Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,076 members, 7,957,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:52 AM

Glo Reduces Data Volume - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Reduces Data Volume (56740 Views)

Glo Reduces International Call Tariff By 55% / Mtn Changes Recharge Card Loading Pattern And Reduces Card Pin / Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by darediamond(m): 6:44am On Apr 28, 2017
The Global Most Unserious NETWORK too dey trangaii...

Wait who tell you say you are "unlimited"?
Abeg, your limitation have turned to Snow!!
Over to South Africa joor.
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by Olayemi244(m): 7:11am On Apr 28, 2017
I don't know why glo network decided to act irrational like this, sort of things happened recently, could you believe that my 2k recharge bonus disappear 10 minutes after the recharge, don't worry I'm gonna port to another network........#Simple
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by alt3r3g0: 7:35am On Apr 28, 2017
dustmalik:

It did, and afterwards, it was reduced from 100% to 20%.

Thanks for the info. I know someone who was blocked by MTN. They said he had done multiple reloads so even before he got to three months they stopped giving the 200% bonus. Not sure if it was the validity (as it rolls over as well) that was used to track him.

My current validity is till june.
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by fullz: 7:38am On Apr 28, 2017
durasome:
.where did you said you live again please
maybe an underground bunker.
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by themanderon: 7:41am On Apr 28, 2017
This is madness!!! And them no even tell us. I know this is the handwork of those poop jobs at Ncc I was actually expecting it since their first effort failed woefully they had to silently implement it. Since this new guy took over Ncc I can't even tell whose interest he is protecting ours or the telcos. Everything in this country is just designed to frustrate the citizens. Technology is improving and data price is reducing in saner climes, the reverse is the case down here.
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by fullz: 7:55am On Apr 28, 2017
joseo:
abeg it is effective from when?
already running.
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by fullz: 7:59am On Apr 28, 2017
Olayemi244:
I don't know why glo network decided to act irrational like this, sort of things happened recently, could you believe that my 2k recharge bonus disappear 10 minutes after the recharge, don't worry I'm gonna port to another network........#Simple
have u tried #122*2#

1 Like

Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by berryice(f): 8:15am On Apr 28, 2017
Glo want to extort money from us...after they have finished Makin celeb ambassador nd paying dem heavily,couole with d glo mega tour dey did....states by states...they now wanna extort money from us with their poor network....wah if I decide to change my subscription plan?cos of their greed they are saying we should subscribe befr d expiring day...it ain't going to work...I will look for a better network
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:44am On Apr 28, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Mtn charges more on 4g spectrum.
MTN 4G data_plans

100MB for N500
150MB for N449
200MB for N1000
42GB for 12 months @ N66,499.
Unlimited for N36,999

You can dial *444# to access the full list of MTN 4G plans

Lol this is Visa phone plan sir...For those that were using Visaphone Sims before it was sold to mtn. I use a MTN 4G WiFi and I have been subbing with normal sub.
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by mhaki(m): 9:11am On Apr 28, 2017
Useless network. Worst network ever...do people still use Glo?
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by presido2e(m): 9:23am On Apr 28, 2017
From glo site

***New Customers would get Double Volume (Existing as of Today, please refer to the tables above).
***All Existing Customers who will have continuous subscription of data plans would also continue to enjoy the Double Volume.
***There would be a grace period of 3 days to still enjoy the benefits of continuous subscription.
***Customers who fail to renew their data plans within 3 Days of the Expiry of their Data Plans would get HALF the Data Volume.
***The Benefits of continuous subscription and the volume advantage would be communicated in the standard threshold alerts that go to the customer.
***All the other attributes of these plans remain unchanged (i.e Gifting, Sharing etc).

1 Like

Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by iliyande(m): 9:30am On Apr 28, 2017
presido2e:
From glo site

***New Customers would get Double Volume (Existing as of Today, please refer to the tables above).
***All Existing Customers who will have continuous subscription of data plans would also continue to enjoy the Double Volume.
***There would be a grace period of 3 days to still enjoy the benefits of continuous subscription.
***Customers who fail to renew their data plans within 3 Days of the Expiry of their Data Plans would get HALF the Data Volume.
***The Benefits of continuous subscription and the volume advantage would be communicated in the standard threshold alerts that go to the customer.
***All the other attributes of these plans remain unchanged (i.e Gifting, Sharing etc).

