Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,777 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu (591 Views)

Huge Python Killed In Oba, Anambra State (Photos) / FG Should Give Logistical Support To NIS For Better Border Policing -Oba Akiolu / Presidency Says Buhari Did Not Snub South-east Economic Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by Nobody: 6:00am On Apr 28, 2017
THE Oba of Lagos, His Royal Majesty Oba Rilwan Akiolu, has cleared the air on the video in the social media being misconstrued for Oba of Lagos snubbing the Ooni of Ife, His Royal Majesty, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi at a public function in Lagos.
One of the white cap chiefs, Lateef Aderibigbe Ajose, Opeluwa Onido of Lagos, said the Lagos Monarch did not ignore Ooni of Ife at the public function as being misconceived by people.
He said Oba Akiolu’s response to Ooni is the culturally acclaimed way of greeting by a monarch in Lagos. He added that the Lagos King is basically trying to revive the culture and tradition of ancient Lagos which is peculiar to the State. Other tribes also have their peculiar ways of greeting. “The sign by Oba Akiolu signifies, ‘inu mi, inu e’, the culture of greeting in Lagos. if Oba Akiolu wanted to ignore, he would have turned his face away from Ooni,” he said.
In his words, “there is no misunderstanding between both highly revered Monarchs in Yoruba Land”. According to him, the relationship between both Yoruba kings is peaceful and mutual. “Oba Akiolu was well represented at the coronation of Ooni of Ife, which attested to the fact that he does not disregard the office of Ooni Adeyeye.
Chief Ajose said Oba Akiolu had waited till this time to react to the issue because he had to meet with other chiefs in the palace and meet minds before addressing the public on the matter.
“There is no sentiment in the culture of Lagos. As we met it that is the way we are doing it. Kabiesi Oba Akiolu is trying to bring back the old pattern, the old culture we have left behind”
“What happened that day was wrongly speculated by the social media to disrupt peace and order and misinterpret Oba Akiolu’s action”
“We just want to appeal to the social media to stop spreading wrong information. They should try and understand the reason behind every action carried out most especially by traditional rulers”
“Yoruba has a very rich culture. There is no quarrel between the Oba of Lagos and Ooni of Ife.”
Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by Nobody: 6:01am On Apr 28, 2017
Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by Nwodosis(m): 6:05am On Apr 28, 2017
Are you talking to kids?

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by Mortiple(m): 6:11am On Apr 28, 2017
Social Media, hope una don hear?! grin

But why does he want to "bring back" this kind of repulsive culture in the 21st century?

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by balanceofterror1(m): 6:12am On Apr 28, 2017
You mean Ooni is a stranger to this your new cultural method of greeting?. Lai Mohammed

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by Nobody: 6:12am On Apr 28, 2017
civilization......if this had happened in the olden days, Lagos would have been invaded , their baale thrown into the lagoon.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by suso(m): 6:18am On Apr 28, 2017
So you think sey we be fool Another Lai Mohammed spotted
Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by pyyxxaro: 6:20am On Apr 28, 2017
Afonjaa tnz undecided
Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by UnknownT: 6:23am On Apr 28, 2017
Cultural way of greeting in Lagos and you had to testrun it with the Ooni? So many days after the incident, this is what the Lagos palace can come up with?
Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by Benekruku(m): 6:25am On Apr 28, 2017
The policeman is getting too much attention!

Nigerian Police for that matter, what else comes out from there lots.

Even the Great King Wasiu Ayinde Marshal 1 and King Sunny Ade still prostrate to the Oni.

Who then is he........

Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by Khd95(m): 6:26am On Apr 28, 2017
If u didnt snub the ooni,then tender an apology of 1,600 words to the palace of ooni.

else lion king,king kong,obaseki,obahiagbon are grater than yougrin

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by olaric(m): 6:28am On Apr 28, 2017
Go tell it to the Marines
Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by Authoreety: 6:28am On Apr 28, 2017
Abegeeee spare us all DAT trash!!

Lagos oba is known 2 b d most arrogant traditional ruler
Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by richdaddy75: 6:34am On Apr 28, 2017
Akinolu - the lagoon Oba, always cause sorts of embarassments to Lagos
Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by mysyto(m): 6:36am On Apr 28, 2017
hmmmm the fear of Ife ppl...
Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by Elnino4ladies: 6:38am On Apr 28, 2017
Weak defense
Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by Femolacaster(m): 7:01am On Apr 28, 2017
Shameless king.
Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by hadura29(m): 7:03am On Apr 28, 2017
Nice one you try... ODe na im you call us abi.... If he is reviving old culture, he would have stood up to greet him.. then waits for him to sit before he sits..
Re: I Did Not Snub Ooni Of Ife —oba Akiolu by KEYSERSOZE(m): 7:30am On Apr 28, 2017
highrise07:
THE Oba of Lagos, His Royal Majesty Oba Rilwan Akiolu, has cleared the air on the video in the social media being misconstrued for Oba of Lagos snubbing the Ooni of Ife, His Royal Majesty, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi at a public function in Lagos.
One of the white cap chiefs, Lateef Aderibigbe Ajose, Opeluwa Onido of Lagos, said the Lagos Monarch did not ignore Ooni of Ife at the public function as being misconceived by people.
He said Oba Akiolu’s response to Ooni is the culturally acclaimed way of greeting by a monarch in Lagos. He added that the Lagos King is basically trying to revive the culture and tradition of ancient Lagos which is peculiar to the State. Other tribes also have their peculiar ways of greeting. “The sign by Oba Akiolu signifies, ‘inu mi, inu e’, the culture of greeting in Lagos. if Oba Akiolu wanted to ignore, he would have turned his face away from Ooni,” he said.
In his words, “there is no misunderstanding between both highly revered Monarchs in Yoruba Land”. According to him, the relationship between both Yoruba kings is peaceful and mutual. “Oba Akiolu was well represented at the coronation of Ooni of Ife, which attested to the fact that he does not disregard the office of Ooni Adeyeye.
Chief Ajose said Oba Akiolu had waited till this time to react to the issue because he had to meet with other chiefs in the palace and meet minds before addressing the public on the matter.
“There is no sentiment in the culture of Lagos. As we met it that is the way we are doing it. Kabiesi Oba Akiolu is trying to bring back the old pattern, the old culture we have left behind”
“What happened that day was wrongly speculated by the social media to disrupt peace and order and misinterpret Oba Akiolu’s action”
“We just want to appeal to the social media to stop spreading wrong information. They should try and understand the reason behind every action carried out most especially by traditional rulers”
“Yoruba has a very rich culture. There is no quarrel between the Oba of Lagos and Ooni of Ife.”

Story for the gods.....................

(1) (Reply)

Evans : Before They Silence Him And His Other Accomplices Go Free! / Exclusive: Alterplate Artiste, Debi J In Deadly Crash | E-nigeria! / Npower Now On Nairaland! (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.