Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

The Power Of Networking - Tokunbo Fasoro - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Power Of Networking - Tokunbo Fasoro (322 Views)

Finding Your Purpose – Tokunbo Fasoro / How Can I Turn My Passion Into A Career? Tokunbo Fasoro / My Experience In A Deceived Job Interview In Lagos(gnld Now Neolife Networking) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Networking - Tokunbo Fasoro by BISolutionsng: 11:22am On Apr 28, 2017
Hello everyone,

When I ventured into entrepreneurship, I was working from home at the time. There was a need to get an office space and I had been praying desperately for one. At that time, I had started an Entrepreneurship Management class at the Pan Atlantic University and you can trust that I ensured I spoke to everyone in class. I would leave my group and go to other groups just to meet people. It was something I really loved doing.
One day, in the middle of my program, I had a brilliant Idea, which today has grown into BI empowerment, but I didn't know how to go about it then. I decided to have a chat with the Director of the program. As I began to describe my idea to him, he bluntly told me I could not pull the idea through without an office space, and in a polite way told me that our discussion would continue when I get this space. Extremely depressed and demotivated, I began to walk down the staircase confused in a confused haze. Immediately I got downstairs, I needed to talk to someone and the first person I saw took a look at my face and asked "What is wrong"? I told her that I was just asked to get an office space urgently but I had no money. She looked at me briefly, then said she had a free office space in Ikeja GRA for rent. I immediately told her I couldn't afford it, that was when I got a huge shock. Still looking at me, she said "I will give you for free!".
That was how I got an office space valued at 1.2 million Naira for free in Ikeja GRA through Net working. I sat down in the car, shocked for about 20 minutes and then began to think about a few people in my class who would just walk into class, not speak to anyone and then walk back out after class, I just thought about the great opportunity I would have missed if I had just avoided building relationships in class.
There is a saying that "Even a lone ranger has a horse". No man can live in isolation.

BI Empowerment team

(1) (Reply)

Social Media & Content Developer Interns At Netbit Solutions Limited / Mastermind Home Tutor / I Need Job(to Whom It May Concern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.