Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

A university degree or my income source - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / A university degree or my income source (695 Views)

CREATE A LIFE TIME AUTOMATED INCOME SOURCE / 2017 May Be Financially Hard For You If You Only Have One Income Source. Learn.. / Do You Have A Second Income Source? Is Your Salary Enough For You? Check This... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A university degree or my income source by natedroid: 7:02am On Apr 28, 2017
I invested about the sum of 450,000 naira in early 2015 into transportation for the purchase of a car which I used for campus shuttle at the University of Benin and about that same year I also got admitted into a part time program at Uniben, the cab business thrived steadily and I was able to accumulate and save up some funds which I later put into a book supply business, the income from my book supplies although wasn't coming on regular basis but it was lucrative.

I got into a terrible financial crisis around February and almost went bankrupt , the crisis affected my book supply business and got me into debt. My predicament at this point is that I owe the University a two session tuition running into the sum of 120,000 naira (my program is Part time)
I have explored and exhausted every possible means of raising funds. Help isn't forth coming from any where, my first semester exams begins tomorrow and the school authority made it clear this time that no school fees no exams. I haven't slept since last night, I am in strait and at lost on what to do. I am 27 and still studying for my Bsc, completing my academics and earning the degree matters a lot to me because I have put it in resources, time and effort and I don't want to quit after having come this far.
I used the proceeds I made since the beginning of the semester from the cab service to off set some business debts and I have just little left

My car is still in good shape and the only two option I have left is to either sell the car ASAP and pay my tuition and be able to write the next exams which continues next weekend or forfeit this semester exams and not writing this semester courses means I get a withdrawal case because I wrote few courses last semester due to non payment of school fees.

Disposing the car will affect my income source, driving a cab has been rewarding to me until my recent crisis. It puts food on my table and has also afforded me the opportunity of extending little supports to my family.

I will be indebted for any advice or help I can get because I am at lost on what next to do
Re: A university degree or my income source by natedroid: 2:50pm On May 06, 2017
UPDATED

I am yet to secure a loan from any money lender, I already missed fours exams and I have been hustling morning till night driving on the road. I want to believe that I could save up the money I need for my tuition in 6 weeks but it's really difficult because that means I drive for long hours every day which isn't good for my car. I hope I don't get kicked out of the department before the next semester begins. The road has not been easy for me. I mean, No spouse, an incompleted university degree, no support from any source. I am all alone struggling to make it.
Re: A university degree or my income source by virtual3xpert: 2:11pm On May 15, 2017
natedroid:
UPDATED

I am yet to secure a loan from any money lender, I already missed fours exams and I have been hustling morning till night driving on the road. I want to believe that I could save up the money I need for my tuition in 6 weeks but it's really difficult because that means I drive for long hours every day which isn't good for my car. I hope I don't get kicked out of the department before the next semester begins. The road has not been easy for me. I mean, No spouse, an incompleted university degree, no support from any source. I am all alone struggling to make it.

Hello!
Have you been able to sort this out?
Re: A university degree or my income source by natedroid: 7:54am On May 27, 2017
Not really, I missed all the semesters exams, so far I have saved about 60k. It hasn't been easy at all. I am doing all the best I could. My target is to pay the pending tuition by next week and then go see my course advisor
Re: A university degree or my income source by natedroid: 11:44pm On Jun 05, 2017
Updated

Wow , it's been more than a month now since I started hustling to raise funds for my tuition and am happy to report that I have cleared the school fees payment I owed , I don't know how I did it or where I got the energy from but I saved over a 100k in 30 days from my campus cab business

I am happy I didn't sale my car or take up a loan from money lenders
I still got my ride intact , tuition is settled and business goes on as usual but I intend slowing down a bit so I don't over stress myself , the only downside is the exams I missed last semester.

Hard work pays I must say and I am thankful to the Most High for giving me the strength to hustle hard legitimately and I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel . The future is appears brighter.

#keep hope alive and never give up#

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

GHW Account For Sale / Duplex For Sale In Life Camp Abuja / I Need A Forex Expert Living In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.