Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor (14722 Views)

The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card / Firstbank Introduces Contactless Naira Mastercard / Angry Customer Sues First Bank To Court Over Mastercard Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by jacksparrow001: 11:53am On Apr 27, 2017
Hmm, this develo[color=#000099][/color]pment will cause heartless criminals to be cutting victims ' hand off. Personally,i don't like this cool
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
Structuralman:

Spot on!

Sign of the end times.
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
Aremu01:

Exactly what came to my mind
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by ikp120(m): 12:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nwodosis:

ATMs will be upgraded for that purpose!
Most ATM machine have fingerprint sensor sha. All they need to do is to modify the software to include a request for fingerprint. But then use of biometric data CANNOT work for mobile transactions except they can find a way to call the fingerprint sensor built into the phone (if at all the phone has fingerprint sensor) when a transaction process requires fingerprint. That will of course mean that only mobile devices with fingerprint sensor can be used.

So the modification of the Credit card is just for POS machines, as such modification cannot be used in any other medium of transaction processing but POS machines

1 Like

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
good innovation but some considerations are: you can't withdraw for another person
the card must have an electrical component to function with the biometric chip
it will cause fingers to be chopped to enhance theft and fraud
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by linearity: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
fineboynl:
chopped of finger is not feasible. as its doesn't work lifeless or dead fingers.

think about it that thief will cut of someone's finger and take it to pos shop. nobody is fools na.

I didn't see where it stated it wouldn't work with a lifeless finger.

All it needs is a finger print, life/lifeless fingers produces the same prints...fingerprint technology has been used to identify dead homocide victims who had no ID on them.

It is easy to conceal it while using it to withdraw money at the ATM machine, since the next person on the queue will usually give you some privacy.

Iris scanner ATM machine, with ability to setup customized withdrawal limits, frequency and time of withdrawal....Also, let people setup two PIN numbers, regular PIN and theft mode PIN...when a theft mode PIN access to only e.g. 10% of you balance should be available...and this should be customizable.

These things are easy to implement, it is just that, the banks does not see the insentive in doing it.

1 Like

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by madgoat(m): 12:50pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dandsome:
Okay, nice one. But does that mean that the card will have a battery or USB port for it to be charged?

God have mercy! Which kain dumb question be this na.
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by IdeyFindWife: 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
princeofpeace22:
Yahoo and card robbers in trouble grin

In Nigeria? I doubt it!

Those criminals will just upgrade.
Yahooboys will ugrade to YahooPlus levels; they'll simply start chopping folks index-fingers off for Card Authentication purposes while Card Robbers may turn kidnappers proper.

And, as am guessing, daily withdrawal limit may be increased on cards like this; they'll find it easier to empty ppple's life savings easier once they grab them.

It's secure, effective, convenient but make everybody just dey shine eye sha!
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by BBBlaze: 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
ENDTIME ATM CARD!

666 DRAWING CLOSER TO US WITH EVERY ADVANCEMENT AND INNOVATION IN TECHNOLOGY!

PLEASE BE ON ALERT, SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY!
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by BrightEye(m): 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dandsome:
Okay, nice one. But does that mean that the card will have a battery or USB port for it to be charged?

No. when the card is inserted into money machine or pos, it automatically consumes power from the machine, making the biometric functional. This however explains why the biometric will only be for transactions with machines, as a clarity to op's doubt whether fingerprint things will also be for online transactions.
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by BrightEye(m): 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
BBBlaze:
ENDTIME ATM CARD!

666 DRAWING CLOSER TO US WITH EVERY ADVANCEMENT AND INNOVATION IN TECHNOLOGY!

PLEASE BE ON ALERT, SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY!

a phone has fingerprint things. when u did ur bvn, u used ur fingerprint. when u wanted to register ur sim card....... now an ATM card that serves as a key to your hard earned money, is being upgraded with more security and u call that signs of end time/ 666? pls next time try to use a plum, when thinking of what to comment.
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by simi4me(m): 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nwodosis:
Good one! You now have to bundle me to the ATM point to use my card against my wish!

