Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) (35086 Views)

Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) / Ebay Incurs A Loss Investing In Snapdeal / This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by Islie: 6:49am On Apr 27, 2017
Afeez Hanafi

A bar operator on Lekki Beach Road, Ademola Ogunbona, says he has lost his livelihood to the alleged debt of N757,750 incurred by one Mrs . Shaw, aka Mama G.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the woman had gone to the bar around 6am on August 15, 2016, to have fun , which lasted till about 1am the following day.

It was said that Mama G instructed the barman to serve customers that came to the bar throughout her stay , and promised to pick up the bill for the drinks they consumed.

Our correspondent gathered that one of the major beneficiaries of Mama G ’s gesture was a man who came to the bar with his friends at about 6. 30pm to celebrate his birthday.

She allegedly ordered many rounds of drinks for the man and his friends and told Ogunbona to add their bill to hers.

However, at about 1am , when she had reportedly become inebriated, some persons were said to have stormed the bar and took her away in a Honda car to Rotary Garden Estate , Ilasan , Ajah , where she lives with her husband .

In a chat with PUNCH Metro , Ogunbona said he , two of his workers and the chief security officer of the shops in the area followed the car, but the security guards at the estate gate did not allow them in.

He said , “ Mama G came to my bar at about 6am on August 15, 2016, and ordered drinks . She told me to serve everybody that came to the bar and promised to pay . In the afternoon , I told her that her bill was over N 200, 000. She slapped my face and asked me whether she looked like a debtor.

“ She said I should serve very expensive drinks to whoever came to the bar. She even called some beggars who were passing by into the bar to drink.

Around 6. 30pm, a man came into the bar to mark his birthday along with his friends , numbering about 16, including ladies . She told them not to pay.

“ They took five bottles of Remy Martin, seven bottles of Absolute Vodka and three bottles of Sky . They also smoke cigarettes . They left around 10pm. At about 1am , four men and a woman came to pick the woman. I insisted that I would collect my money, but they took her away.

“ They dropped her off at the estate gate and left . She banged the gate repeatedly . Eventually, her housemaids came to pick her. I was not allowed to enter into the estate with her. ”

The father of two children explained that he went to report the case at the Ajiwe Police Division and submitted the bill to the police. He said the police invited the woman , but her husband sent a message to them that she had gone to Ghana.

“ He told the police that Mama G would come back in December 2016. The police sent another letter to the man in December . On January 11, he transferred N 200, 000 into my bank account.

“ I called him and asked for the remaining money, he said I should contact his wife ’ s lawyer . When I called the lawyer , he said I should manage the money like that. I reported back to the station and they invited his wife again . Neither the woman nor her husband showed up. Their cook and driver were arrested. The lawyer secured their bail on the same day.

“ Since the case was transferred to the Lagos State Police Command, Ikeja, in February 2017, the Investigating Police Officer in charge of the case has been telling me to be patient ; but I have children and a wife to cater to , ” he added.

The husband , Mr . Shaw , terminated a call put across to him immediately our correspondent began to make an inquiry on the matter . Subsequent calls to his line rang out.

However, the lawyer , Mr . Onome Okodiya , who spoke on behalf of the family, said it was not true that Mama G promised to pay for the birthday celebration or was forcefully taken away from the bar.

He said the matter was being investigated by the state police command , adding that the N 200, 000 was paid to the bar manager “ in good faith ” pending the outcome of a reconciliatory move by the police.

Okodiya said , “ We deny that Mrs. Shaw owed that kind of money. When the barman chose to use the police in Lekki to enforce the debt, we made a report to the Lagos State Commissioner of Police and the case is being investigated. We are going to wait for the outcome of the investigation.

“ The payment ( N 200, 000) was made in good faith while awaiting reconciliation . There is a scam which we are trying to unravel . One person is claiming over N 700, 000; another person is claiming over N 800, 000. What is the value of the stock they have ? Everybody is under investigation in respect of this matter . ”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Olarinde Famous -Cole , had yet to reply to a text message on the case as of press time.

http://punchng.com/woman-allegedly-incurs-n757000-debt-at-lagos-bar/

2 Likes

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by HungerBAD: 6:50am On Apr 27, 2017
Interesting.

At first when i read the story,i felt some pity for the man that he was getting a rough deal from the woman and her people.

But thinking about it carefully,the story is not adding up to me. So far,the only evidence we have is what he wrote on a piece of paper right?anybody can write any amount on a piece of paper.

That the woman came there to drink is not in doubt,but i think this man is being economical with the truth.

And i sense someone trying to make extra money off a drunk woman who did not have a recollection of what actually transpired that day.

When her bill got to 200k,you asked for your money and she slapped you?and you still continued selling drinks on credit to everybody on her behalf?after the slap incidence?and while you still had not collected the first 200k?story not making sense to me.

Bar owner or not,Nigeria men do not react kindly to getting slapped by anybody.

I mean 200k is a lot of money,and all Bar Owners i know would take that first before serving more,unless the buyer is hushpuppy or whatever that Davido's friends name is that bought 11 Million Naira Booze.

Story does not add up.

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by dingbang(m): 6:55am On Apr 27, 2017
At least.. Marry a sensible woman.. Advise to men out there..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by maryjan8(f): 6:55am On Apr 27, 2017
Really?
Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by Nne5: 6:56am On Apr 27, 2017
Lool.

She'd be like take anything you want I'll pay later and the bar operator was shining teeth.

