Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

'Two Slaves For Sale' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 'Two Slaves For Sale' (516 Views)

Don't Blame Libya, Blacks Will Always Be Slaves / Teachers In Nigeria Are Treated Like 'libyan Slaves' - Prof. Peter Okebukola Bla / How Black Slaves Were Punished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'Two Slaves For Sale' by KealDrogo: 7:43am On Apr 29, 2017
A high school student has been suspended after posting an ad to Craigslist selling two of his black female classmates as 'slaves'.All three attend Fleming Island High School in Florida, where the ad quickly went viral and was circulated among the student body before being removed by the site. The posting was titled in bold, 'TWO SLAVES FOR SALE - $470' and listed the location as 'Fleming Island Plantation'.The description continued: 'Two healthy negro slave gals for sale. Good condition and hard work ethic! If you need another pair of hands around the farm/house, you're in luck!'One of the young women pictured in the photo, Skye Fefee, said she first learned of the ad when another student posted it on her Facebook page, and others began tagging her in it when they recognized her.'I'm a little disappointed, because I didn't realize that racism was still in our school to this day,' said Skye, who is also senior.'I don't wish that upon anyone, and I felt really discouraged that people are still like that today.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4456962/Florida-student-posts-Craigslist-ad-selling-classmates.html

(1) (Reply)

2017 Affordable Admission Into College/university In The Philippines Asia / Professional Chef Training Program 2017 / Jamb Wants To Frustrate Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.