Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) (35550 Views)

Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead / Three Story Building Collapses In Jos, Many Feared Dead, Others Injured / Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by Greatzeus(m): 5:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
goldedprince:
this is why am reluctant buying an already built hiuse in lekki.
i was close to buying one few days ago but i changed my mind after i read stuffs like "builder building house on refuse dumps etc"
also read that most of the properties where built using poor materials.
This is the height of self delusion lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by okuya: 6:04pm On Apr 27, 2017
Pls op, nicon town i know is not off admiralty way !,
It is by paul adefarasin's house on d rock, before jakande
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by jaytime(m): 6:04pm On Apr 27, 2017
Chair, this is one mishap too many. RIP to the lost souls.
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
The structural engineer and contractor are in trouble!
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by sshalom(m): 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
Losing precious lives in these types of incidents particularity in Lagos call for serious concern and moderation. May the dead rest in peace.
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by phetto(m): 6:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
obembet:

What can't you apply your common sense for once

Weitin Buhari has to do with collapse building?

Remember, Buhari is somebody papa, and u also have papa, in case u don't have, u still get elder for your family

U will reap what u.....
Shut up there
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
Hmmm... Why is it that 99.9% of building colapse in Nigeria happen in Lagos? I think that Lagos has alot to learn from Onitsha building constructors.
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by badbreathcure101: 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
thats what happens when you give baba gbemi yourhpuse project
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by MrEdimulo82(m): 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
Onyenna:
So damn sad.....

Wia da fu©k is the contractor?

Possibly client is himself the contractor. Funny how ds days client always want to outsmart themselves. Now building goes to LASG.
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by ikp120(m): 6:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
All these people screaming sub standard materials should just shut da fück up!

Most building collapses are due to miscalculations or wrong engineering practices. You can go there now and you won't see even one sub standard product.
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by smith666999(m): 6:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
WHO IS YOUR ICE?

The Federal Road Safety Commission has just come out with the concept of “ICE".. Please read carefully, it may save your life or that of someone you know"

We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory. If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending to us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this 'ICE' (In Case of Emergency) Campaign.

The concept of 'ICE' is catching on quickly. It is a method of quick contact during emergency situations.
As mobile phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name 'ICE' ( In Case Of Emergency).

The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents there were always mobile phones with patients but they didn't know which
number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognised name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialling the number you have stored as 'ICE'.

Please forward this. It won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest. For more than one contact names, simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc.

PASS THIS AROUND AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE AND THIS CAN HELP IN AN EMERGENCY".

It's worth sharing please Forward as received.

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by juman(m): 6:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
nairaman66:
So many buildings in Lekki especially the Ikate area are built on faulty grounds (Fake Equipments/Materials). I think they should disband the Standard Organization of Nigeria!! They are conniving with a lot of criminals to import substandard goods into this country. Welcome to Nigeria the official dumpsite of the world!! No public safety... Nigeria is a joke!!

RIP to dead!

Sad.

nigeria a country without any government.
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by adedoyin008(m): 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
Well, it's so sad it's happening again..Building collapse every other time. Only if the federal and state government are ready to pass the BUILDING CODE that's when the incessant collapse of building can stop. When professional only are allowed to carried out building construction. So many factors could cause building collapse. ..what most people think causes building collapse is basically substandard materials....I say no..
Have we thought about poor workmanship and the technical capability of the resident construction manager/ supervisor.
Please when next you have a building project kindly contact kokzy projects limited we are at your service to give you the best value for your money. We have good eyes for details and quality finishes.. we proud to say we have over 15years experience in building construction will notable project across lagos, abuja, ogun and taraba state.
Contact us on
Telephone number : 08063602616 , 08054124017
Email: kokzyprojectsltd@gmail.com
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by YaksonFCA(m): 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
RIP to the dead and quick recovery to the injured
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
It is the duty of a contractor!!..be you any member of the building team as there is no regulation in the building industry now, to supervise each material brought to your site,..advice your client to follow the structural design done by a professional structural Engineer based on the nature of the soil and other site conditions,...enough is enough,..I feel sad that am hearing this as an Architect but the truth be told,...on site,.the Contractor tends to neglect some things just to please the client to make sure no incompetent draft man takes his job but meets his waterloo when the building collapses....is a pity...Cjkatas Consults Nig ltd...07061209159,.Anambra State
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by Obito555(m): 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
This is what happen when those babas at age 70+ didnt want to leave building construction
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
JefLonDon:
And Buhari will Just keep looking

