Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Belong With The Rest Of The World! By Nimi Princewill - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Belong With The Rest Of The World! By Nimi Princewill (559 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill / Buhari Is Victimizing Those That Don't Belong To His Religious Group - CAN Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Belong With The Rest Of The World! By Nimi Princewill by PsychedeliQ: 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
The "Good News" as presented by our smooth-talking, modestly dressed and frequent unexpected guests- The Jehovah's Witnesses, who by the way, always tend to show up at the wrong time, isn't as particularly exciting as it sounds.

Asides the willingness of Witnesses, who are always equipped with materials to engage you in either brief or extensive debates (depending on your energy level and willpower for the day) in defense of their claim as the only "true religion" while others are viewed as "demonically inspired" (which could piss you off a little if you have no chill), there's a lot more to this interesting religious splinter cell.

The Jehovah's Witnesses, are fondly notable for their numerous seclusion from certain conventional practices. In other words, they aren't your regular everyday Christians!

The disregard for patriotism and the slim recognition of 'earthly' political authority by Jehovah's Witnesses, know no bounds!

In line with their belief system that indicts the government of this world as being under the control of Satan, which they believe will eventually be destroyed by Jehovah (God) in the very near future; voting in elections, celebrating birthdays, observing national celebrations or simply reciting the national anthem according to them, doesn't align with Jehovah's will for us. Joining the army in defense of one's country, is also highly forbidden of Witnesses!

Isn't it slightly awkward, trying so hard to make sense of their non-negotiable stand on the issue of donating, storing or transfusion of blood, even in moments of emergency? "I'd rather die on the hospital bed accepting God's will, than consent to an unbiblical blood transfusion" a Witness recently boasted to me.

Witnesses on the lower rung of the food chain, aren't allowed to grow a contrary opinion on their rigid doctrines. Excessive inquiry and a different biblical point of view, could put a Witness at risk of being banished or dismembered from the group, which is also accompanied by a restrictive order to members to discontinue further interaction with the 'demon possessed' expelled victim, even if they were family!

Aren't the Jehovah's Witnesses extremists of some sort?

I guess, this is the point where the pulse of any Jehovah's Witness reading this, would be vibrating with the urge to hurriedly put me in the 'right perspective' with their famous portion of the Bible which remind Christians not to conform to, or take part in the things of this world.

Witnesses have no legitimate recognition of 'wordly authority', yet they persuasively seek to appeal the ban imposed on them by the Russian government, at the wordly court which is supposedly controlled by Satan, and presided over by a wordly judge who's a wordly non-Witness! Funny how things work out...

While I do not subscribe to vindictive policies levied against Jehovah's Witnesses anywhere in the world, I think it's almost certain that although they dwell among us, Witnesses don't belong with us in this current existing world (whether as citizens or co-Christians), and no one can really blame the shrewd Russian government for having a temper towards them.

Twitter: @princewill_nimi

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Belong With The Rest Of The World! By Nimi Princewill by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 29, 2017
Interesting. Informative.

I think it is also extreme to consider what JW believe and practise extreme. Its just opposite sides of spetrum but same "extreme" behaviour.

What Russia has done is "extreme" by any definition- it is restricting peoples rights to religious freedom, expression and practise.

I am surprised Russian government haven't instituited same law for radical islam; whom are outrightedly violent.

Even mainstream xtianity has some "extremeism" in it too. Read the bible. Believing that Jesus is tge only one true path to God is extreme.

Lets face it- most religion of judaeo-christain origin and derivative thereof has some roots in extremism.

What Russia did is just the beginning of a very scary race towards some form of religious equivalence of eugenics- bordering on what Hitler did to the jews centuries ago.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Belong With The Rest Of The World! By Nimi Princewill by succyblinks(f): 3:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
Saying witnesses does not belong to the world is somewhat off-point. I know some of their rules are somehow hard and unseemly ( they have bible backings for all their rules tho) but that doesn't put them off the world. No one is forced to join their faith

If you say jw does not belong to the rest of the world what will you say of Islam where their book of faith rightly tells them to kill any unbeliever.

Live and let others live. Peace
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Belong With The Rest Of The World! By Nimi Princewill by TemmyWon(f): 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
Are you even a Christian? the Bible says judge not besides when last have you picked your Bible to share the word? I think the world would be a better place if we have more of them. they don't steal, a pity they don't do politics

(1) (Reply)

Free Google Sponsored Digital Skills Training For Churches / The Goodness Of God / Did Jesus Claim To Be God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.