr 28, 2017
naturalwaves:

smiley Thanks o.

Exactly! Over the years, Wenger has refused to place his team based on the opposition. Arsenal plays almost the same style for all matches and that is not good enough. The type opposition, state of opposition, state of a team, types of players available should determine how the players will set out and the style they choose. I believe if Wenger starts doing this, Arsenal will perform better subsequently.

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by Lily4star(f): 10:09am On Apr 28, 2017
naturalwaves:

It will be tough but I think it is within grasp. Liverpool is gonna drop a couple of points too. MOU would have allowed Tottenham beat Man U to challenge chelsea for the cup but Man U needs the win so bad as well to keep the top four hope alive. I think the Europa route is a bit easier than the EPL route.

This time next month we would have all gotten the answers to all our questions
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 28, 2017
aguero na just horse along wit dat mumu sterling.played total NONSENSE yesterday.mancity's midfield and defence are ok,d attack is as blunt as wenger's brain,massive clearout needed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by naturalwaves: 10:33am On Apr 28, 2017
Lily4star:

This time next month we would have all gotten the answers to all our questions
Exactly! good morning.
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by Lily4star(f): 11:17am On Apr 28, 2017
naturalwaves:
Exactly! good morning.
Same here, good morning

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by IamAirforce1: 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by rudestmcblaze: 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
naturalwaves:

Today's match was nothing gone wrong. That draw is a fantastic result for Man U considering the players at their disposal. Tonight's game was another classic delivered by the ingenuity of MOU.
I've studied Mou very well and I knw that he was looking forward to hurting Pep. I think he would have had a better chance of wining if he had played a 4-5-1 with a mildfield trio of Carrick, Herrera and Mhki and flanked by Lingard and Young and Rashford as a centre forward. Fellaini slows the pace of the game, I dunno why Mou keeps fielding him bt I'm sure he is the manager and he knws best. Looking forward to our europa league success...GGMU
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by rudestmcblaze: 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
naturalwaves:

smiley Thanks o.

God Bless You. A good manager should be one that can motivate his team and exploit the playing style of his opposition

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by naturalwaves: 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
rudestmcblaze:
God Bless You. A good manager should be one that can motivate his team and exploit the playing style of his opposition
Exactly! That remains one of MOU's greatest strenghts.
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by naturalwaves: 11:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
rudestmcblaze:
I've studied Mou very well and I knw that he was looking forward to hurting Pep. I think he would have had a better chance of wining if he had played a 4-5-1 with a mildfield trio of Carrick, Herrera and Mhki and flanked by Lingard and Young and Rashford as a centre forward. Fellaini slows the pace of the game, I dunno why Mou keeps fielding him bt I'm sure he is the manager and he knws best. Looking forward to our europa league success...GGMU

@bolded, Mourinho and every great coach were once a mere spectator like us. You may make a better coach in future. So, it is not totally correct to say someone knows best just because he is the coach.#justsaying

MOU actually planned and came for a draw and if Man U scores, good! But he was not keen about that. I think the perimeter fencing type of formation he used was superb enough to cut the bites from Manchester city. The aim of MOU was never to go for an outright win in that game because in the course of mounting pressure on the opposition, their own defence will subsequently give in. He used almost a similar tactic for chelsea in just another form with better players and few more options. Luckily enough, the attack made good use of 2 of the few chances they had and Man U was able to beat Chelsea.

Moreover, Mourinho's records still stand. Since Mourinho started coaching, no coach has ever beaten him twice in one season shocked What that means is that he does his home work well. Even if things do not go well first time, he will make very good adjustment before the second meeting. His reaction is always top notch!
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by ponti93(m): 7:00pm On Apr 30, 2017
fineyemi2:
anything fit happen baba
how market totti vs arsenal cool
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by rudestmcblaze: 10:26pm On May 04, 2017
naturalwaves:

@bolded, Mourinho and every great coach were once a mere spectator like us. You may make a better coach in future. So, it is not totally correct to say someone knows best just because he is the coach.#justsaying

MOU actually planned and came for a draw and if Man U scores, good! But he was not keen about that. I think the perimeter fencing type of formation he used was superb enough to cut the bites from Manchester city. The aim of MOU was never to go for an outright win in that game because in the course of mounting pressure on the opposition, their own defence will subsequently give in. He used almost a similar tactic for chelsea in just another form with better players and few more options. Luckily enough, the attack made good use of 2 of the few chances they had and Man U was able to beat Chelsea.

