Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,366 members, 7,836,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Lessons From Warren Buffet - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lessons From Warren Buffet (328 Views)

Real Estate Investment Lessons From Barcelona Vs Manchester United / Before & After Pictures Of Collapsed Building At Ita Faji: Lessons To Be Learnt / A To Z Lessons And Pics On The Installation Of Increte/ Stamped Concrete Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From Warren Buffet by Echad(m): 9:10pm On Apr 26, 2017
One of the more interesting businesses, which now falls into the wide umbrella of Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway, is its real estate arm that helps individuals buy and sell their homes.

But one of the most notable things about Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices is Buffett’s remarks on its website, where he notes plainly:

“When people are making the decision of the magnitude of buying a house, it’s the biggest decision a great many families will ever make.”

This coincides with his fascinating remarks in the 2010 letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders when he said:

“Home ownership makes sense for most Americans, particularly at today’s lower prices and bargain interest rates. All things considered, the third best investment I ever made was the purchase of my home, though I would have made far more money had I instead rented and used the purchase money to buy stocks.”

So why was it “the third best investment,” behind only his wedding rings? He goes on to say:

“For the $31,500 I paid for our house, my family and I gained 52 years of terrific memories with more to come.”

So often as it relates to investing we can only consider the measurable return on investment, and what will ultimately make our bank accounts and wallets bigger. But here’s a man who notes, although he would’ve “made far more [https://projectpanacea./2017/04/26/lessons-from-warren-buffet/] READ MORE https://projectpanacea./2017/04/26/lessons-from-warren-buffet/

(1) (Reply)

The Best Interlocking Stone In Nigeria / Come In To Get Your Land Without Hassles / Sandy Dry Land - Trinity Gardens Phase 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.