Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,865 members, 7,956,272 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:58 AM

Comedians Should Not Be Allowed In Churches - Nigerian Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comedians Should Not Be Allowed In Churches - Nigerian Pastor (647 Views)

Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded / Why Do We Have More Ladies In Churches Than Men? / Comedians Shouldn't Be Allowed To Perform In Churches - Lagos Pastor (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comedians Should Not Be Allowed In Churches - Nigerian Pastor by Eventoned: 11:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
Do you guys agree with this Pastor that comedians should not be allowed to crack jokes in church?

WATCH THE VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9T4gPR4PwI

http://ovoko.com.ng/comedians-not-allowed-church-nigerian-pastor/

Cc: mynd44, lalasticlala
Re: Comedians Should Not Be Allowed In Churches - Nigerian Pastor by mayorb4real: 11:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
i see nothing bad with comedy in church......we are youth, i just dont like the fact that some comedians overdo....let them just be mindful that church should be church
Re: Comedians Should Not Be Allowed In Churches - Nigerian Pastor by An2elect2(f): 11:29pm On Apr 25, 2017
Well I will take him or them serious when they take the Bible serious. So called churches today are made of fools and hypocrites who (in their hearts) think God can't see through their facade and appearance. They are so stupid to see that the reason they attract "worldlings" is because they are themselves "worldlings" too.
Re: Comedians Should Not Be Allowed In Churches - Nigerian Pastor by Afam4eva(m): 11:33pm On Apr 25, 2017
mayorb4real:
i see nothing bad with comedy in church......we are youth, i just dont like the fact that some comedians overdo....let them just be mindful that church should be church
I'm not really a religious person but i agree with the pastor 100%. As much as i'll like to see comedians perform in church every sunday, i think it's very wrong for comedians to crack jokes in church especially using the scripture to do so. The fact that we're youths does not mean anything goes, they can as well bring 50 cent to rap for us because we're youths. Church is a religious place where religious activities take place. I mean things that glorify God and i don't see how comedy fits in. If you want to have fun, go to a club or AY live, don't use the church as your center of entertainment.

2 Likes

Re: Comedians Should Not Be Allowed In Churches - Nigerian Pastor by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 25, 2017
If the cracking of jokes is used to communicate God's words to the congregation it's not bad as it would be a form of preaching. Not that they will come to church and be mocking Christianity,pastors and God's words in His own house again like they often do at their comedy shows.
Re: Comedians Should Not Be Allowed In Churches - Nigerian Pastor by newyorks(m): 1:03am On Apr 26, 2017
who am i to debunk if majority carries the vote.the hen says the he's only on top of his voice not for the hand that held him to free him but to let the world hear his voice. vanacular¿ okuku si na mkpu ya n'eti abulu ka aka ji ya hapuya kama n'obu ka uwa nuru olu ya.
Re: Comedians Should Not Be Allowed In Churches - Nigerian Pastor by Afam4eva(m): 7:50am On Apr 26, 2017
Spiricoco:
If the cracking of jokes is used to communicate God's words to the congregation it's not bad as it would be a form of preaching. Not that they will come to church and be mocking Christianity,pastors and God's words in His own house again like they often do at their comedy shows.
What they d mostly is to mock the relgion.
Re: Comedians Should Not Be Allowed In Churches - Nigerian Pastor by Eventoned: 1:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
Afam4eva:

What they d mostly is to mock the relgion.
Gbam

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Tb Joshua Follower Versus Dr. Carlos Castaneda, Native America Nagual. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 15/07/17 / Lucifer Is Not The Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.