Moreover, Mourinho's records still stand. Since Mourinho started coaching, no coach has ever beaten him twice in one season shocked What that means is that he does his home work well. Even if things do not go well first time, he will make very good adjustment before the second meeting. His reaction is always top notch!
I never said he wanted to win, I only said he stood a better chance of winning fielding the players I mentioned cos Fellaini was making us play aerial football instead of counter-attack. By the way, Mou never wanted a draw against Chelsea cos it was obvious (he even affirmed it after the match) that it was the same idea he had when he came up against them in the F.A. cup match. More importantly, every manager wants to win
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by naturalwaves: 10:48pm On May 04, 2017
rudestmcblaze:
I never said he wanted to win, I only said he stood a better chance of winning fielding the players I mentioned cos Fellaini was making us play aerial football instead of counter-attack. By the way, Mou never wanted a draw against Chelsea cos it was obvious (he even affirmed it after the match) that it was the same idea he had when he came up against them in the F.A. cup match. More importantly, every manager wants to win
Which manager wouldn't mind a win. Read my analysis again. That is Mou sttyle. The fact that the play was more defend minded does not mean that he would not mind a win and that was the same reason they did not set out in your preferred mode.
Ps:Do you really take this long to reply to mentions? I guess you were busy. How are you?
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by rudestmcblaze: 11:08pm On May 04, 2017
naturalwaves:

Which manager wouldn't mind a win. Read my analysis again. That is Mou sttyle. The fact that the play was more defend minded does not mean that he would not mind a win and that was the same reason they did not set out in your preferred mode.
Ps:Do you really take this long to reply to mentions? I guess you were busy. How are you?
I'm good though bin real occupied, seems you're getting me wrong. I said "he is the manager and he is knows best" because that's the only reason or excuse I could give for his always fielding Fellaini despite Fellaini's style of play, Fellaini is nt a man utd first team player but a back-up plan
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by rudestmcblaze: 11:11pm On May 04, 2017
naturalwaves:

Exactly! That remains one of MOU's greatest strenghts.
It is, though it sometimes backfires when u come up against relegation threatened teams that have no particular style of play
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by naturalwaves: 12:12am On May 05, 2017
rudestmcblaze:
I'm good though bin real occupied, seems you're getting me wrong. I said "he is the manager and he is knows best" because that's the only reason or excuse I could give for his always fielding Fellaini despite Fellaini's style of play, Fellaini is nt a man utd first team player but a back-up plan
Lol@back up plan. So funny. Okay. I getyou perfectly now.
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by naturalwaves: 12:14am On May 05, 2017
rudestmcblaze:
It is, though it sometimes backfires when u come up against relegation threatened teams that have no particular style of play
Yeah. You're right about the relegation threatened teams. They play a style I like to term "anywhere belle face".
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by rudestmcblaze: 1:27am On May 06, 2017
naturalwaves:

Lol@back up plan. So funny. Okay. I getyou perfectly now.
Fellaini is a terrific player when the playing style soothes him bt in my opinion he is the kinda player I bring in to lock the mildfield while disrupting the opponents build up play
Re: Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) - Live by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2017
joker:
United army we are here...

We are winning this with a wide margin.

How many likes for Manchester Utd?
pls define WIDE

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

19 African Players That Have Won The European Cup (Champions League) / Chelsea Vs Norwich (1 - 0) On 14th July 2020 / Celta Vigo Vs Manchester United: Europa League (0 - 1) On 4th May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.