Afonjas Idiots
Frustrated Osu! grin

4 Likes

Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by dotcomnamename: 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
You see, this is another lesson that at times building in posh area is not the end of the world, building in where you think you will have peace of mind is also ok. Everybody won buy land, buy house for lekki. Any small thing, ''i'm in lekki, i'm running up and down to buy land in lekki, facebook update na lekki, twitter update na lekki, instagram update na lekki, even if some people dey inside toilet for oshogbo them go say na from lekki dem they poo. At times building in Oshodi under bridge sef better pass their yeye lekki.
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by amanikondo: 7:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
goldedprince:
this is why am reluctant buying an already built hiuse in lekki.
i was close to buying one few days ago but i changed my mind after i read stuffs like "builder building house on refuse dumps etc"
also read that most of the properties where built using poor materials.
Dey deceive yourself. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by goldedprince: 7:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
amanikondo:

Dey deceive yourself. grin grin grin grin grin
deceive myself how?
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by ademide0710: 7:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
RIP

Are you getting married and you are a low budget ? Don't worry!! Unique Asooke has splashed there price from #150k to #100k Get your complete engagement Asooke for just #100k Call or what's app 07036640956.
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by manitoba(m): 7:58pm On Apr 27, 2017
Op, Nicon Town is not off Admiralty Drive Lekki.. Please stop misinforming people.. RIP to the dead and I wish a thorough investigation is done and appropriate deterrent is mete to culprit.

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by waldigit: 8:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
LatestAmebo:
2 people have died as an uncompleted two-storey building collapsed on Thursday afternoon at NICON Town Estate, off Admiralty way, in Lekki area of Lagos. It was gathered that the workers were mixing concrete on the site when part of the building collapsed, with people trapped under the debris.

Officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, and other rescue responders are on site trying to rescue those trapped in the debris. Two people were said to have died in the collapse, according to sources in LASEMA

Source: http://www.latestamebonaija.com/2017/04/two-feared-dead-as-building-collapses.html

We need more sophisticated tool to assess standard materials, soil nature and structural integrity.
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by Missmossy(f): 8:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ewww people haven't recovered from the one that happened at Lekki gardens, now this embarassed terrible things happening on a daily basis. Its really disheartening, i hope the casualities won't be many.
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by ipreach: 9:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
RIP
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by illumiaconcept: 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2017
What you get went you bye cut your structural analysis all in the name of saving cost...
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by Onyenna(m): 10:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
MrEdimulo82:

Possibly client is himself the contractor. Funny how ds days client always want to outsmart themselves. Now building goes to LASG.

You're so right bro.....Some clients can really be stubborn eeehhhnnn!...some feel they're better than the Engineers/contractor......

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by texazzpete(m): 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2017
DollarAngel:
I see news like, I look at it with disdain and grin on my face, this has happen before at Lekki gardens where over 30 persons lost their lives all we heard was they are they are they are going to prosecute, up till nothing has been done about it, here comes another one, believe me dust will be over raised but it will eventually settle in matter of days, then going through this, you now see why our governments are failures, until human life and security tops their PRIORITIES LIST, and any offence against it is never taken lightly then we might start getting it right, becos in life nobody knows tomorrow it might be your relative, I feel concerned somuch when it comes to life. Pls let the agency in charge see that proper in investigation are been done and defaulters are been dealt by law

You feel 'concerned about life' yet you say you read this news about people's deaths with a grin on your face?

Ghoul.

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by Cargoed: 11:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
Must people leave in Lekki. You are building on a sandy soil. in lekki case swamp mud. And then they sell an aprtment for N5m. hmmm what do you think?
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by JefLonDon(m): 7:33am On Apr 28, 2017
just like your people

neoOduduwa:
Frustrated Osu! grin
Re: Building Collapses In Lekki, Two Feared Dead (Photo) by JefLonDon(m): 7:34am On Apr 28, 2017
please where is your own future that wasn't stolen

Okoyiboz3:

You keep shouting Afonjas while your governors have stolen your future, the future of your children and generations yet unborn and invested it in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities / Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition / How To Avoid Paying The Dreaded Omonile Signing Fees Scam In Lagos And Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.