How about I just cut off your hand?
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2017
Haha! Robbers will start leaving with your finger together with your atm card! Is it nit naija?
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by niyiguy(m): 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
It still uses pin

princeofpeace22:
Yahoo and card robbers in trouble grin
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by hahn(m): 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2017
HsLBroker:
Welcome development, the prophesy of the bible coming up gradually day by day.

Where is finger print tech mentioned in the bible?

1 Like

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by TheNathan(m): 2:49pm On Apr 27, 2017
But how will it be charged
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by Dandsome: 2:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
madgoat:

God have mercy! Which kain dumb question be this na.

That's why you're a mad goat
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by anosi(f): 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
I like that we keep innovating. Isn't that what God wants to do?
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by anosi(f): 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by donqx: 3:49pm On Apr 27, 2017
hackers reintroduced more tips
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by anosi(f): 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
Why are Nigerians quick to think of how criminals will use the innovation when a 'new' innovation comes? Sometimes, these thoughts create more fear than the actual proactive thinking it is intended to do.
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by brianromel(m): 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
like WTF

Before they could rob you of your card and just go.

Now they will collect your card and your finger.

Abeg banks, i will stick to my old type of card for now. No finger print card for me please.
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by Origin(f): 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
It's either they kidnap you bodily or they chop off your finger go use the card.

It's already happening. So not sure if this measure is productive. Cos now no be to steal card run. Now dey will steal person join.
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by gbzed(m): 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
It does not reallt make sense to m so someone cannot send his or her brother to d atm again?
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by sshalom(m): 7:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
This will solve a lot of security issues.
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by sobastical: 9:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
HsLBroker:
Welcome development, the prophesy of the bible coming up gradually day by day.

And our people will call it new development of time while its in line with the mark of the best said by the bible for the end time prophesy
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by dejiWEST: 10:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
Lmao Like!!!! I go still like dey send Ayo go collect money for me mehn

gbzed:
It does not reallt make sense to m so someone cannot send his or her brother to d atm again?

1 Like

Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by dejiWEST: 10:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
I think it's the new phones Tecno released in India, mad specs

Techm8:
Tecno i3 pro and i5 pro?
First time I'm hearing about these two phones. When was it released?
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by dejiWEST: 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2017
Lol I don't understand Nigerians, we vote with finger print, JAMB registration, so many things, Tecno and Infinix released phones with finger print scanner, as soon as e wan dey Master Card dem say na 666, Kilode Gaaan

BrightEye:

a phone has fingerprint things. when u did ur bvn, u used ur fingerprint. when u wanted to register ur sim card....... now an ATM card that serves as a key to your hard earned money, is being upgraded with more security and u call that signs of end time/ 666? pls next time try to use a plum, when thinking of what to comment.
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by paolokonqueror(m): 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
LOL or just cut your fingers and collect your pin
Nwodosis:
Good one! You now have to bundle me to the ATM point to use my card against my wish!
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by paolokonqueror(m): 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
I think the thing with Finger Print scanners is that it can't be the only form of security, like my phone for example, (Tecno L9 PLus), you actually have to have a password besides the finger print and when you put the phone on you're always required to type in the password. So I believe all the fear about taking one's fingers is nothing but fear.
Re: MasterCard Fingerprint Credit Card With In-Built Fingerprint Sensor by dejiWEST: 11:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
LMAO CLOWN grin grin grin
Tazdroid:
Oooooh, wetin be dis na?

Dat means if tif won steal your card, dem must cut off your finger join.

Which kain wahala be dis?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BDCs Now Buying Dollar At ₦‎980 — ABCON President / Shell To Divest Onshore Oil Stakes In Nigeria, Open Talks With FG / Fish Farming Is Profitable With Mobile Pond And Recirculating System (RAS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.