Yes

1 Like

Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by obontami: 9:53am On Apr 28, 2017
sunshineV:
dial *312#

* first migrate
* choose mid night plan
* select #25

Thanks man.
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 28, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Lol this is Visa phone plan sir...For those that were using Visaphone Sims before it was sold to mtn. I use a MTN 4G WiFi and I have been subbing with normal sub.
Not mtn Wi-Fi either. Anyway what do they charge you a normal data on 4g phone?
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Not mtn Wi-Fi either. Anyway what do they charge you a normal data on 4g phone?

Normal data price bro.. that plan you put up is for those using Visaphone sims not MTN sim. Dial *131# with an MTN sim, wether 3g or 4g price is the same

1 Like

Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by EmekaBlue(m): 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2017
Kingbusssy:

Must you talk
yes
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by guvnor78: 1:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
From what i'm reading the issue of reduced data plan is not TRUE i think you would still enjoy the same volumes when you have continuous subscription because of you look at there website these are the major points

A. New Customers would get Double Volume
B. All Existing Customers who will have continuous subscription of data plans would also continue to enjoy the Double Volume.
C. There would be a grace period of 72 hours to still enjoy the benefits of continuous subscription.
D. Customers who fail to renew their data plans within 72 hours of the Expiry of their Data Plans would get HALF the Data Volume.
E.The Benefits of continuous subscription would give volume advantage

DON'T LET YOUR PLAN EXPIRE AND THE HUGE DATA VOLUME IS MAINTAINED AND NOT GOING ANYWHERE

Glo nice one grin

Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
iliyande:
Don't panic:
Glo is still in the game of data

Just make sure you resubscribe before expiration date
I just sub 1k

I first subscribe 100 around 9am today den later subscribe for 1 month plan 1.6gb.... But the 1 month plan will expire before the 100. How can 1 month plan expires the same day i subscribe it? And how did i get 1.5gb for just 100 daily subscription? I don't understand o

Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
guvnor78:
From what i'm reading the issue of reduced data plan is not TRUE i think you would still enjoy the same volumes when you have continuous subscription because of you look at there website these are the major points

B. All Existing Customers who will have continuous subscription of data plans would also continue to enjoy the Double Volume.
C. There would be a grace period of 72 hours to still enjoy the benefits of continuous subscription.
D. Customers who fail to renew their data plans within 72 hours of the Expiry of their Data Plans would get HALF the Data Volume.

DON'T LET YOUR PLAN EXPIRE AND THE HUGE DATA VOLUME IS MAINTAINED AND NOT GOING ANYWHERE

Glo nice one grin

I first subscribe 100 around 9am today den later subscribe for 1 month plan 1.6gb.... But the 1 month plan will expire before the 100. How can 1 month plan expires the same day i subscribe it? And how did i get 1.5gb for just 100 daily subscription? I don't understand o. Pls how can u explain this

Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by iliyande(m): 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
Justice96:

I first subscribe 100 around 9am today den later subscribe for 1 month plan 1.6gb.... But the 1 month plan will expire before the 100. How can 1 month plan expires the same day i subscribe it? And how did i get 1.5gb for just 100 daily subscription? I don't understand o

chat them up on twiter
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by TheMotha: 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
Deelaw:
I'm really surprised no one noticed the sudden increase in data subscription by all networks in Nigeria. Mtn, airtel, etisalat have all reduced the 3gb for N1000 data to 1.5gb recently. Glo is only following suit.

There must have been a silent directive or somtin, probably from NCC as usual (my thought doh), Because they all seem to be unified on dis.

They decided to do it quietly since the first attempt failed woefully....It's a pity though!

Glo nice one Description: grin
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by TheMotha: 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
Justice96:

I first subscribe 100 around 9am today den later subscribe for 1 month plan 1.6gb.... But the 1 month plan will expire before the 100. How can 1 month plan expires the same day i subscribe it? And how did i get 1.5gb for just 100 daily subscription? I don't understand o. Pls how can u explain this

Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by TheMotha: 4:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
themanderon:
This is madness!!! And them no even tell us. I know this is the handwork of those poop jobs at Ncc I was actually expecting it since their first effort failed woefully they had to silently implement it. Since this new guy took over Ncc I can't even tell whose interest he is protecting ours or the telcos. Everything in this country is just designed to frustrate the citizens. Technology is improving and data price is reducing in saner climes, the reverse is the case down here.