I'm sure since that day,the barman must have chased out people that came and said 'barman give him/her 12 bottles of drink I'll pay later.

grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by sisisioge: 7:07am On Apr 27, 2017
E be like say the woman vex commot for house on the said day abi which right thinking person(let alone woman) would get to a bar at 6am and not leave until 1am while celebrating stoopidity with others?

Cool he brought it here, they will pay asap.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by jhydebaba(m): 7:10am On Apr 27, 2017
Chai! Shayo na real bastard.

Bar man, serve everyone on this thread baby oku.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by pbethel: 7:28am On Apr 27, 2017
Hehehe
Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by nerodenero: 7:31am On Apr 27, 2017
I blame Mr. Ademola Ogunbona. It is not all what a drunk says you listen to. After the N200k mark, he should have just ignore calls to give out more drinks. So many drunk go to bar and feel fly, like they can buy the whole bar but when the chips are done, eyes go clear and kasala go bust after dem hear bill.

Bar managers are also known to add to customer's bill. It is very common. It only takes a less drunk customer to ascertain that his bill has been inflated.

Fact:- most bar men and customers are cheats. You need to be smart when dealing with anyone of them.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by ipobarecriminals: 9:50am On Apr 27, 2017
sad the bar owner must be in happy mood cool sad then,thinking he Don hit jackpot,unknown that the mama G might be werey

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by amiibaby(f): 9:50am On Apr 27, 2017
Yeyebrities everywhere

1 Like

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by lonelydora: 9:51am On Apr 27, 2017
Rich people stay rich by pretending to be poor and poor people stay poor by pretending to be rich.

You can't see Dangote, Tony Elumelu, Orji Uzo Kalu do this type of thing.

Number 3 on the list caught my attention....which one is Baby Oku?

5 Likes

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by ChappyChase: 9:52am On Apr 27, 2017
That fool can't operate a beer palour... .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by hucienda: 9:53am On Apr 27, 2017
There can only be one Mama G. Any oda na counterfeit! angry

3 Likes

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by emeijeh(m): 9:53am On Apr 27, 2017
Just 2 days ago, we were celebrating a Mama G(the police officer) now, this counterfeit Mama G has decided to bring shame and disgrace on herself, not the name

Shame on her.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by TINALETC3(f): 9:54am On Apr 27, 2017
Which responsible woman in her rite senses wud do dis rubbish , ws she under a spell or wat undecided, eye am nt undastanding

1 Like

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 9:55am On Apr 27, 2017
Remy Martyn 30k? shocked cheesy cheesy thief
Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by MrGreenMavro: 9:58am On Apr 27, 2017
cheesy
Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 27, 2017
cry.. i feel for business owners... for the want of business and turnover.. you most times loose it all...

Lost mine when i trusted my barber of 15 years to set up a saloon he would run ooo...

He stole the money, took the installments paid to decorators since he brought them and absconded...

Do you know what he did with the money when caught?

He said he wanted to use the money to do JUJU
Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by RichieDaVinci01(m): 9:59am On Apr 27, 2017
So who is lying now
Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by polydoctor(m): 10:00am On Apr 27, 2017
who that story eep?
Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by Pavore9: 10:00am On Apr 27, 2017
Make I laugh! cheesy cheesy
Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by frenzydilz(m): 10:00am On Apr 27, 2017
That guy na thief undecided

2 Likes

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by Jabioro: 10:01am On Apr 27, 2017
The mama G is finest devil incarnated woman to ruin someone's means of surviving, better still I would like to blame shop owner for him to allowed her incurring such amount.. now it has becomes in good faith payment.. You have start all over, be careful of sobia customers!

1 Like

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by MidasTouche01(m): 10:01am On Apr 27, 2017
This bar owner mumu and wanted to compete with Lie Mohammed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 27, 2017
Gbese re ooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:06am On Apr 27, 2017
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

At first when i read the story,i felt some pity for the man that he was getting a rough deal from the woman and her people.

But thinking about it carefully,the story is not adding up to me. So far,the only evidence we have is what he wrote on a piece of paper right?anybody can write any amount on a piece of paper.

That the woman came there to drink is not in doubt,but i think this man is being economical with the truth.

And i sense someone trying to make extra money off a drunk woman who did not have a recollection of what actually transpired that day.

When her bill got to 200k,you asked for your money and she slapped you?and you still continued selling drinks on credit to everybody on her behalf?after the slap incidence?and while you still had not collected the first 200k?story not making sense to me.

Bar owner or not,Nigeria men do not react kindly to getting slapped by anybody.

I mean 200k is a lot of money,and all Bar Owners i know would take that first before serving more,unless the buyer is hushpuppy or whatever that Davido's friends name is that bought 11 Million Naira Booze.

Story does not add up.

the money spent on your education was well spended...culled from the skull of dalung#

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by Vacora(m): 10:07am On Apr 27, 2017
Sounds dodgy as hell? Who the hell starts drinking at a bar that opens at 6am?! 6am for FFS?!! Sounds very suspicious.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by nan1: 10:08am On Apr 27, 2017
That bar man na mumu how can u listen to a drunk to continue serving people on credit did the woman sign undertaking to pay up all the bills at the end of the day? he should even thank his God that they paid him 200k ode

3 Likes

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 27, 2017
once chance customer.

1 Like

Re: Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) by atilla(m): 10:12am On Apr 27, 2017
He doesn't know her full name yet chose to serve her drinks almost to a million Naira without any deposit or collateral. The woman didn't even drive there and he watched her calling beggars to come and drink.

The bar owner is certainly to be blamed. Why didn't he call police when she slapped him at first

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Produce Izal / Gtbank MD, Dan Orogun Dies In A Boating Accident In Liberia / A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.