Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,954 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Djs Are Richer Than Artistes In Nigeria — DJ Shabzy - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Djs Are Richer Than Artistes In Nigeria — DJ Shabzy (377 Views)

DJ Kaywise Drum Kits 2019 For Nigerian & African Djs / Top 7 Hottest Artistes In The First Half Of 2019 / Weedcult | Mixtape That No Nigeria Dj Has Ever Beat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Djs Are Richer Than Artistes In Nigeria — DJ Shabzy by craix(m): 9:22am On Apr 29, 2017
Kiss Daniel's officially DJ,DJ Shabzy, said Nigerian DJs are richer than Nigerian Artistes because DJ save money compare to artistes, who spend their money to maintain their celebrity status. DJ Shabzy who is DJ to 'Mama' crooner Kiss Daniel and G-worldwide label mate sugarboy.

The DJ who told Showtime in an exclusive chat, Artistes spend heavy extravagantly to maintain their identity and status in the music industry but DJs didn't waste their money like that, they lived a sample life.

He added by said, “As a matter of fact when you talk about the revenue in the music industry; DJs get to save much more than the artistes, I’m not talking about the A’list artistes now, I’m talking about the average artistes that are known. I can tell you that DJs probably earn much more and save more than the artistes because DJs get to go for shows back to back; our standard of living is less to what the artistes will have to live on. Artistes want to change clothes every minute but DJs don’t really have reasons to go into that kind of lifestyle, because we have the name out there but less is to the identity, so it saves us much than the artistes. We are doing better than them, I’m not top notch, but I’m doing fine.”

He also pointed out a key area the music industry needs to urgently address before it erodes the very essence and credibility of the creative craft. He told Showtime that in his experience in the music industry, some artistes personally pay people to pirate their own songs, just to spin a web of controversy that will promote it. He said; “One thing I think artistes in Nigeria are doing that is not so cool and needs to be addressed is going to the extent of paying people to pirate their own songs all in the name of promotion.” In his opinion, he strongly believes artistes should allow their works speak for themselves instead of cutting corners.

SOURCE:http://www.thenaijaface.com/2017/04/djs-are-richer-than-artistes-in-nigeria.html#more

(1) (Reply)

New Joint…………… Sprint Ft Timaya… I Must Waka / Shizzo - Misbehave / [music] Efe – "Somebody" Prod. By Duktor Sett

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.