IT IS REDUCED OLY IF YOU LEAVE THE CURRENT RATE. IF YOU STAY IN THE CYCLE, YOU WILL ENJOY CURRENT RATES OF DOUBLE DATA FOREVER. IF YOU DON'T RENEW AND LEAVE THE RENEWAL CYCLE YOU WILL DROP TO THE HALVED PLAN. SO THERE ARE CONDITIONS THAT KEEP YOU ON FOREVER. IF YOU BUY A NEW SIM THOUGH, YOU GET THE DOUBLE DATA FOR 90 AND IF YOU RENEW OU DON'T LOSE THAT AS WELL.
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by TheMotha: 4:43pm On Apr 28, 2017
berryice:
Glo want to extort money from us...after they have finished Makin celeb ambassador nd paying dem heavily,couole with d glo mega tour dey did....states by states...they now wanna extort money from us with their poor network....wah if I decide to change my subscription plan?cos of their greed they are saying we should subscribe befr d expiring day...it ain't going to work...I will look for a better network

IT IS REDUCED OLY IF YOU LEAVE THE CURRENT RATE. IF YOU STAY IN THE CYCLE, YOU WILL ENJOY CURRENT RATES OF DOUBLE DATA FOREVER. IF YOU DON'T RENEW AND LEAVE THE RENEWAL CYCLE YOU WILL DROP TO THE HALVED PLAN. SO THERE ARE CONDITIONS THAT KEEP YOU ON FOREVER. IF YOU BUY A NEW SIM THOUGH, YOU GET THE DOUBLE DATA FOR 90 AND IF YOU RENEW OU DON'T LOSE THAT AS WELL.
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by jamalchance(m): 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2017
abeg does mtn 25 naira night plan still work?
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by jamalchance(m): 5:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
iliyande:

Yes
so if i wanna subscribe again i should just follow d same process as b4 or do have new codes for those that want to continue enjoyin the former 3GB for 1k
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by Christianihechi: 9:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
EmekaBlue:
buhari govt effect....poor policies everywhere. d suffer is on d people...is that good leadership?! im arahia.

I found out this trick to get the same 3.5GB for 1000 naira. Check here https://www.kriztekblog.com/2017/04/get-more-data-glo-ng.html

1 Like

Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by dustmalik(m): 1:37am On Apr 29, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Mtn charges more on 4g spectrum.
MTN 4G data_plans

100MB for N500
150MB for N449
200MB for N1000
42GB for 12 months @ N66,499.
Unlimited for N36,999

You can dial *444# to access the full list of MTN 4G plans
These plans were introduced when mtn newly acquired VisaFone. And they were meant for those who migrated from Visafone to mtn, but they've since been discontinued.

Normal MTN customers and those who migrated from Visafone now use unified plans, which is the normal mtn data plans, for 3G and 4G. Everything is the same now, including tariff plans.
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by dustmalik(m): 1:43am On Apr 29, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Normal data price bro.. that plan you put up is for those using Visaphone sims not MTN sim. Dial *131# with an MTN sim, wether 3g or 4g price is the same
Data plans and tariff plans have been unified. There is no difference any longer. The only difference between those using the normal mtn SIM and those using the Visafone migrated SIM is LTE band 20. The Visafone migrated Sims support both LTE band 7 and 20, while the normal mtn Sims support only band 7.
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 29, 2017
dustmalik:

These plans were introduced when mtn newly acquired VisaFone. And they were meant for those who migrated from Visafone to mtn, but they've since been discontinued.

Normal MTN customers and those who migrated from Visafone now use unified plans, which is the normal mtn data plans, for 3G and 4G. Everything is the same now, including tariff plans.
Kk
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by omoboy08(m): 8:52am On Apr 29, 2017
I has active plan but my auto renewal has been cancelled pls do this: send ACCEPT to 127 to restore it and ur subsequent subscription will be on the old rate. OR if is a fresh sub, do like #1000 plan for new rate as auto renewal comes at default then before it expires subsequent sub will take u back to old rate. The strategy is just to lock in their loyal customer
Re: Glo Reduces Data Volume by kedunaija(m): 1:22pm On May 03, 2017
You can now borrow recharge card from any of your network providers like Glo Nigeria, MTN Nigeria, Airtel and Etisalat through their various borrow me credit features. Find out How to borrow airtime

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Collected My Reserved Ntel Sim Card In Abuja. / Funniest Tweets About Facebook, Instagram And WhatsApp Since They Are Down (Pix) / Glo Data Awoof- Get 5.2GB For N100 And 10.4GB For N200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.