Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,250 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Why Do Nairaland Writers Keep Insulting We The Readers? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Do Nairaland Writers Keep Insulting We The Readers? (927 Views)

Winners Of 2019 Nairaland Writers Award / How Much Do Nairaland Writers Charge? / List Your Top 5 Favorite Nairaland Writers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nairaland Writers Keep Insulting We The Readers? by ernesty20(m): 11:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
These Lazy People Will Start A Story, They Will Take Like Forever To Update The So Called Story, Now When You The Reader Complain About Their Sluggishness And Laziness, They Will Start Telling Us How They Have Life Outside Nairaland. So Does It Mean We The Readers Dnt Have Life Outside Nairaland? I Am Not Understanding Oo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairaland Writers Keep Insulting We The Readers? by Angelsss(f): 11:27pm On Apr 25, 2017
When you start a story here, you'll understand everything. Sometimes it's the way the readers air their opinion, they insult the writer and when writers return the favor they get vexed. I know how annoying it could be to start and not finish a story, but something could come up in a writers life, like I started a story here once, it took me months to finish it, it's not as if I was busy, I was struggling with something, I lost someone, and that hot me very depressed and I couldn't write in that state, some angry readers called me lazy and insulted me not knowing the pain I was going through.
I ignored them because I've fought with readers before and no good came out of it, so you guys should understand.
Just start a story, I promise, you wouldn't post something like this again.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairaland Writers Keep Insulting We The Readers? by NevetsIbot(m): 12:45am On Apr 26, 2017
Angelsss:
When you start a story here, you'll understand everything. Sometimes it's the way the readers air their opinion, they insult the writer and when writers return the favor they get vexed. I know how annoying it could be to start and not finish a story, but something could come up in a writers life, like I started a story here once, it took me months to finish it, it's not as if I was busy, I was struggling with something, I lost someone, and that hot me very depressed and I couldn't write in that state, some angry readers called me lazy and insulted me not knowing the pain I was going through.
I ignored them because I've fought with readers before and no good came out of it, so you guys should understand.
Just start a story, I promise, you wouldn't post something like this again.
True talk... My readers don't even wanna chill for me
Re: Why Do Nairaland Writers Keep Insulting We The Readers? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
Writers start and do not finish a story because they can, I'm in my house grin
Re: Why Do Nairaland Writers Keep Insulting We The Readers? by Buttersss(f): 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2017
skarlett:

your house won't save you from my cane, m so coming to beat you

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairaland Writers Keep Insulting We The Readers? by Divepen1(m): 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2017
skarlett:
We are coming for you
. It will shock you

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairaland Writers Keep Insulting We The Readers? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
Divepen1:
We are coming for you
. It will shock you

Buttersss:

your house won't save you from my cane, m so coming to beat you

I'm waiting o grin grin
Re: Why Do Nairaland Writers Keep Insulting We The Readers? by Divepen1(m): 6:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
skarlett:

I'm waiting o grin grin
Don't say you weren't warned.
Re: Why Do Nairaland Writers Keep Insulting We The Readers? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 26, 2017
Divepen1:

Don't say you weren't warned.

Alright sir smiley
Re: Why Do Nairaland Writers Keep Insulting We The Readers? by rapmike(m): 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
I understand the OP pain but these things happen because some readers can be unreasonable. For example, some readers come down hard on writers because their updates is too short not minding if the writer is using a system or Nokia 3310. If you have ever used a phone to start a story, esp. Those hard Nokia phone buttons, you may hate yourself. Moreover, someone that uses a system will likely write far more than someone with just a phone. Don't think that everyone can afford a system because its cheaper than before.

Then at times people schedule can be tight and exhausting, they will need to rest and in the right frame of mind to update a story, then you will see a reader come and insult them. We have some good writers here that have demanding jobs outside (e.g. Kelvin John aka Kayemjay). For their sake and the readers own, they won't want to rush their story and spoil it.

Then lastly some writers are lazy period.
Re: Why Do Nairaland Writers Keep Insulting We The Readers? by Charlesdock(m): 9:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
I don't even want to start any, Nairalanders no get chill cry
NevetsIbot:
True talk... My readers don't even wanna chill for me
Re: Why Do Nairaland Writers Keep Insulting We The Readers? by EvaJael(f): 10:25am On Apr 27, 2017
Lolz...I guess both parties are to blame. Most readers have no chill at all. They forget that writers are also humans and not robots. Constantly frustrating them yields no results. Some of the readers are quite evil sef...how can u be reading someone's work quietly and not comment even once haba na. It isn't fair at all.
And writers too can suffer person. If you won't be chanced to update,communicate with your readers but don't stall for too long. I believe all writers here should have the contact of at least two persons who can help u communicate in case u are very unavailable.
We all can make this thing fun for ourselves with a little more patience and understanding. Ghost readers,God is watching us o. #cheers #teamfaithfulreader #consistentwriters

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How America Was Discovered / "The Moguls" - Episode 1 (short Story Series) / Amarachi The Beautiful Poor Child Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.